Thread: New DLC Units

Default New DLC Units

Hi mate, you will need to update the mod to include the new DLC units if you can. Really enjoying myself for the first time in this game for ages and I hope to see you continue the good work. Cheers Grund.

Default Re: New DLC Units

I went through and attempted to rebalance the units, but they're fairly close to STIM's stats, so playing it now isn't too much of a problem. All the new units are in game with the mod right now I think.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Haven't had a chance to look at them yet, but this is a really small update if I'm not mistaken. Shouldn't take me too long to make sure everything is optimized with the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    Haven't had a chance to look at them yet, but this is a really small update if I'm not mistaken. Shouldn't take me too long to make sure everything is optimized with the mod.
    I am playing a Suebi campaign ATM and I am not sure if you have them tied to building_units_allowed tables as I checked the DB and you are about a total of 200 entries short compared to the Rome2_data. I have a blacksmith yet cant recruit 'round shields' for example. I can personally tweak the main files to add your stats and entries in but because of my limited knowledge I am a little afraid to change the actual Rome2_data (even though I made a backup). Thanks for the quick reply though Silven, greatly appreciated.

Grundhelm, you could make a new pack with just the building units allowed table, or rename and minimize the table in the STIM pack. I'm not sure what all he changed but it seems pretty close to vanilla. You might also try just deleting it in the STIM pack and thereby using the vanilla table which should allow the units in campaign.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Grundhelm View Post
    I am playing a Suebi campaign ATM and I am not sure if you have them tied to building_units_allowed tables as I checked the DB and you are about a total of 200 entries short compared to the Rome2_data. I have a blacksmith yet cant recruit 'round shields' for example. I can personally tweak the main files to add your stats and entries in but because of my limited knowledge I am a little afraid to change the actual Rome2_data (even though I made a backup). Thanks for the quick reply though Silven, greatly appreciated.
    Yes, as I mentioned the mod hasn't been updated to include the new units yet. So of course they aren't in the old table.

I'm working on adding everything that the Daughters of Mars addition introduced right now as I type this. It's going to take longer than I initially thought though. New units always take longer to implement because even 1 new unit touches so many different tables. And this new FLC/DLC adds 12 new units. It also makes some other undocumented changes unrelated to new units.

I wouldn't recommend renaming or removing my building_units_allowed table, for the very reason that its not a fragmented table. It removes and shuffles around a lot of entries that placed unit unlock orders all over the place for barbarians and removing it would place all those units in nonsensical orders again, and the only way to remove something and make the mod apply it in game is to use unfragmented tables. Renaming it to act as a fragment would cause double unlocks and potentially make units appear twice in the recruitment UI. Not to mention all those other tables I mentioned that touch on unit behaviors. I.e, you'd see the new units with special abilities again, recruitment and upkeep costs that don't match the rest of the mod, attack, defense, morale stats that are unbalanced, etc etc. It's best to either just wait for STIM to be updated, or continue playing the current release without the new units for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    Yes, as I mentioned the mod hasn't been updated to include the new units yet. So of course they aren't in the old table.

I'm working on adding everything that the Daughters of Mars addition introduced right now as I type this. It's going to take longer than I initially thought though. New units always take longer to implement because even 1 new unit touches so many different tables. And this new FLC/DLC adds 12 new units. It also makes some other undocumented changes unrelated to new units.

I wouldn't recommend renaming or removing my building_units_allowed table, for the very reason that its not a fragmented table. It removes and shuffles around a lot of entries that placed unit unlock orders all over the place for barbarians and removing it would place all those units in nonsensical orders again, and the only way to remove something and make the mod apply it in game is to use unfragmented tables. Renaming it to act as a fragment would cause double unlocks and potentially make units appear twice in the recruitment UI. Not to mention all those other tables I mentioned that touch on unit behaviors. I.e, you'd see the new units with special abilities again, recruitment and upkeep costs that don't match the rest of the mod, attack, defense, morale stats that are unbalanced, etc etc. It's best to either just wait for STIM to be updated, or continue playing the current release without the new units for now.
    Thanks for the reply Silven, I will continue to play with the current version of the mod as I know you have made alot of changes within the tables. Thanks for the timely reply and here is hoping it doesnt take too long haha. Thanks again, this is the best campaign I have had to date without question.

Meh, I just deleted it and rebalanced the new units myself. But what did you change in that table Silven? Just where units unlock in the same tree?

I've been thinking about going through and adding basic sword/spear/cav units to the main city and town buildings because one region minor factions just recruit full stacks of super crap which is a little immersion breaking for me. That would be a big project though.

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack1348 View Post
    Meh, I just deleted it and rebalanced the new units myself. But what did you change in that table Silven? Just where units unlock in the same tree?

I've been thinking about going through and adding basic sword/spear/cav units to the main city and town buildings because one region minor factions just recruit full stacks of super crap which is a little immersion breaking for me. That would be a big project though.
    I will give you an example from my current Suebi campaign, the Sword masters are Tier 4 Ironworks in the STIM mod, which is different from the tier 3 Ironworks of Vanilla. Tier 3 Ironworks instead has Sword and Spear Hunters. Also instead of Wodanaz Spears being linked to Shrine of Wodonaz they are actually from the Bronzeworks Tier 4 building, along with Bezerkers. Changes like this are really good as each Tier upgrade gives you a more powerful unit to add to your army and having to manage your settlements in finer detail is important to as you need to allow for a Tier 4 building (-10 squalor) so not every province can specialize in everything. I am assuming the Tiered system has also been implemented for the other Factions aswell and I personally like these changes alot, it gives a good feeling of timing and progression through ALL of the research tree.

Yeah, I'd just assume keep them. After I thought about it, I'm pretty sure I kept STIM's table and added all my mods to that. I'll have to check to be sure the new units are recruitable. All the ones I added myself are.