Thread: Conversion rate?

Default Conversion rate?

Hi. I'm currently running CK2 patch 2.1, running all dlcs other than sunset invasion. I've used a retinue of about 25k to spearhead assaults and conquered large swathes of territory in 300 years, I'm currently in the 11th century, and I'm having trouble with the rebellions. It's more of a nuisance than a actual threat, since I have to chase them around the map with my slower army. One of the first places I conquered was Abyssinia, and I've yet to convert all of it. only about 4 regions remain, though.
    That leaves me with most of Turkey and Greece, Indian, eastern Persia, France and Italy to convert. And I tried handing the regions out so my vassals convert them, as well, but it isn't working. All my court imams have had skills of over 20, my own moral authority is 100. And it's still taking about ~20 years to convert a region. So here's my question. Can I change values in the game files that speeds up the game's conversion rate, perhaps the MTTH? Thank you.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Conversion rate?

There is no conversion rate, only the chance of a region being converted. Besides, it is ridiculously easy to convert regions in vanilla.

It's been almost 200 years and half of Anatolia is still orthodox. Is there a way to increase the chance?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Trueman. View Post
    It's been almost 200 years and half of Anatolia is still orthodox. Is there a way to increase the chance?
    Yes, but you really shouldn't. You have already conquered most of the world. If you remove all the challenge, the it just won't be fun to play anymore.

It's not even a challenge anymore, just a nuisance. I have to chase them around. Plus, I still have to prepare for the oncoming Mongol invasion. Having rebelling 4 rebellions every month isn't helping. Anyway, I didn't start the thread to discuss how much fun I'm having, I'm sure I'll have plenty of fun watching all of my regions convert.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Increase moral authority and your relationship with your court chaplain. Focus on areas which border provinces of your religion. Proselytize in areas under vassal control.

I already know that, bud. >_> That still gives me ~15% chance to change their religion. I just want to hype it up to 50% by modding the game. It's getting frustrating.