Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain" Confirmed for PC(Steam) in 2015 and Ground Zeroes For December 2014

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: "Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain" Confirmed for PC(Steam) in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    I never finished the first one. Because my god, did everyone have to give a 10 minute speech when they died?
    It's supposed to be "cinematic" and tongue in cheek. You take the fun with the camp, much like the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Never played one of these before, but I'm probably getting it. The stealth seems nice, as do the mechanics.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

A warning though, if you don't watch ALL the cutscenes or play ALL the previous games you won't understand .

Hell, you have to watch cutscenes from the PSP and Vita MG games to understand this.

If anything this is necessary to have at least some grasp to understand the plot in the MG V games.

MG - Snake Eater> MG - Portable Ops> MG - Peacekeeper

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    A warning though, if you don't watch ALL the cutscenes or play ALL the previous games you won't understand .

Hell, you have to watch cutscenes from the PSP and Vita MG games to understand this.

If anything this is necessary to have at least some grasp to understand the plot in the MG V games.

YES, calling boring the cutscenes is wrong, unlike other games, cutscenes on MGS have always been important to explain and clarify many things on the storyline/world off MGS

time to replay MGS3 and MGS4
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Never played one of these before, but I'm probably getting it. The stealth seems nice, as do the mechanics.
    That's an extremely bad idea, given how convoluted this series is. You really, really, need to play them in release order, starting off with MGS 1. Starting off a game series when each one in the series builds off the previous one on the sixth iteration (despite the MGS 5 name, since we must include Peacewalker in there) is nothing short of asking for yourself to be confused.

This isn't Elder Scrolls, Resident Evil, Call of Duty, Metroid, or Fallout, where you can just jump in whenever you want in the series.

Actually, you can take Portable Ops off the list. Kojima doesn't consider it canon at all.

Actually, you can take Portable Ops off the list. Kojima doesn't consider it canon at all.
    I don't get it why does he make such a big deal out of it, it kind of falls in the story nicely, and there were some super awesome moments there.

I don't get it why does he make such a big deal out of it, it kind of falls in the story nicely, and there were some super awesome moments there.
    Or rather, I should say that it's canon, but that Kojima has sidelined it to such an extent that it practically does not exist. Several reasons he didn't care for it was 1) he didn't make it, 2) there was no central theme to Portable Ops like there were for the others, and 3) it did not sell too well compared to the others.

God Now I regret so much the fact that I watched all the cutscenes from MGS GZ...
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...m-release-date

Default Re: "Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain" Confirmed for PC(Steam) in 2015 and Ground Zeroes For December 2014

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/13/me...firmed-for-pc/
    Oh God, I'll be getting a new Witcher and a new Metal Gear game in one year !!!

Goodbye real life...
    It's great news I can play the greatest series in gaming history, yes I love MGS too, but as far as I'm concerned MGS ended at MGS 3. MGS 4 was completely and utterly devoid of the previous games "feeling" and atmosphere, like an empty shell of an MGS game. The lack of codec conversations went a long to causing this tragedy.

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: "Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain" Confirmed for PC(Steam) in 2015 and Ground Zeroes For December 2014

I hope this is fully confirmed.

I have just placed an order for a new gaming PC for the likes of MGS5, GTA 5, AC UNITY, WITCHER 3, really hope i can play them all on ultra settings fingers crossed.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

GZ is demo which the publisher has monetized, I won't be supporting that. But MGS 5, I will get it no doubt, and I'm damn happy PC is starting to get love from japanese devs.

Altought, I hated MGS 4, it started strong, never got to that level again, and the ending was absolutelly insulting to anyone who played all the MGS games before. I do hope this one is better.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin_Hood View Post
    It's great news I can play the greatest series in gaming history, yes I love MGS too, but as far as I'm concerned MGS ended at MGS 3. MGS 4 was completely and utterly devoid of the previous games "feeling" and atmosphere, like an empty shell of an MGS game. The lack of codec conversations went a long to causing this tragedy.
    So I'm not only one in this world, who did not like MGS4, that is good to know Yeah, Snake eater is my favourite by far too.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; November 04, 2014 at 09:22 AM.

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

Guys do you think a gtx 750 TI would be enough for MGS5 because i have the money for a gtx 970 also that seems like a dam amazing graphics card but the gtx 750 TI comes with free stuff and is very cheap for great gaming performance from medium-high.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

I don't think anyone knows. There is no way knowing how good graphics options/optimization it has, not to mention different setups. Japanese-devs aren't known for good PC-ports, altought they have improved on that side latelly.

I think once GZ comes out, it will give direction what to expect from the actual game in this regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    I don't think anyone knows. There is no way knowing how good graphics options/optimization it has, not to mention different setups. Japanese-devs aren't known for good PC-ports, altought they have improved on that side latelly.

I think once GZ comes out, it will give direction what to expect from the actual game in this regards.
    Just to be safe, I'd heavily recommend getting a 360 controller or a PS4 controller adapted for USB use on the PC. You know how Japanese dev ports can be. I still have nightmares from trying to play Metal Gear Solid 2 and Resident Evil 4 as a PC port, using only a keyboard. God, that was so bad.

The Requirements are out, seems pretty reasonable to me.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ments-revealed
    Minimum Specifications:
    • Processor: Core i5 SandyBridge 4Core (4 Thread) 2.7GHz or above.
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM or above.
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 650 or above.
    • DirectX: Version 11 or above.

Recommended Specifications:

• Processor: Core i5 SandyBridge 4Core (4 Thread) 2.7GHz or above.
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM or above.
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 760 or above.
    • DirectX: Version 11 or above.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Yeah, that seems alright.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12