Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tedster's Submod :) + trait balancing

Default Re: Tedster's Submod :) + trait balancing

Her you go, this is an unedited version of the historic events file. It should work fine after having things added to it.

historic_events.txt

@ tedster1995.
    What about useing this idea just like how you did the Twinrova, And Demise Idea?

Quote Originally Posted by InulovesKags View Post
    Really? Drats, oh well so much for that. I'm just wondering though, if you lose a faction leader like say for instance Zelda the 1st for Kingdom of Hyrule, when does Zelda the 2nd take the reins of leadership or are you supposed to wait for some kind of message to say that Zelda the 1st gave birth to Zelda the 2nd and then wait for her to come of age?

Its sort of already in the game already, its scripted so that every zelda dies when thay are about 70 so there is never more then 2 or 3 zeldas at a time.

In terms of v 2.0 id say its about 90% done im just fixing a bug or two, does anybody know how to get rid of the tarm building for everyone deal, other than that id say i could possibly release at around monday at the latest

Quote Originally Posted by tedster1995 View Post
    Its sort of already in the game already, its scripted so that every zelda dies when thay are about 70 so there is never more then 2 or 3 zeldas at a time.

In terms of v 2.0 id say its about 90% done im just fixing a bug or two, does anybody know how to get rid of the tarm building for everyone deal, other than that id say i could possibly release at around monday at the latest
    This should work. I think the foundation's upgrades are in a similar boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMark9 View Post
    1: Tarm Foundation
    - This was an error on my part when copy & pasting the code. This will be fixed in the next CP, but if you wish to fix it yourself...
    A: Go to export_desc_buildings.txt.
    B: Search for fai_tarmfound.
    C: Add a space between the "}" and "and building_present... for each level. It should look like the following:
    Code:
    fai_foundation requires factions { fairy, } and   building_present_min_level hinterland_issettlement  issettlement_4

Thank you ElFonz0

So here we go again it's that time, a little earlier then scheduled but V2.0 is ready for download. Here is whats included:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Bongo Event- In the Sheikah campaign you will now be offered to join Bongo and her interlopers, with different outcomes based on your response.
    Yaraxonal or Vaati choice- At the start of the Darknut campaign you will be asked if you want to have Yaraxonal or Vaati as your advisor, which will affect your relations with nearby factions.
    Volvagian alliance- after the gerudo or lizalfos gain a certain number of settlements an event will pop up telling them that the Volvagians have joined them, Dakkon will also join as a hero unit.
    Demise change- Demise will now start off in his Imprisoned form, but after getting killed he will turn into his humanish form.
    Dethl appears- Dethl will join the stalfos at around turn 30 so long as they have Kakariko under their control.
    Capital and temple garrisons- when a captal or temple are under siege a unit will spawn for that faction in a similar fashion as the triforce vanguard, a list of which can be seen in previous posts.

building file differences:
    -several factions can now recruit spies and assassins in bars/taverns, the Sheikah can recruit there actual unit versions as well
    -if the sheikah say yes to the bongo event then they will be able to recruit the units, they wouldn't be able to in death stance.
    -Labbrynna now have a building that boosts their "religion", called the museum of technology, they can also recruit a priest now as well. thanks to eldren for that one.
    -fixed the bug that causes the tarm foundation to be buildable by everyone
    -fixed a problem where certain factions couldn't build markets

other changes:
    -Events now happen, so you know what is going on
    -Prince Zant now becomes King Zant upon winning the Civil War
    -Olg now starts as a hero unit for Zant
    -The Sheikah can now go into death stance without crashing the game, but they won't get Kakariko
    -The Sheikah can now build Goddess Cathedrals
    -may be one or two things I missed but I think that is everything

This version also has everything that was in V1.0.

So there we go V2.0 id love to hear your opinions on it (especially the Yaraxonal event, I'm not 100% happy with it) , and any suggestions on any other things I could add to this submod, and of course I hope you enjoy it as well

Again to install just go to the mod folder, and copy and paste the Hyrule folder within the file below, and allow it to make it's changes
    Tedster's submod v2.0.rar

you could do a link the hero event, idea comes from a talk I had with someone on these forums, basic when a faction lost the capital a general by the name of link appears with an small army to fight like with the garrison idea, and the general levels of exp and armor are at their highest making it a challenge.

you could also have it to where if the factions religion is high enough then they get the general with the best units of that faction.
    Last edited by starwars90001; September 07, 2014 at 06:27 AM.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Has anybody fixed General Onox's spawn yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Has anybody fixed General Onox's spawn yet?
    If you mean the Stalfos Onox then he needs to be added from scratch, I haven't been able to find anything about him in the script apart from an event which doesn't exist.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

The Twili one.

