Thread: Troops in the field

Default Troops in the field

I have a question I read somewhere that troops drain denarii while in the field. If I, for example, don't like the idea of troops giving negative profit while in the field (not in enemy territory, that's cool.), can I 'fix' this only on my version of Bare Bones, :hmmm: cuz I like everything else... Only that bothers me So, what do I have to do? Which file do I have to edit? Can I stop only this feature without bugging the whole thing?? Thanks in advance

Default Re: Troops in the field

Sorry for the topic guys, found the file and certain line and 'fixed' my mod. Just figured out why I can't build a blacksmith in Roma Cool new feature.

P.S. Bare Bones Wars 0.81 is the best mod I've ever seen! Just.. Brilliant. The battles look so realistic and with the new sprites - no lag for me. :tooth: Campaign maps are fun and historical. The fact that many mods have been combined in one gives results! Cheers all modders and fans!

@octavius
    glad you changed it by youself...
    you need iron to build blacksmiths
    thanks for the praise

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

First, great mod repman! I have been away from RTW for months and this was a great new mod to come back to!

I do have a question: Is this 'in the field' thing the reason it says I should make 1900 denarii but after all is said and done I end up 1900 denarii in the hole? The finances report and my actual profits rarely (if ever) seem to match up. Right now I do have a sizable army I just built to conquer Illyria (as requested by the Senate - I'm playing as Julii). But they aren't 'in the field'. They are in a town. They aren't in the town they were recruited from, however. So is this what's going on?

Anyway, just wanted to get this thing down so I can plan things better an avoid huge deficits in the future. Absolutely brilliant mod, well done and thanks a bunch!
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

@lord gruffle
    only field costs if they are outside any settlement (ships/forts are no settlements). If they are in a settlement different to their original one, no costs

(this means any army (only army, not diplomat or spy or killer) even without characters outside an settlement cost 1000 each turn on home territory and 2000 on enemy territory, its independent on the size of the army)
    One character in it results still in the same penalty (1000/2000). 2 characters in the army double the penalty (2000/4000) and so on. It's not dependent on the army size . You can see the effect if you compare after a turn the detailed treasure box on the left side on your campaign screen with the actual treasure value on the lower right side on the screen...the difference is just the penalty
    one army:
    no character 1000/2000
    1 character 1000/2000
    2 character 2000/4000

two armies:
    no characters 2000/4000
    each one 1 character 2000/4000
    each one 2 characters 4000/8000

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Thanks for the detailed and timely reply, redman. It's appreciated.

This is an interesting idea. It definitely tames the stack after stack attack from the Gauls, I've noticed. Hmmm, very interesting.

Thanks again!

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

The army field costs are only for the player. The AI can't handle it, not programmed for it

repman

Oh, good. I started thinking that the AI would be screwed with it enacted for them. This is simply an amazing mod. Many kudos to all the modders involved.

Sorry for the double post, but, what about on ships? Are you still 'charged' if you have troops out to sea? :hmmm:

yes, sea travel was expansive

repman

Hi there!
    @ octavius: could you please be so kind and tell me what file it is?
    Iīd like to change that too.
    Thanks a lot
    Bogey
    No, I am not a pacifist--I am a coward.

Just search this sub-forum for 'field costs', Bogeyman.

You'll find the answer.
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; November 06, 2006 at 05:45 PM.

Wow, that is one cool feature, how did you do it? Or is it one of your business secrets? If itīs done by script, I wonder if the script could be modified so that an army thatīs out in the field slowly loses men (due to disease, exhaustion, etc; after all, Henry V had to fight a heroic battle at Agincourt because he had exhausted his army campaigning up and down through Northern France, and the Siege of Harfleur, to give one example. Hannibals crossing of the Alps would be another, and I guess sifting through history would turn up more). One of my gripes in RTW is that besieging armies donīt lose men as they do in MTW, so basically attacking a settlement outright always is dominated by besieging it some turns, it gives you free kills.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

@ciaran s
    there are no business secrets, look into the threads
    interesting idea, but killing people in an army in the fields i don't know how to do it

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType romans_julii
    and FactionIsLocal
    and not EndedInSettlement
    and not AgentType = admiral
    and not AgentType = spy
    and not AgentType = diplomat
    and not AgentType = assassin
    and InEnemyLands

console_command add_money romans_julii, -2000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType romans_julii
    and FactionIsLocal
    and not EndedInSettlement
    and not AgentType = admiral
    and not AgentType = spy
    and not AgentType = diplomat
    and not AgentType = assassin
    and not InEnemyLands

console_command add_money romans_julii, -1000

end_monitor

repman