Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] The Age of the Petty Kingdoms

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Default [HS] The Age of the Petty Kingdoms

The Age of the Petty Kingdoms

There was a time before the War of the Five Kings, a time even before the conquest of Westeros by the Targaryens where Westeros was ruled by Petty Kingdoms split between the Andals and the First men there conquest; This Is The Age of The Petty Kingdoms.

Victory Conditions

Rule the lands either by force, diplomacy or betrayal, everything goes in the Age of Petty Kingdoms.

List of the Petty Kingdoms

The Riverlands
    The Mudds - Riverknight
    The Blackwoods - Luume
    The Brackens - Theblackwolf
    The Mootons- Hellbringer1642
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Crownlands
    The Darklyns - AdmiralThrawn
    The Crabbs - Themzr
    The Masseys - Silenced Ape
    The Westerlands
    The Lannisters - Dr Mac
    The Reynes - Protokyzer
    The Tarbecks - Stannis the Mannis
    The Rules

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    One turn peace (NO GOING INTO OTHER PLAYERS LANDS)
    1. You have 24 turns to take your turn, if you don't ask for an extension or don't have appointed a personal sub you will be skipped.
    2. It is not allowed to abuse bugs to your or anyones advantage. These are the known bugs:

• The naval fort bug: No using ships to bypass a fort or a settlements Zone of Control.
    • Spam siege bug: Besieging a fort or a settlement with a force far superior in it, in order to either prevent that army from reinforcing or in order to cut down a settlements income is not allowed.
    • Fort watchtower bug: Constructing watchtowers in order to prevent forting is not allowed. You can construct watchtowers, but you will be asked to replay if it is obvious the reason why the watchtower has been built is to prevent forting
    • Heroic victory bug: No Heroic victories at all. If you get a heroic victory you must reload until you get a different result, and if you cannot get a different result then you will not be allowed to play the battle.
    • Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.
    • Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    • Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.
    • Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on mutliple times. You can see when this bug accures, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it
      Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The bug: a defeated army whom CAN fit a fort, enters it, and then leaves it, making it posssible for the enemy to attack again and again until nothing remains of that army
      What is supposed to happen is the defeated army who can fit the fort, enters it and stays there. Making it impossible for the enemy to attack again and again

Why it happens: a retreated army, and you can test it yourself, will never retreat to one of an enemy's ZoC squares. Because of this, when this situation happens (example):
      A lannister army is adjacent to a fort. An enemy army (Stark for example) lands on one of the fort's ZoC squares, and then attacks the Lannister army. The lannister army retreats to the nearest safe location, like the AI always does. He attempts to retreat to the fort
      He reaches the fort and enters it. But a problem- the retreating army is adjacent to the Stark's army ZoC square. The Lannister army is forced to leave the fort and pops up beside it. This bug happens only in forts, not in towns\castles

3. You are not allowed to encircle an army, just to deny its retreat.
    4. Destroying buildings is not allowed in these 3 situations:

1. If the settlement is under siege
    2. A far superior army is one turn away from the settlement. *exception: if it is turn one it is allowed
    3. You have not yet held that settlement for 3 turns *exception: does not apply on turn 1-3 on home regions

5. You can have 2 forts per region and every fort has to be garrisoned by a minimal of 4 units. The minimum number of men in the fort must be equal or greater then 300 men, Cavalry counts as double (only on Huge settings)
    6. You are not allowed to attack a besieging army just to deny the enemy of sacking the settlement.
    7. You have to VM/PM the next player after you upload your save.
    8. Posting pictures of battle odds, and results is mandatory. You do not have to post the pics if the person you fought against in the battle does not demand pics. All pics must show the attacking and deffending forces. You are advised to delete your finance and minimap
    9. The recruitments of spies\assasins and their use is prohibited
    10. Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Tyrell defeats a Lannister army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies in fortification, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' should be allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort and was defeated by 'b'.
    Addendum to the same rule: no sallying out of a fort\castle which has forces which were defeated last turn. This is to make it fair for those who come last at the turn order, because they will not be able to do this
    11. No sailing from a blockaded port without first defeating the blockade (land or sea units alike).
    12. It is not allowed to accept money or regions from dying/obliterated factions.
    13. It is not allowed use a princess to steal a general, unless there is more then 35% of success. (pics must be posted)
    14. Settlements gifted should disband all units, except for one to keep public order.
    15. One turn peace for everyone *exception: a faction who is before you in the turn order placed units in your territory. Example: Lannister can't attack Tully in turn 1. Tully can attack Lannister if he placed his troops in his territory.
    An hostile act who breaks the 1 turn peace rule is one of the following:

• Attacking an army\force of another player
    • Blockading a port
    • Besieging a settlement

16. The recruitment of siege equipment and their use is prohibited.
    17. It is illegale to place armies or any kind of land forces (Archers, Infantry, Cavalry) onto ports which are inside ports. This is to prevent players from hiding their men inside the port, where they are untouchable
    18. It is illegale to burn down ports in order to get around rule 11- if your port is blockaded and there are ships inside that port, if you burn down the port the ship is not allowed to move that turn.
    19. In case someone preforms a trick\move which isn't forbidden by the rules that the admin does not like, that action (if it should be allowed or not) goes to a vote and if more then half the players agree then that rule will become valid next turn
    20. The admin's decision's need to be respected. Arguing with the admin is not allowed, and if you refuse to respect the admin's ruling you will be kicked out from the Hotseat

I suggest that a moderator stickies this. Also, be aware that whenever you feel like a rule should be added, and I will decided that indeed it is a good rule, then I would add it.

The Admin-
    Arrow2daknee
    All factions not listed will be destroyed and players cannot take their lands. (This decision may change once I/the admin see the map)

FYI: I invited players into this hotseat just to see the interest level, anyone that did not receive a PM is more than welcome to join. (just don't quit)

This mod is due out tomorrow, once it does come out we shall begin, commence the diplomacy.

Good Luck

Last edited by Riverknight; November 10, 2014 at 08:53 AM.

Silenced Ape's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [HS] The Age of the Petty Kingdoms

House Massey! Nothing but True!

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

What the heck, I'll go with Darklyn (though I am getting sick of this mod after so many months of working on it ).

Sounds good!

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

Could we include the Vale ? . Ill take the Darklyns

Narsils_Shards's Avatar Campidoctor

Give me the Lannister's.

Quote Originally Posted by Alertoverlord View Post
    Could we include the Vale ? . Ill take the Darklyns
    I vote against that, factions are fine as they are...
    House Darklyn is also already taken by AdmiralThrawn.

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

My mistake did not see his comment . Ill take Mooton

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

OK, time to go buff Darklyn before the main release ...

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think in favour of time Vale shouldnt be added: ten factions for the first HS should be ample for both conflict and checking for future additions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis the Mannis View Post
    I think in favour of time Vale shouldnt be added: ten factions for the first HS should be ample for both conflict and checking for future additions.
    My thought exactly.

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Oh damn, too late! I guess I will start the second HS then.
    TATW HS Community Award

We need an admin if we want to start this today.

Luume's Avatar Domesticus

What's the story here? If I took the admin spot what would I have to do other than normal admin work?

I think Rivers just wants to execute a few console commands to add titles to FLs, rest is just normal admin stuff etc.

Luume's Avatar Domesticus

Shouldn't be a problem, but I won't be able to start the HS until next week as I'm in Ireland. Get back on Wednesday but late that day and I get my GCSE results the next day so if all is good I could start the HS on Thursday evening or on Friday at the latest

I have Nasril as our admin for now, but he is having some problems with the console.

If all does not go to plan then you are my then welcome to be admin Luume.

Also the admin stuff would either be using commands to kill of the other factions or killing them off in the desr_strat.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    I/Anyone can kill them off in the strat if need be.
    If you want to your more than welcome!

Just no making Blackwood OP by adding units!

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast