Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tedster's Submod :) + trait balancing

Default Re: Tedster's Submod :)

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    I like the concept, but besides getting a boost of troops, I'm not sure declaring war on KOH is really a great balance for getting just Bongo when the other side nets with one general more. What if siding with Bongo gave you Bongo as she appears in Ganon's arc, and access to the Devoured from the Shadow Temple because she would be posessed by Deathl and could produce such monstrosities. War and army still included. Joining with Impa could then provide with access to Skull Knights from the Shadow Temple, and shadow + death stance and improved relationship with Hyrule.
    Ooh! I like that better! Both Devoured and Skull Knights are supposed to come from the Shadow Temple, so you get one of those depending on who's side you pick.
    Maybe also have the Interloper units be better than their normal counterparts(being Assassins and Blood Wizards)

I like the concept, but besides getting a boost of troops, I'm not sure declaring war on KOH is really a great balance for getting just Bongo when the other side nets with one general more. What if siding with Bongo gave you Bongo as she appears in Ganon's arc, and access to the Devoured from the Shadow Temple because she would be posessed by Deathl and could produce such monstrosities. War and army still included. Joining with Impa could then provide with access to Skull Knights from the Shadow Temple, and shadow + death stance and improved relationship with Hyrule.
    That sounds more resneable But I'm not sure which choice should get the Devoured, And which choice should get the Skull Knights.
    Both units could go to ether cause, depending how you look at it.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    That sounds more resneable But I'm not sure which choice should get the Devoured, And which choice should get the Skull Knights.
    Both units could go to ether cause, depending how you look at it.
    I suppose either one is possible. It doesn't even necessarily need to be those two units, but it just seems to make sense because of their placement in the tech-tree.

I suppose either one is possible. It doesn't even necessarily need to be those two units, but it just seems to make sense because of their placement in the tech-tree.
    I wouldn't know... I haven't looked at that thing in a while, And I can't remember most of the Details of it.

Could some one post it here or post a link for me. I have no clue where it is.

They both come from the Shadow Temple
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ahtechtree.jpg

Okay interlopers v2.0

yes= war against Hyrule and bad relations with Ordona.
    An alliance with the Gerudo and moblins
    Able to recruit devoured not skull knights
    no= status quo
    Bongo bongo joins
    Can recruit devoured and skull knights

Do you still get the armies?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140818_160154.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	312330Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140818_160231.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	312331

@Drazule yes you will indeed

In other news ive manged to finish the sulkaris event and made a special pic thing for it

This is gonna be sick!

Quote Originally Posted by tedster1995 View Post
    Okay interlopers v2.0

yes= war against Hyrule and bad relations with Ordona.
    An alliance with the Gerudo and moblins
    Able to recruit devoured not skull knights
    no= status quo
    Bongo bongo joins
    Can recruit devoured and skull knights
    Hmm, I would say an alliance with the Moblins if there isn't one already, and a relationship boost with the Gerudo for siding with Bongo
    I still think you only get either Devoured or Skull Knights depending on who you side with. They have the exact same stats, except Skull Knights can charge without orders and appear to be more expensive.

Also, I hope with this, the Matriarch gets fixed, because currently she has Sulkaris' ability, instead of her own.

I thought the Devoured charge without orders.

And you're right, one-for one would be better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140818_160154.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	312330Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140818_160231.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	312331

@Drazule yes you will indeed

In other news ive manged to finish the sulkaris event and made a special pic thing for it
    Can you tell me what I would have to do to make pop-ups. We at the Kingdom of the Golden Land mod. Are having trouble making pop-ups for our Generals.
    Thanks in Advance.

Okay then how about yes answer gives just skull knights then, I really want the no answer to have both because that is true to the original tech tree really.
    @Eldren I used this tutorial on how to make events, actually really helpful

go here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...storic-Events&

it will explain everything much better then I can, but with images, ignore what it says about where to put them and place them in data>ui>southern European>event pics place them all in there, using the same name (case sensitive as the historic event in the script. Ie in the script it says General_Appear, then the pic has to have that exact name and case sensitive. Hope that helps

this tutorial really helps with yes/no scripts

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...vent-Tutorial&

Okay then how about yes answer gives just skull knights then, I really want the no answer to have both because that is true to the original tech tree really.
    @Eldren I used this tutorial on how to make events, actually really helpful

go here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...storic-Events&

it will explain everything much better then I can, but with images, ignore what it says about where to put them and place them in data>ui>southern European>event pics place them all in there, using the same name (case sensitive as the historic event in the script. Ie in the script it says General_Appear, then the pic has to have that exact name and case sensitive. Hope that helps

this tutorial really helps with yes/no scripts

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...vent-Tutorial&
    I'd like them to be split because then it gives another reason to pick one side over the other, even if it is mostly a cosmetic difference.

Slight problem with the bongo front, I cannot for the life of me make the yes no event happen it either just crashes the game when you select the Sheikah or it just doesn't make a script, I've asked around a few places but ill ask here too does anybody know anything about yes/no events, I've tried copy and pasting other yes nos from the script and just adding changes but that didn't work. Seriously don't know what's wrong, if I can't do it and I've tried everything I may just release the submod minus the bongo event

Slight problem with the bongo front, I cannot for the life of me make the yes no event happen it either just crashes the game when you select the Sheikah or it just doesn't make a script, I've asked around a few places but ill ask here too does anybody know anything about yes/no events, I've tried copy and pasting other yes nos from the script and just adding changes but that didn't work. Seriously don't know what's wrong, if I can't do it and I've tried everything I may just release the submod minus the bongo event
    Don't worry about getting all the events in there the first time. That's why there's updates. If you figure it out, then you put it in when you can.

Did you make sure that the Sheikah aren't AI controlled? While searching through the campaign script file, I noticed some lines that looked for whether or not the faction was AI controlled. Notably, this was mostly on the emergent factions, like the River Zora, Stalfos, Wizzrobe, etc.
    Specifically, if the emergent factions were not AI controlled, then their spawn events wouldn't activate.

Okay, after a bit of help from a few experts and the creator himself i have now come to the conclusion that I have ed something up on a colossal scale, so I've saved the main files and starting from scratch. Also something I forgot to mention is ill make a start on hero trait balancing as well, which I will also release separate from the sub mod for people who just want the traits as well

Let me know if you need testing once you start getting some work done. I can't guarantee I will be free at the time, but I definitely want to support these ideas.

Darn. Oh well. Still looking forward to it. Again, if you need help playtesting this, I'm available.

Okay so here is the issue it seems as though whenever I try to change a specific few files, then I makes Ikana, the Twili, the Wizzrobe, the Zola and the Sheikah unplayable and I have no Idea why, like literally no clue. Even if I change it back the originals it's the same issue. So unless this can be fixed I'm afraid I won't be releasing this submit I'm afraid. It will be pointless making something only to ruin half the game. But what I may ask and this comes with a BIG warning, if I could ask someone to place my edited files into their game and see if the same issue happens. Here is the warning if this issue does happen the only way I've managed to fix it is via uninstall/reinstall. So any takers?