Yea he should be working okay, in this submod at least he should be.

Unfortunately, it seems the Sheikah still crash if they control Kakariko. I conquered Kakariko with Bongo and the game crashed.

I barely got to use Olg because the other Shadow Bloat incinerated him the second the battle ended. >.<

I would say push the Bongo event back a few turns

There is a new Community Patch. Found here....
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post14078865

@ tedster1995.
    Is "Tedster's submod v2.0.rar" compatible with the new Community Patch?
    If not, you may want to incorperate any thing new from the Community Patch in to your mod.

That really is odd, I get kakariko fine, one thing I did find is that it tends to crash if there a lot of Hylian soldiers around, so I would try using Agahnim or azrily to block the bridge or something, to stop them, maybe even build a fort or something, that is what worked for me, or just go round and take them out one at a time.

when you say set back do you mean like turn 0 or like turn 10?

and no it isn't compatible with the new patch I'm afraid, I'm probably incorporate it into V3.0, most of it is in this version anyway apart from the lumber mill.

That really is odd, I get kakariko fine, one thing I did find is that it tends to crash if there a lot of Hylian soldiers around, so I would try using Agahnim or azrily to block the bridge or something, to stop them, maybe even build a fort or something, that is what worked for me, or just go round and take them out one at a time.

when you say set back do you mean like turn 0 or like turn 10?

and no it isn't compatible with the new patch I'm afraid, I'm probably incorporate it into V3.0, most of it is in this version anyway apart from the lumber mill.
    I've always seemed to have issues with the Sheikah controlling Kakariko.

Yeah, delaying the event. I'd say around the time other important members of the Rise of Ganon(so Ogalon) spawn. Right now, it feels like you're presented with the option before you have a good chance to make a mark on the world. Specifically, it feels like you don't have a chance to really do anything before you're asked to change the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by El Fonz0 View Post
    I've always seemed to have issues with the Sheikah controlling Kakariko.

Yeah, delaying the event. I'd say around the time other important members of the Rise of Ganon(so Ogalon) spawn. Right now, it feels like you're presented with the option before you have a good chance to make a mark on the world. Specifically, it feels like you don't have a chance to really do anything before you're asked to change the status quo.
    Hmmmm, maybe ill do a patch where bongo sieges Hylia Marine instead, that's more true to the story as well. Maybe that will fix it for everyone then. And if I push the event back to say turn 30 would that be better?

plus I just noticed that the Tarm foundation is still there , I'm surprised at how I missed that, so another patch would be best i feel.

Hmmmm, maybe ill do a patch where bongo sieges Hylia Marine instead, that's more true to the story as well. Maybe that will fix it for everyone then. And if I push the event back to say turn 30 would that be better?

plus I just noticed that the Tarm foundation is still there , I'm surprised at how I missed that, so another patch would be best i feel.
    Though, that still wouldn't fix the issue where the Sheikah can't control Kakariko. It might be tied to the Shadow Temple, as trying to get it's information results in a crash.

Maybe...

For the timing, it was more of a suggestion, though turn 30 would work just fine, if you decided to change it.

Question, any particular reason why the Darknuts and Fairies have priests?

AHA! I KNEW IT!

The source of the Kakariko crash is the Skull Knights. When given the requirements of at least the Wizard Tower, Kakariko crashes under Sheikah control, and causes a crash when the Shadow Temple info is viewed.
    Last edited by El Fonz0; September 07, 2014 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Fonz0 View Post
    Though, that still wouldn't fix the issue where the Sheikah can't control Kakariko. It might be tied to the Shadow Temple, as trying to get it's information results in a crash.

Maybe...

For the timing, it was more of a suggestion, though turn 30 would work just fine, if you decided to change it.

Question, any particular reason why the Darknuts and Fairies have priests?

