Thread: Can't Start a Campaign

Default Can't Start a Campaign

I did a fresh install on Steam, then installed DM. Whenever I go to start any provincial campaign, regardless of faction, it shows me the loading screen, loads halfway, then crashes to desktop. I uninstalled both Rome and DM and reinstalled, but the same error occurs. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what is going wrong and how to fix it.

Default Re: Can't Start a Campaign

Yes, i have too

And me

Hmmm... i install repack RTW Gold Editon in Steam directory - all working

Helltroy's Avatar Civis

I also have this problem.

I have the same problem aswell.

Somebody, please fix this. My campaigns work on BI, but any campaign on Rome crashes when it reaches ~70% of the loading.

I have the exact same issue as well. Everything works great until I start any campaign. I can play custom battle and historical battles just fine, but no campaign. Just crashes after it loads about 3/4 the way through.

Hi, the only solution i can find is downloading Rome Total War from kickass.to or The Pirate Bay, since the issue is most likely Steam

The problem appears to be caused by a PAK file. Go to your RTW directory and look in the .../data/packs folder. Delete the file called "ui_1.pak". Make a backup first, of course. You should now be able to play a campaign. Let me know how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Travus View Post
    The problem appears to be caused by a PAK file. Go to your RTW directory and look in the .../data/packs folder. Delete the file called "ui_1.pak". Make a backup first, of course. You should now be able to play a campaign. Let me know how it turns out.
    It works.
    Cattle die, kindred die,
    Every man is mortal:
    But the good name never dies
    Of one who has done well

Havamal 76

Helltroy's Avatar Civis

Holy mother Hera it worked. thank you very much!
    May the favor of the gods be with you good sir!

My computer is home-made, and I have no idea how to open PAK files, since my Rome was on steam. It worked once, but I uninstalled then reinstalled the mod. Now it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Travus View Post

Yes ive done that also but when I click on Europa and whatever date I click a faction and straight away without loading it takes me back to the screen with Europa on it.