Thread: Fun Factions

Mamertine's Avatar Tiro

Default Fun Factions

Hello,

Looking for a new faction to play that is fun, so let me know what you think is the funnest faction to play as. I would prefer a faction that is challenging, unlike the Franks. I was thinking of maybe doing a barbarian faction that can horde and get up and go start somewhere competely different like Babylonia, or Russia. Has anyone else done this? Any good locations for new settlements? Which factions can horde, I forget.

Thanks in advance.
    When Hiero returned to besiege their base (Messana) in 265 BC the Mamertines called for help from a nearby fleet from Carthage, which occupied the harbor of Messana. Seeing this, the Syracuse forces retired, not wishing to confront Carthaginian forces. Uncomfortable under the Cathaginian "protection," the Mamertines now appealed to Rome to be allowed into the protection of the Roman people. At first, the Romans did not wish to come to the aid of soldiers who had unjustly stolen a city from its rightful possessors. However, unwilling to see Carthaginian power spread further over Sicily and get too close to Italy, Rome responded by entering into an alliance with the Mamertines. In response, Syracuse allied itself with Carthage, imploring their protection. With Rome and Carthage brought into conflict, the Syracuse/Mamertine conflict escalated into the First Punic War.

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Fun Factions

Very few factions in VGR can horde. I think that the Bulgars, Huns and Longobards are the only ones. If you're looking for a challenge though, I definitely recommend either the Western Roman Empire or the Domain of Soissons

Burgundians and the Ostrogoths can also horde. The Suebi faction should be a challenged and fun to play. But if you looking for an Eastern faction go with vikior suggestions What difficulty settings do you play on?
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 18, 2014 at 07:44 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Mamertine's Avatar Tiro

i play M/VH. I did WRE and loved it. The reason I am asking is because I am tempted to do another WRE campaign. I am now thinking Suebi might be fun, or possibly Berbers, since I never really play in that area of the map.

What I have been really leaning towards was taking a horde faction, like Burgundii, and settle down in Babylon.

What's your favorite horde? What's your favorite geographical location? Also, who all has Berserkers?
    When Hiero returned to besiege their base (Messana) in 265 BC the Mamertines called for help from a nearby fleet from Carthage, which occupied the harbor of Messana. Seeing this, the Syracuse forces retired, not wishing to confront Carthaginian forces. Uncomfortable under the Cathaginian "protection," the Mamertines now appealed to Rome to be allowed into the protection of the Roman people. At first, the Romans did not wish to come to the aid of soldiers who had unjustly stolen a city from its rightful possessors. However, unwilling to see Carthaginian power spread further over Sicily and get too close to Italy, Rome responded by entering into an alliance with the Mamertines. In response, Syracuse allied itself with Carthage, imploring their protection. With Rome and Carthage brought into conflict, the Syracuse/Mamertine conflict escalated into the First Punic War.

To be honest it would be the Bulgars. They have some very interesting cavalry and infantry mix. Their econ is difficulty but their armies are cheap. In the 463 campaign its a very potential seeking campaign for the Bulgars. and they horde. The Germanic faction are more able to horde and the eastern hordes are Huns and Bulgars. Beserkers are more available to the germanic factions
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 22, 2014 at 09:43 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod