Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tedster's Submod :) + trait balancing

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Tedster's Submod :) + trait balancing

I think Labrynna needs a 'priest' the most. Do they still not have a religious building?

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    I think Labrynna needs a 'priest' the most. Do they still not have a religious building?
    Why not just use the Schools I posted a while back.
    You can find them here Faction - Labrynna Regime. On the 6th page.

Of course adding them to the mod, instead of having people add it separately is not a bad idea.
    For their Priest. Becasue we can make them come from Schools.
    We can call them some thing like this. Teachers, Professors, or Scholars.
    Last edited by Eldren; August 25, 2014 at 10:02 AM.

I may just do that, but I prefer them to have Scientist's spreading Labrynnian technological ideology. Recruit able from a laboratory maybe?

With regards to other things I may be on the verge of finding out why the event editing breaks the game, It turns out that there are several events in the .bin file that aren't in the .txt file, which I believe may be the cause for why it doesn't work. I must also ask is anybody encountering any bugs or glitches (including the twinrova one) so I can iron them out in the next release.

You were right. My Twinrova issues were caused by me installing it incorrectly. As far as I can tell, there are no issues with the events.

I hope you can figure it out. What I'm waiting for the most if the Bongo event. I'll finally be able to play the Sheikah without getting the stance change message every turn. Would also make it more convenient for hotseat campaigns so my friends don't get the message on their turn.

Quote Originally Posted by El Fonz0 View Post
    You were right. My Twinrova issues were caused by me installing it incorrectly. As far as I can tell, there are no issues with the events.

I hope you can figure it out. What I'm waiting for the most if the Bongo event. I'll finally be able to play the Sheikah without getting the stance change message every turn. Would also make it more convenient for hotseat campaigns so my friends don't get the message on their turn.
    Well that's good to hear

On another note does anybody know how to translate a .bin file or does anybody have the ability to?

Quote Originally Posted by tedster1995 View Post
    Well that's good to hear

On another note does anybody know how to translate a .bin file or does anybody have the ability to?
    I found this link: http://www.ehow.com/how_6895904_conv...-file-txt.html

@ tedster1995.

In case you didn't see my previous post. I'm re-posting it here. What do you think of this idea?

@
    tedster1995

So here is an idea for your mod and HTW as well.
    There are several faction with Militia and natural Defenses. It would be Awesome and great to Incorporate them in to a greater Role.
    So the Idea is some factions spawn militia and Defensive Emplacement when one of their settlements are attacked. This has conditions though, and it varies for each faction.

An example of this already exists.
    When Hyrule Controls Hyrule Prime. And Some one attacks it, 1 unit of Triforce Vanguards spawn to help defend the City. But the Triforce Vanguards that spawned for the Battle vanishes after the battle.
    I want to expand on this feature to include in HTW all the things like it. It is a Logical strategy for any sentient Race. One that any real person would use.

So here is my Idea in detail...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

For Hyrule:
    1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1 Town Guard unit for the battle.
    2) If Hyrule Prime is attack while under the control of Hyrule. Spawn 1 unit of Triforce Vanguards for the battle.
    Notes: Read Town Guards. ReadTriforce Vanguards.

For Faries:
    2 options for #1
    1a) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1 Phantoms of Tarm unit for the battle.
    1b) If one of the Core settlement of Tarm is attacked and it belongs to the Faries. Spawn 1 Phantoms of Tarm unit for the battle.
    2) If a Settlement of the Faries is big enough(Like large town or some thing), And is attacked by an enemy, Spawn 1 Perception Ward units for the battle.
    Notes: Read Phantoms of Tarm. Read Perception Ward from Faction - Fairies of Tarm.

For Gohma:
    1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1-3 Gohma Larva units for the battle.
    2) If a Settlement of the Gohma is big enough(Like large town or some thing), And is attacked by an enemy, Spawn 1 Trap Door Gohma units for the battle.
    Notes: The Gohma Are Nummberis and are all Top Preditors who can fight. Read Gohma. Read Gohma Larva. Read Trap Door Gohma on Faction - Gohma.

For The Twili:

1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1 Shadow Insect unit for the battle.
    Notes: Because this unit is kept as Pets by the Twlili people. It is reasonable to assume that the Locals would use them to defend them selves, just like guard dogs. ReadShadow Insects

For The WizRobes:
    1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1 Acolytes unit for the battle.
    Notes: Because Acolytes flock to the Wizrobe, And are willing to do any thing for them. It is not unreasonable to Assume that they would be found in any Wizrobe Settlement. Doing manual laber and what ever is needed of them, Which includes Defending the Wizrobe's Churches from Thieves and Raiders.
    Read Acolytes.

For The Moblins:
    1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1 Random non-artillery Moblin unit for the battle.
    Notes: Moblins are blood thirsty brutes and are always eager for a fight. There for it is reasonable to Assume that any local Blins in the area would go on the Attack, rether than Hide or run away. Read Moblins.

For The Labrynna Regime:
    1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1 Homeguard unit for the battle.
    2) If a Settlement of Labrynna is big enough(Like large town or some thing), And is attacked by an enemy, Spawn 1 Gunner Post unit for the battle.
    Notes: Read Homeguards. Read Gunner Post from Faction - Labrynna Regime.

For The Deku Tribes:
    1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1-3 Deku Baba Patch units for the battle.
    Notes: Read Deku Baba Patch from Faction - The Deku Tribes.

For The Stalfos:
    1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1-2 Stalfos units for the battle.Acording to the native Popalation.
    Notes: Stalfos have no problem Killing the Locals(Troublesome or not) and adding them to their ranks at any time. Also Stalfos are know for looting Graves and reanimating the dead. ReadStalfos.

For the Sheika:
    Passibly spawn Soldiers of Agahnim while in Death Stance. If one of their Settlements are under attack.
    Notes: Read Soldiers of Agahnim.

For the Gerudo:
    Unknown.

For Ikona:
    1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1-3 units of The Drafted for the battle.
    Notes: All of Ikona's Civilians are Fighters and they are not skared of dieing. readThe Drafted.

For The Kokiri:
    1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1 Minutemen unit for the battle.
    2) If a Settlement of the Kokiri is big enough(Like large town or some thing), And is attacked by an enemy, Spawn 1 Barricade unit for the battle.
    Notes: ReadMinutemen. Read Barricades from Faction - Kokiri.

For the River Zora:
    I don't think the River Zora would use Militia, Defensive tatics or even try to hold a settlement that they have raided.

The Darknuts:
    Not Sure.... May spawn 1 unit of young Initiates, that are eager to fight but are still to young to formaly join the Darknut Legoin.
    Notes: The Darknuts are a powerful race that gain honor and glory through combat. Read Darknut Legion. Read Initiates.

For The Zora:
    1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1 Zora Blademaster unit for the battle.
    2) If a Settlement of the Zora is big enough(Like large town or some thing), And is attacked by an enemy, Spawn 1 Mage Spire unit for the battle.
    Notes: The Desiples of the Local Blademaster Dojo(whether Civilian or not) are eager fighters and willing to Defend their homes, Instead of running or Hiding.
    Read Zora Blademasters. Read Mage Spire from Faction - Zora Dominion.

For the Gorons:
    1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1 Guardian unit for the battle.
    2) If a Settlement of the Gorons is big enough(Like large town or some thing), And is attacked by an enemy, Spawn 1 Bomb Platform unit for the battle.
    Notes:Gorons(whether Civilian or not) are eager fighters and willing to Defend their homes, instead of running or Hiding.
    ReadGorons. ReadGuardians. Read Bomb Platform from Faction - Gorons.

For Ordona:
    1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1 Ordonian Farmer unit for the battle.
    2) Maybe, Maybe not. If a Settlement of Ordona is big enough(Like vilige or some thing), And is attacked by an enemy, Spawn 1 Shepherd Flock unit for the battle.(May require the Farm Building.)
    3) If a Settlement of Ordona is big enough(Like Town or some thing), And is attacked by an enemy, Spawn 1 Ordonian Militiamen unit for the battle.
    Notes: Read Ordonian Farmers. Read Shepherd Flock. Read Ordonian Militiamen.

For The Lizalfos:
    1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1 River-Runner unit for the battle.
    Notes: Lizalfos(whether Civilian or not) are eager fighters and Skilled Preditors Who are willing to Defend their homes or attack any intruder.
    Read Lizalfos. Read River-Runners.

