Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CHINESE VOICES SUBMOD (OUTDATED)

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Chinese Voices & Alternate Music/Sounds SubMod

Not a problem.

And go make 7 more posts somewhere on TWC
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

dalapto's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Chinese Voices & Alternate Music/Sounds SubMod

Thanks.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Chinese Voices & Alternate Music/Sounds Add-on

Voices work pretty damn well, thanks!

Default Re: CHINESE VOICES SUBMOD

C'mon man, it doesn't work ( I did the exact same thing that the instructions say. Copied and pasted the text files into the Three_Kingdoms (which is located in Medieval 2/ mods) data folder; after that added the voice folder into data/dounds folder; deleted the Voice.dat/idx and the events.dat/idx files; and then finally downloaded the fix file and replaced the old one in Three_Kingdoms data folder. It doesn't work.....

By not working I mean there are still the old vanilla English voices. Is it suposed to be saved game compatible? Even if it is not, it also doesn't work on new started campaign..

Hmm odd. I've messaged you.

The Chinese accent of age of Empire is very strange,didn't sound like Chinese speak,why not use hanzhishang's voice?

Quote Originally Posted by againster View Post
    The Chinese accent of age of Empire is very strange,didn't sound like Chinese speak,why not use hanzhishang's voice?
    I wouldn't know about Chinese accents, I don't speak Mandarin or Cantonese.

I don't know who hanzhishang is.

cant get voices to work at all

Quote Originally Posted by TERANCEF View Post
    cant get voices to work at all
    So you still hear vanilla voices?

Did you follow the installation instructions exactly?

Did you download and install both files?

Civis

if someone wants I can sample a ton of voice clips from ROTK XI and give them to you to insert into the game?
    edit- Include categories. I don't speak Chinese but I can pretty much make educate guesses (order acknowledgement, Thanks, war cries, Shame, Death etc.) I wont know exactly what they mean but I know the context they are used for in game. if that makes sense.
    Last edited by sickNsane; May 27, 2016 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sickNsane View Post
    if someone wants I can sample a ton of voice clips from ROTK XI and give them to you to insert into the game?
    edit- Include categories. I don't speak Chinese but I can pretty much make educate guesses (order acknowledgement, Thanks, war cries, Shame, Death etc.) I wont know exactly what they mean but I know the context they are used for in game. if that makes sense.
    That makes sense, the voices I used from Age of Empires 3 were labelled in terms of context, like attack, move, select etc.
    As long they are sorted in terms of context (and who says them), I'd be able to insert them into the game.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

installed the submod, followed the instrunctions to the letter and installed the hot fix. Yet when I launch the game it CTD on the opening splash screen within two-three seconds of launch. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    installed the submod, followed the instrunctions to the letter and installed the hot fix. Yet when I launch the game it CTD on the opening splash screen within two-three seconds of launch. Any ideas?
    This happens when it isn't installed correctly, when I was testing the mod this happened a lot.
    I don't know what you've done wrong, but I suggest you keep trying to install it until it doesn't crash and you can hear all sounds correctly.
    Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I will be uploading an improved version soon and a music mod, maybe it would work better.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Installed and it works just fine. I hope you will have time and motivation to find all Chinese voices!

why don't you use the Koei's romance o the tree kingdoms soundtrack? don't know if it would cause any trouble because of copyrights but it would be awesome!

I know there is quite a bit of music that is OST and can therefore be used for mods, videos, etc.

Hi sorry, this mod works great but some factions just don't have any voices anymore (such as Liaodong). Is there an easy way to fix this?

I’m on my phone so I can’t check, but locate the descr_sounds_accents.txt file, and at the bottom you will see all of the factions listed. I know that pisa (Jiaozhou) needs to be added to the list. If aragon (Liaodong) is not listed, add them as well. I’m not positive, but you may also need to delete the voice and event IDX and DAT files (as this submod instructs) again and allow them to rebuild.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12