Thread: Factions break alliance with Sparta

Alex1987's Avatar Tiro

Default Factions break alliance with Sparta

After 5-10 turns 1 faction declare war for me and other factions broken trojan alliance. What sub mods or changes in files I need for make unbreakable alliances for this great mod?
    Candidate of sociological sciences. RUSSIAN LIBERAL OPPOSITIONIST AND ACTIVIST.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Factions break alliance with Sparta

There is no such submod. There really isn't anything that can be done about this since diplomacy is hardcoded.

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

Forced diplomacy?

That's simply how the campaign was designed to be. The alliances and other diplomatic pacts will be maintained for a longer while depending on how much support you give to your allies in the Trojan siege. The same will naturally happen to Trojan allies as well, but they will certainly not go to war against one another for as soon as the Achaean factions. Whenever playing as an Achaean state, I withdraw my forces right in the beginning, caring less for the alliances because I naturally know that they will break in a matter of a few turns. This will give me a momentum over other factions, because with the withdrawn forces I can occupy nearby settlements back at home before any of my allies, giving me a financial and a territorial edge all at once on a longer run. As a Trojan ally, I tend to support Troy or any other Phyrgian/Mysian faction as much as possible because it simply gives the good feels of "driving the Achaeans away" all the while I can still preserve enough troops for later expanses in Anatolia. Though, Kikonians are one of those factions that wont like the fact that you're trying to share some space with them in the north, so don't get too close to them. They'll expand down to Thessaly in a matter of one-hundred turns anyway, so keep yourself mambling around your own homecorners unless a formerly friendly faction will spark a war against you.

and for the anger of achilles that refuse to move?
    what can i do for unlock this situation? in a battle in cypria campaign achilles have fight against half lycian army, commanded by glaukos, and my troops have the time to arrive and win.
    now in the ilyad campaign he don't want fight for a girl. what can i do?

I'd guess that you can edit and modify that script, but my wildest quess that the script unlocks Achilles' availability in battle only if Patroklos dies, just like in Illiad itself.

thanks you! a traditionalist like me don't modify scritps, patroklos must die ahuahuahu

p.s. the new campaign with crete going good.
    the army of idomeneus go in thrace to attack kikones, the army of orsilochos, stay in asia to fight with acheans, in this manner i follow a strategy based on attrition, destroing before all allies of troy, and when it's isolated attack troy itself.

Nice! I started a new House of Laertes campaign (well, a week old campaign that I simply haven't had time for), I have occupied 22 regions and have a clear economical edge over all the others because I simply withdrew Odysseus and his forces from Troy in the first turn.