For Lanayru Province:
    1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1 Conscripts unit for the battle.
    Notes: ReadConscripts.

The Horonians:
    1) If any settlement of theirs is attacked, Spawn 1 Horon Soldier unit for the battle.
    Notes: ReadHoron Soldiers.

So that's all for now.

Yea i di see your posrlt eldren, i do like the idea but thats a lot of coding, so i may just start with the capital cities and go on from there, i also had an idea of some zora units spawning in hylia marine even if the hylians control it

Yea i di see your posrlt eldren, i do like the idea but thats a lot of coding, so i may just start with the capital cities and go on from there, i also had an idea of some zora units spawning in hylia marine even if the hylians control it
    Zice idea about the Zora at Hylia Marine.

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is I cannot for the life of me get these new events to work, if there is somebody out there who knows this better than I do or has managed to do it without breaking the game, then please tell me this has annoyed me like nothing else. The good news is that I will release a new version, it will have some new features, but it won't feature the bongo or yaraxonal events, because they cannot work without events. These new features are as follows:

Volvagian alliance
    So the idea is if you play as the Lizalfos or Gerudo and you capture around 15/16 settlements, then the volvagia ns will join you, this means that Volvagian units can be recruited from your capital city and Dakkon will join you as a general.

Dethl appears
    Quite a simple one really, around 30 turns into the campaign, as long as the stalfos own kakariko, then Dethl will appear as a general for your army, you will then also be able to recruit devoured from the shadow Temple

Temple & Capital garrisons
    This is sort of adapted from a good idea by @Eldren, so the idea is if a faction attacks say Domain Prime, then a unit or two of Domain Supremes will spawn to help fend them off. The same goes for every capital, I choose to have elitist units because I thought that it should be more of a challenge, as for the temples the same idea applies except it will be the "temple specific units" that spawn e.g. Bronze knuckles in the spirit temple that sort of thing. If people want a list of the units I'm planning then please ask away ill be happy to do it.

Demise changes form
    In response to a request by @Elfonz, Demise will start out in his monster form and after he is killed he will change to his "human" form, the same sort of principle as the Twinrova fusion.

Also a few additions to the building file, and iron out a few issues. Any thoughts at all?

are the files ready and what new additions.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Which files do you mean the building file or the event file?

What units do you plan for the temples?

What units do you plan for the temples?
    Mmmmm slight issue with that , there is a rather annoying little detail in this system, where simply removing one or two units is not possible, e.g. In the fire temple I wanted a unit of ruby guard, now the problem with doing the garrison in the same way as the vanguard, would mean that every single ruby guard unit would vanish at the end of every turn, making them a completely useless unit. So there are two options here:
    1- when a settlement comes under siege the unit spawns and it becomes a permanent addition, so it won't disappear after the siege is lifted
    2- I use defensive units (gunner posts, bomb platforms etc.) and only use them for those specific factions.

what would people prefer?

As for what units i want to spawn at temples
    Shadow Temple- Skull knights (Sheikah), Truthbeares (Hyrule)
    Fire Temple- Ruby Guard (Goron)
    Water Temple- Sapphire Wardens (Zora), Zora Infantry (Hyrule)
    Forest Temple- Emerald Archers (Kokiri)
    Spirit Temple- Bronze Knuckles/Iron Knuckles (Gerudo)

And for capital cities
    Zora- Domain Supremes
    Goron- Fire Warriors
    Kokiri- Deku Trees
    Gerudo- Ice Archers
    Gohma- Tank Gohma
    Ordona- Goat Lords
    Lanaryu- Aquamarines
    Deku Tribes- Royal Scrubs
    Wizzrobe- Pyromancers
    Moblins- Moblin Grunts
    Fairies- Herald of Seasons
    Darknuts- Legendaries
    Labrynna- Knights of Ambi
    Lizalfos- Aeralfos
    Ikana- Hollow Knights
    Twili (Midna)- Repentants
    Twili (Zant)- Fused Shadows

NPC's (every faction, that absorbs them)
    Huskus- Huskus Knights
    Subrosians- Ore Knights
    Horon- Horon Soldiers
    Zuna- Zuna Ziggurat
    Tokay- Tokay Hunters

I decided against the stalfos and Zola having some, since there capital could be anywhere.

Any thoughts on those at all?

Bump the Moblin Grunts up to Bigblins to have a more elite unit. I'd also change Knights of Ambi to Palace Watch. Just makes more sense to have Palace Watch at the Palace to me.

Also might I suggest having Elder Goats instead of Goat Lords because you can't currently get them in game any other way.

Bump the Moblin Grunts up to Bigblins to have a more elite unit. I'd also change Knights of Ambi to Palace Watch. Just makes more sense to have Palace Watch at the Palace to me.

Also might I suggest having Elder Goats instead of Goat Lords because you can't currently get them in game any other way.
    Yea that sounds better actually, maybe I should make the Elder goats disappear afterwards otherwise that will make Ordona a bit too powerful.

In other news, all I can say is AT LAAAAAAST!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	omg_yesssssssss.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	216.3 KB 
ID:	313243

Yea that sounds better actually, maybe I should make the Elder goats disappear afterwards otherwise that will make Ordona a bit too powerful.
    Umm... That's actually how the Triforce Vanguard works for the Temple Of Time. They only stick around for 1 battle. You don't git a hole new unit just because some one attacked your settlement.

Do you want to make it like how Neph did the Triforce Vanguard? Or do you want to do it a different way?

In other news, all I can say is AT LAAAAAAST!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	omg_yesssssssss.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	216.3 KB 
ID:	313243
    Nice. Well done.
    Last edited by Eldren; September 02, 2014 at 11:34 AM.

@Eldren, Yea the plan is to have it so that, the elder goats spawn in the Ordona capital (forgot the name) when it's under siege, when the city isn't under siege any of these units will vanish at the end of the turn, just like the triforce vanguard. Also didn't you ask me about adding events. If you want I can give you the file that allows you to do so without all the problems that I had

As for the Bongo event it's fully implemented and finished now, with just the building file to go. One slight change is that, for some reason the game will always crash if Kakariko automatically shifts to the Sheikah, so I've made it so that the Sheikah can go into death stance, but they won't get Kakariko. With the event Bongo will spawn and siege Kakariko.

something else has happened which I'm quite exited about, I've been messing around with a few things and I managed to do find something quite cool and that is that it is possible to convert factions religion via sending priests. At the moment I've managed to make it so that the Gorons convert to strict goddess worship when there is at least 1% of said religion in got goronon. So this opens up quite a few possibilities. So I was thinking about the possibilities of what this can do, and to be honest I'm quite exited about it really . So if you will bear with me whilst I look at what I can get away with. I may consider releasing a per conversation mod so that I can focus just on this in a version 3. Or I can release it all at once, but it will be set back by quite a long time. What would everyone prefer?

@Eldren, Yea the plan is to have it so that, the elder goats spawn in the Ordona capital (forgot the name) when it's under siege, when the city isn't under siege any of these units will vanish at the end of the turn, just like the triforce vanguard. Also didn't you ask me about adding events. If you want I can give you the file that allows you to do so without all the problems that I had

As for the Bongo event it's fully implemented and finished now, with just the building file to go. One slight change is that, for some reason the game will always crash if Kakariko automatically shifts to the Sheikah, so I've made it so that the Sheikah can go into death stance, but they won't get Kakariko. With the event Bongo will spawn and siege Kakariko.

something else has happened which I'm quite exited about, I've been messing around with a few things and I managed to do find something quite cool and that is that it is possible to convert factions religion via sending priests. At the moment I've managed to make it so that the Gorons convert to strict goddess worship when there is at least 1% of said religion in got goronon. So this opens up quite a few possibilities. So I was thinking about the possibilities of what this can do, and to be honest I'm quite exited about it really . So if you will bear with me whilst I look at what I can get away with. I may consider releasing a per conversation mod so that I can focus just on this in a version 3. Or I can release it all at once, but it will be set back by quite a long time. What would everyone prefer?
    Sounds exciting!
    I would say release the conversion part later, as it seems like something that could be separate anyway.

(I also have been experiencing crashes related to Kakariko under Sheikah ownership. It stops me from experiencing the Sheikah event without crashes. Maybe something you could do is fix up some of the faction spawn events at a later point?)

Yes, That would be appreciated.