AHA! I KNEW IT!

The source of the Kakariko crash is the Skull Knights. When given the requirements of at least the Wizard Tower, Kakariko crashes under Sheikah control, and causes a crash when the Shadow Temple info is viewed.
    Great Scot!!! So after you removed the requirement Kakariko went to the Sheikah no problem?

as for the priests, well they both have these sort of "gods" (Tarm and Zalunbar) amongst them in their armies so I figured especially in the fairies case they would want to spread the worship of these gods to get more power. Not to mention that both the fairies and the Darknuts have smaller races that worship them as gods (Fokka, Tarminians). Plus the Darknut priests will play a slightly more important role in the second version of the yaraxonal event

Great Scot!!! So after you removed the requirement Kakariko went to the Sheikah no problem?

as for the priests, well they both have these sort of "gods" (Tarm and Zalunbar) amongst them in their armies so I figured especially in the fairies case they would want to spread the worship of these gods to get more power. Not to mention that both the fairies and the Darknuts have smaller races that worship them as gods (Fokka, Tarminians). Plus the Darknut priests will play a slightly more important role in the second version of the yaraxonal event
    Yep. The Sheikah can now control Kakariko no problem. There is then the issue of the Skull Knights being available immediately after taking Kakariko.

That makes sense. The Darknuts and the Fairies are the only Lesser Diety factions I can see wanting to spread their faith, as they're either civilized or fairly benevolent. As opposed to worshipping a demon(Moblins-Demise, River Zora-Bellum), a war pantheon(Lizalfos-Pantheon), mask warrior man(Deku-Odolwa, plus would have to make a Deku priest model), other races(Zuna-Darknut, Horonians-Fairies), or unrevealed/misc(Tokay, Subrosian), and I'm sure those races wouldn't want/care to spread their religion.

Also, once again, I took a look at any possible heroes/events that would be coming soon, and I noticed that you added Fi, Ghirahim, and Jelyf as heroes, and some event text related to the Una Prison event and Vaati changing.

How are you going to implement Fi, Ghirahim, and Jelyf? Do they all have models in-game?
    Last edited by El Fonz0; September 07, 2014 at 07:49 PM.

Awsome Ill make a patch in a few days to fix that.

Okay so with jelyf she is there basically on a hope and a prare that she will appear to some degree in the next Historia mission, as I do not know any 3D modelling program's I currently cannot make one myself, so there is a very high chance that Jelyf won't appear, the same sort of goes with Vaati changing form, as I'm hoping his demon form will appear in a later Historia mission as well. If jelyf isn't in the Historia mission I have a back-up plan for that anyways.

As for Fi and Ghirahim, I'm a little bit gutted about this, I made them with the hope of connecting them with a Link event, but I looked in the descr_units file and there data is gone. Unless that was wiped in a community patch or not I don't know, but I'm looking in the older versions to see if I can get them back.

The Una event is nothing special, just in place mainly to correspond with the Historia really, Zant gets Elmenzhia and he imprisons her in Valran. Impa Midna returns to the Twilight Realm and frees Una after she recaptures Valaran, that sort of thing.

With or without these new Heroes I'm planning on 4 events that I think may be the last ones I add for a while. All I will say about them is that 2 involve Midna, one involves Link and the other is a sort of treasure hunt
    Last edited by tedster1995; September 07, 2014 at 08:34 PM.

Here is a patch that will fix several problems with the latest version. Plus I have added in most of the new features from the latest community patch, plus a few extras as well.

Changes and fixes
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - Death Stance now works as it should, the Sheikah will take Kakariko upon entering death stance (Thanks to Elfonz0 for finding the fix)
    -The Bongo event has been pushed back to turn 15 to give the player a chance to do more as the Sheikah
    -The Kokiri can now recruit spies from milk bars
    -The Lizalfos can recruit assassins from their sacrificial temple
    -Fixed the texture glitch for the Horon Maku Tree

So there you have it, it will probably be a while till I release version 3 what with college and work now taking up most of my time, but i'm hoping to get it finished by the end of September.

To install the patch just go into the mods folder of medieval total war 2 and just place in the file below. NOTE you must have already installed V2.0 for this to work correctly.

Version 3 patch.rar