Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petition Give Black people shoes!!

Libertus

Default Petition Give Black people shoes!!

Hi i wanted to see if we can get CA to add shoes to the afro skin units in game or at least add a afro skin that has shoes in the tool kit.
    None of the units with afro skins have shoes and i find it odd it also makes modding with them restricted when you want them to be a unit mixed with other ethnicity So please Sign or just +. I made this on steam but people their tend to not be very civilized so im moving it here where the more educated community hangs.

Default Re: Petition Give Black people shoes!!

Petition signed. Give 'em Nike Air Force 1s.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

sure, why not, I m no racist...

Not sure there's anything particularly racist about it. My wife's Kenyan, and even to this day, whenever I go over there, a fair few people are walking around barefoot in the countryside and around the back streets. That said, from a modding point of view, it's always good to have options.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Agreed. I'd really love to see it as part of a Red Sea faction pack with Meroe, Axum, and Saba one day. It would be loads of fun building an empire in that part of the world and to give Egypt hell. I would also like to see the Nubian pyramids added as wonders to the game.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

What gets me in a lot of games, is black people are always represented with black palms. Black people have white (pink) palms and bottoms of the foot! Oblivion and FO3 make this mistake over and over again. Imagine white people with black palms. kinda shows that many Devs and people have actually never met a black person except as a cursory glance.

Annoying, but you don't see black people whine about it.

Now Farcry 2 Devs have the black character with white palms, one of the few times I've seen black people depicted correctly.

Put sneakers on em.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Agreed. I'd really love to see it as part of a Red Sea faction pack with Meroe, Axum, and Saba one day. It would be loads of fun building an empire in that part of the world and to give Egypt hell. I would also like to see the Nubian pyramids added as wonders to the game.
    Why? Mods do that already, and for free

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Question: If I sign this petition, can I write it off as charity for tax purposes?
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Only if they take the sandles off the Spartan skin

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Shoes are bad for you. Africans know this because they're smarter.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I believe the trend of those times was in sandals. If I also recall, in ETW, Indian sepoy infantry also run barefoot all over India.

Anyway, signed. Although I don't see what this would do.

Maybe give them something a little more classy, like Birkenstocks...

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

No, no shoes! Then its, can we learn how to read, then its we want rights!
    Madness i tell you, MADNESS.
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

Yea and give white people guns.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    What gets me in a lot of games, is black people are always represented with black palms. Black people have white (pink) palms and bottoms of the foot! Oblivion and FO3 make this mistake over and over again. Imagine white people with black palms. kinda shows that many Devs and people have actually never met a black person except as a cursory glance.

Annoying, but you don't see black people whine about it.

Now Farcry 2 Devs have the black character with white palms, one of the few times I've seen black people depicted correctly.
    WRONG!

Yes, definitely! Equal rights and all that stuff, all over the place... in a video game... about war... and conquering ... and enslaving people... and murdering them... but only occasionally.

ANYWAYS! Shoes for everyone

I remember killing white people in Africa in Far cry 2. God forbid we accurately represents something, because of modern Political correctness. Actually that is why i bought to begin with #Hasblackfriends
    Last edited by DeliCiousTZM; August 16, 2014 at 02:33 PM.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

wonder if this is the camoflaged reincarnation of the "CA you've got the sandals wrong" thread. And yes, they are still wrong. And now: How naive can we be to start a petition about shoes for "black" units? Please, are you hipsters my fellows? How realistic is this to happen, at all?
    Last edited by alQamar; August 16, 2014 at 04:41 PM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmill View Post
    Hi i wanted to see if we can get CA to add shoes to the afro skin units in game or at least add a afro skin that has shoes in the tool kit.
    None of the units with afro skins have shoes and i find it odd it also makes modding with them restricted when you want them to be a unit mixed with other ethnicity So please Sign or just +. I made this on steam but people their tend to not be very civilized so im moving it here where the more educated community hangs.
    I'd be more concerned with the fact that all afro units are CRAP. I'm no expert in the matter but it's possible that them not having shoes is one of the few things CA got historically accurate. You don't want to annoy the history nerds with a-historical unit skins. Actually, I would like to annoy them.
    Medieval 2 Total War Blitz Record with the Turks - 14 turns!
    Medieval 2 Total War Peasant Campaign Challenge with Egypt - 112 regions - 27 turns to spare!
    Next challenge : Total War: Shogun 2 - Ikko Ikki Legendary Campaign - No agents, temples, loan swords.
    Like me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Legend-of-Total-War/345399385581266
    Check me out on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/LegendofTotalWar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast