Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Epic mod, but...

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Epic mod, but...

Quote Originally Posted by REDrake View Post
    Well for my own use I added modifications to the mod. I added merchants (I know, I'm a heretic). But I'm not going to distribute it.
    Really, when you get down to it, changing a few things is not that hard. All you need is a text editor and knowledge on what you are doing.
    We need more rebels like you. I mean don't see anything wrong with giving someone privately a mod with changes

I've made some changes to my own version of this mod as well. I've reworked the EDU to make units more balanced in both the campaign and in custom battles.
    It's actually an overhaul of almost each unit in the mod.

Units are more balanced towards their costs and stats, and I made infantry bodyguards have officers (so generals don't die as quickly as before).
    Some super units, like those green winged Uruk Dominion units (can't remember their name anymore), were drastically increased in price and tweaked and tested.
    It was a lot of work to do, and I don't know if it's perfect - but I think it was worth it and achieved a nice balance with most factions.

I once requested TFON if I could share them with the community. But at the time he stated that he first wanted to wait until the final fixes were made to the base mod, and to make support easier without having to deal with people reporting submod-specific problems.

If anyone is interested, leave me a PM and I can send the EDU to you. I'll be glad to share it.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

I have always wanted to update some of the rosters. Though I have no skill in doing that. For instance I wanted to replace the units of the Greeks with EB 2 and update some of the Christian nations. Not to mention the possibility of updating using OIM2 and The Great Conflicts

I guess the biggest problem I see here is that the mod is abandoned. This prevents further development of the mod, bugfixing-wise speaking of course. For me, the mod doesn't need any changes other then said bugfixes and crashes, it's pretty epic as is.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Tweeks and updated won't hurt. Well improve the game

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Was there ever an 'official' abandonment? Obviously TFON has not been around for a while

Please Delete
    Last edited by BarnicleBill1; October 13, 2014 at 08:02 PM.

This is my idea for a redone map of my own design, though it hinges on things that have not been released and would only for personal use. But here it is anyway just to ogle at.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thera Redone map.png  

Cool map

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Was there ever an 'official' abandonment? Obviously TFON has not been around for a while
    On his personal page TFON told some that he was retiring. And he never authorized anybody else to take over

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    On his personal page TFON told some that he was retiring. And he never authorized anybody else to take over
    Well, that kinda sucks really hard . feels like he pulled a plug and didn't provide a way to put the plug back into the socket. I don't even need a mod leader to mod in new stuff or change anything. Just a guy who knows how to make the late game bug-free (read: save game break-free). That's really the only thing that's keeping me from playing M2 these days.

II don't understand why he did that. He should have at least appointed a successor so he can make sure the game is going smooth

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    II don't understand why he did that. He should have at least appointed a successor so he can make sure the game is going smooth
    Exactly my thoughts. Even when he doesn't want it further modded, the successor could still debug the mod. Damn, I seem to keep repeating this need for bugging in my posts lol. But yeah, if that could finally be solved somehow, I'd be so happy.

Anyway, I think TFON thinks the mod is final now. That's probably why he doesn't want to do anything with this mod anymore. From a content point of view, yes, the mod is done. But there are points on which the mod can be improved, I.E. fixing game breaking bugs.

EDIT: I'd fix the bug myself, but the procedure seems complicated and hard to actually track the correct thing that breaks the mod/save at some point.
    Last edited by Comrade Roboto; October 21, 2014 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks, it is a pretty cool idea but I don't think it will come to fruition. But I do intend to put some of the units in from those mods.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    Thanks, it is a pretty cool idea but I don't think it will come to fruition. But I do intend to put some of the units in from those mods.
    Nice. But how will you do it? Are you going to just replace units with other ones, or will you keep somewhat the same units but replace them substitutes/better versions?

For nations like the Men of Wotan the Rus would fit well. The Wallhala would fit with the Wrath of the Norsemen mod. I'd but EB2 Romans in for Rome naturally. And I'd do anything to get Byzantines in there. On another note, this is a simplified version of the map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails simplified map.png  
    Last edited by BarnicleBill1; October 22, 2014 at 12:48 PM.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Roboto View Post
    Well, that kinda sucks really hard . feels like he pulled a plug and didn't provide a way to put the plug back into the socket. I don't even need a mod leader to mod in new stuff or change anything. Just a guy who knows how to make the late game bug-free (read: save game break-free). That's really the only thing that's keeping me from playing M2 these days.
    Which bug are you referring to?
    And, did you try to contact TFON?

I have attempted TFON personally to no avail. I don't know if he actually did "retire" or is taking time off to care for pesonal matters. We're he come forms reture may not actually been quit for good but rather just be done for now

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post
    Which bug are you referring to?
    And, did you try to contact TFON?
    I'd like to refer to this thread where I discussed said bug with Irishron. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...fix-this/page2

In all honesty I'm still not so sure wether the bug comes from the mod or the actual game. But since I never got a save game breaking bug in vanilla, I sorta doubt it's caused by it.
    For me this whole thing seems very confusing and complicated to figure out/fix on my own. All I know is that if I play Thera for around let's say 140 turns, a crash occurs and breaks my save file.

If I had the know-how I'd remove some of the factions that are culturally similar and toss in some content from other mods like DBM, EB2, PI2, IB2, and especially the recently released Chinese mods with Song, Ming, and Qing dynasties, Southeast Asian units, Joseon, and Genpei+Sengoku Jidai Japanese content.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast