Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain" Confirmed for PC(Steam) in 2015 and Ground Zeroes For December 2014

Default "Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain" Confirmed for PC(Steam) in 2015 and Ground Zeroes For December 2014

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/13/me...firmed-for-pc/
    Oh God, I'll be getting a new Witcher and a new Metal Gear game in one year !!!

Goodbye real life...

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: "Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain" Confirmed for PC(Steam) in 2015

Sure, ten hour ingame cutscenes and five hour gameplay. These peasantry games should stay away from mighty PC.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

>Implying that there are not crap games for PC

I love the MGS series. Glad to see it come to the PC.

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Eofor's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    These peasantry games should stay away from mighty PC.
    Got a reason for this? A good reason, not just that you have your nose stuck up your PC's ass?
    Aelfwine, then, spoke out and valiantly declared: 'Let us call to mind those declarations we often uttered over mead, when from our seat we heroes in hall would put up pledges about tough fighting; now it can be proved who is brave. I am willing to make my lineage known to all, that I was from a substantial family in Mercia. My grandfather was called Ealhelm, a wise nobleman blessed with worldly wealth. The thanes among that people shall not reproach me for my wanting to get out of this army, to make my way home, now that my lord leader is lying hacked down in battle. To me that is the greatest grief: he was both my kinsman and my lord." Then he moved forward and turned his attention to revenge, so that with his spear he struck a seaman among the army so that he lay dead among the ground, destroyed by his weapon. Then he exhorted his comrades, his friends and companions, that they should advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eofor View Post
    Got a reason for this? A good reason, not just that you have your nose stuck up your PC's ass?
    Broken console ports (Dark Souls 1-2, Watch Dogs, GTA ing 4, Some RE games, Devil May Cry and believe me there are many more)
    Five minutes gameplay then half of an hour cutscene.
    Gameplay mechanism specifically adapted with gamepad so when you play with mouse+keyboard it feels so weird.

All i'm saying is that many peasantry exclusive games never should come to PC. I love MGS series but it doesn't look like a PC game.
    Last edited by gastovski; August 16, 2014 at 05:25 PM.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    Moderator Emeritus

Sure, ten hour ingame cutscenes and five hour gameplay. These peasantry games should stay away from mighty PC.
    Actually, Kojima himself stated that he had messed up focusing so much on cutscenes during development of earlier MGS games, with the worst being MGS4, and that further games in the series would be taking a decidedly 180 degree turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Actually, Kojima himself stated that he had messed up focusing so much on cutscenes during development of earlier MGS games, with the worst being MGS4, and that further games in the series would be taking a decidedly 180 degree turn.
    I might give a try if that's the case but time will tell. I stopped playing after MGS3 because of monumentally boring cutscenes.

Eofor's Avatar Domesticus

Broken console ports (Dark Souls 1-2, Watch Dogs, GTA ing 4, Some RE games, Devil May Cry and believe me there are many more)
    Not every console port is bad. Metal Gear Rising's port was excellent given that the developer had never released a game on PC before. It depends on how much time, money and effort the dev is willing to put into the port's quality.

This is entirely subjective. I personally dislike Metal Gear Solid games for this very reason but that's no reason why it shouldn't come out on PC for those who want it.

Gameplay mechanism specifically adapted with gamepad so when you play with mouse+keyboard it feels so weird.
    A) Buy a gamepad.
    B) Again, depends on the quality of the port.

I love MGS series but it doesn't look like a PC game.
    So what does a PC game look like?
    Aelfwine, then, spoke out and valiantly declared: 'Let us call to mind those declarations we often uttered over mead, when from our seat we heroes in hall would put up pledges about tough fighting; now it can be proved who is brave. I am willing to make my lineage known to all, that I was from a substantial family in Mercia. My grandfather was called Ealhelm, a wise nobleman blessed with worldly wealth. The thanes among that people shall not reproach me for my wanting to get out of this army, to make my way home, now that my lord leader is lying hacked down in battle. To me that is the greatest grief: he was both my kinsman and my lord." Then he moved forward and turned his attention to revenge, so that with his spear he struck a seaman among the army so that he lay dead among the ground, destroyed by his weapon. Then he exhorted his comrades, his friends and companions, that they should advance.

Apparently the early trailers of Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain were running on PC hardware to begin with. Great news for this to be on PC!

I still can't trust Japs and PC games. I'm sure it should be a damn fine game, if I can stomach Sutherland, but I don't see it working as functionally on PC.

This is good trend... lot of console games, even JRPGs - all coming to PC. I dont care if its a crappy port, lets just encourage this trend.

I still can't trust Japs and PC games. I'm sure it should be a damn fine game, if I can stomach Sutherland, but I don't see it working as functionally on PC.
    MGS Rising was a blast on PC, it's why Dark Souls made me angry in the first place.

I also don't mind cutscenes in Metal Gear, it's why I ing love the series. It's one of it's trademarks, Kojima simply loves storytelling.

I love MGS series but it doesn't look like a PC game.
    Whaat?

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

All i'm saying is that many peasantry exclusive games never should come to PC. I love MGS series but it doesn't look like a PC game.
    Then don't play it. There is literally nothing making you play this game, or the other games that you are exaggerating about.

Don't blame the main part of the development team for the porting team's faults.

Besides, controllers are made for gaming. Keyboard and mouse was never designed with gaming in mind. Use a controller.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Besides, controllers are made for gaming. Keyboard and mouse was never designed with gaming in mind. Use a controller.
    Yet so many games work better with m+k or good enough. Controllers are best for fighting games, hack&slash, sports and few other exceptions here and there. Based on Metal Gear gameplay so far, I really don't see a controller as necessary we had a gazillion of stealth games on PC that work great.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Yet so many games work better with m+k or good enough. Controllers are best for fighting games, hack&slash, sports and few other exceptions here and there. Based on Metal Gear gameplay so far, I really don't see a controller as necessary we had a gazillion of stealth games on PC that work great.
    I won't lie about that...Mouse and keyboard + FPS go well together (though I find it boring and too easy).

But games with driving? Forget it. I can't stand driving in any game with a keyboard and mouse.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

[But games with driving? Forget it. I can't stand driving in any game with a keyboard and mouse.
    Probably yes, but then again games with driving are most fun with an steering wheel
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; August 19, 2014 at 10:58 AM.

The stick controls are pretty handy for gradual slow-fast movement, which is nice in a stealth game.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    Moderator Emeritus

I'll probably end up getting a Playstation USB controller for this game. I still remember how terrible the MGS2 PC port controls were.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I never finished the first one. Because my god, did everyone have to give a 10 minute speech when they died?

Hey monologues are a vital part of psychological warfare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast