Thread: Beginners question.

Default Beginners question.

Playing as cao cao I noticed that I have a lot of surplus generals with high strength, should I use those generals as heavy cavalry units or is it better to keep them out of harm’s way until I can find something for them to do?

Civis

Default Re: Beginners question.

From my experience it can work wonders or totally screw you, I killed around 4 spear units and a crossbow unit using only Yan Liang and an archer unit lots of cat and mouse and baiting, getting them to chase cav so i could shoot them in the back or chase archers so i could charge there flank. The very next fight i went to charge another cav unit and yan liang got one hit killed as soon as the ranks clashed. So its hit or miss really.

dalapto's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Beginners question.

Quote Originally Posted by themilo View Post
    Playing as cao cao I noticed that I have a lot of surplus generals with high strength, should I use those generals as heavy cavalry units or is it better to keep them out of harm’s way until I can find something for them to do?
    Cavalry is generally better for hit & run, charge & retreat then charge again. I would never send a single Cavalry General unit against heavy cavalry, simply as they are outnumbered. Multiple generals that surround a single unit would do fine. I do send heavy infantry generals to fight 1 on 1 and they do alright.