Thread: Question in regards to Rank and Marriage

Default Question in regards to Rank and Marriage

In my current game I am playing the Most Serene Republic of Pisa. Currently, I am trying to pursue the goal of becoming the first Doge with an imperial level title. I have several kingdom level titles to my name (Africa, Andalusia, Pisa) and am currently trying to seize as much territory in Spain as I can. After discovering that one of my character's lovers had a claim to the throne of Aquitaine (France fell and has been, variously, either the Kingdom of Brittany or Aquitaine, depending on who's in charge.). After divorcing my wife and assassinating her husband, I tried to marry her so I could add the Kingdom of Aquitaine to my titles. She would not marry my doge due to a difference in rank, even though I should have the same rank as her. Three of my titles are kingdom level. Anyone know why this may be?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Question in regards to Rank and Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodlincoln View Post
    In my current game I am playing the Most Serene Republic of Pisa. Currently, I am trying to pursue the goal of becoming the first Doge with an imperial level title. I have several kingdom level titles to my name (Africa, Andalusia, Pisa) and am currently trying to seize as much territory in Spain as I can. After discovering that one of my character's lovers had a claim to the throne of Aquitaine (France fell and has been, variously, either the Kingdom of Brittany or Aquitaine, depending on who's in charge.). After divorcing my wife and assassinating her husband, I tried to marry her so I could add the Kingdom of Aquitaine to my titles. She would not marry my doge due to a difference in rank, even though I should have the same rank as her. Three of my titles are kingdom level. Anyone know why this may be?
    What kind of noble would want to marry a trumped up merchent?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Question in regards to Rank and Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodlincoln View Post
    Try to switch your primary title (chose a kingdom instead of Pisa) when suggesting marriage?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory