Thread: My Funny and Satisfying Shu Campaign

havuk's Avatar Foederatus

Default My Funny and Satisfying Shu Campaign

I started a Shu campaign on Hard/normal and decided my goal would be to get as many generals from enemy factions. Im currently on turn 20 and I pretty much have the majority of the famous generals from both Cao Cao's and Lu Bu's factions. This includes Gao Shun, Chen Gong, Zhang Liao, Xu Zhu, Cao Xiu, Cao Ren, Cao Chun, Xu Huang, Wei Xu, Zang Ba, Yue Jin, Song Xian, Hou Cheng, Xun Yu, Xun You and some other minor generals. Its funny cause I haven't recruited a single soldier from any of my cities. All ive been using are the soldiers that from the armies ive been bribing. I allied with both Lu Bu and Cao Cao in the beginning and sent all my armies against yuan shu. After I absorbed all of his territory, I just bribed caos and lubu's generals when their loyalty became low enough lol. I waited for cao to declare war on lubu and am now blitzkrieging most of his territory, using his own troops. In order to have money for bribing, I didnt buy any buildings except for the starter markets and roads, put tax on very high on all my cities, and tried to acquire as many trade rights to other factions as i could.

I know this mod wasn't made to be played this way, but damn its fun. Its especially satisfying using their own armies against them. Currently, Im still allied with lubu whos getting assaulted by both cao cao and qing zhou. Hes getting it next after im done with cao cao.

Thank you to the RotK team for making this mod and I was wondering if anyone else had equally enjoyable campaigns as i did?

Default Re: My Funny and Satisfying Shu Campaign

i enjoy killing famous enemies officers, since I am going for a more realistic playthrough. I play as Liu Yao, and my goal is to ally all the Liu forces and be the one who defeat liang and take chang an, atm I am almost done with sun ce force. killed all his officers except zhou tai.

This mod is great. But we can capture enemies officer and when attack a city the enemies can fleet. Their officer must die with his troop. So sad, is there a way to capture enemies offỉce alive

Quote Originally Posted by Kiesennin View Post
    This mod is great. But we can capture enemies officer and when attack a city the enemies can fleet. Their officer must die with his troop. So sad, is there a way to capture enemies offỉce alive
    My mistake i mean the cast defence officer can't fleet.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

We've been exploring the possibility, however it appears that the Medieval II engine limitations and hardcodes do not allow it.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Is it possible to check when a certain named general dies with a script and 'ressurect'/give the player a copy of that general that the game started with?

Ie i kill cao xiu in battle game checks that he died, give me a popup 'do you wish to recruit cao xiu into your army?' if player clicks yes, then add_unit 'cao xiu the reformed' to player_faction

original general dies as normal.
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

My Shu campaign I am following the missions, just got the event to launch an attack on Han Zhong after my conquest of Yi province. I'm currently allied with the Sun clan. Cao Cao just destroyed Yaun Shu's Huianan faction and beat down Yaun Shao so bad he bent the knee. I currently occupy cities from Xin Ye to Chang Sha to Cheng Du. After I take Han Zhong I still need to take out the Southern Tribes who are a bit of an thorn in my foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra123 View Post
    Is it possible to check when a certain named general dies with a script and 'ressurect'/give the player a copy of that general that the game started with?

Ie i kill cao xiu in battle game checks that he died, give me a popup 'do you wish to recruit cao xiu into your army?' if player clicks yes, then add_unit 'cao xiu the reformed' to player_faction

original general dies as normal.
    Fighting with Zombie generals would be too much fun. I'd be in favour of Havuk's tactic: offer him money. If he will not join your faction and would rather fight to death defending his city, you will have to kill him.