Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [UPD 07 DEC 16] Preview: Easterlings

Berem's Avatar Libertus
    ...Brasil, Santa Catarina, Florianópolis...

Default Re: [UPD DEC 7] Preview Thread: Easterlings

Quote Originally Posted by Enpremi View Post
    That is surely one of the most beautiful things I ever have set my eyes from a game, of course...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You see, my friend, or should I say foe: the truth has died so long ago, that I shall not find her headstone!

wow these models look great!
    the only thing that bothers me is the red, i think it is too shiny. since you tried so hard to make the armor not look fabric new, the effect gets lost a little bit with that shiny red. maybe make it a little bit darker and more purple?

like here

http://www.divideby0.com/photos/2004...s/PICT0391.JPG

This looks awesome
    Is it possible too make the skin little bit darker it would fit easterlings more but keep it looks great

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

They probably used a tester head, I'm pretty sure they'll use sassanid faces or something for the actual unit so i wouldn't worry
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

Patience punches me everyday...it is going to kill me...

Quote Originally Posted by Arifian View Post
    This looks awesome
    Is it possible too make the skin little bit darker it would fit easterlings more but keep it looks great
    This is actually the only skin available with head only, but it shouldn't be an issue to change the skin colour.

Concerning the cloth colours: It is overall a bit too saturated. I still have to tweak the game textures a bit, but I do agree: it's too red

Ooh had no idea that was a thing, If you want to be super perfectionist you could try giving easterlings the eye makeup they wear in the film Extreme level details i never miss!

(Its like eyeshadow)
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

This is actually the only skin available with head only, but it shouldn't be an issue to change the skin colour.

Concerning the cloth colours: It is overall a bit too saturated. I still have to tweak the game textures a bit, but I do agree: it's too red
    Heads will come up in the future

Quote Originally Posted by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf View Post
    They probably used a tester head, I'm pretty sure they'll use sassanid faces or something for the actual unit so i wouldn't worry
    I think the Huns would fit in a little bit better for the faces. But only because in my opinion the Easterlings are inspired by the Huns (Wainriders, Balchoth).
    Haradrim: Arabs, Persians.
    Easterlings: Turks, Mongols, Huns.
    But it's only my opinion.

Default Re: [UPD 07/12/15] Preview Thread: Easterlings

I'm curious about the modeling when it comes to death animations. In Attila a soldier can have his head decapitated in battle, when you're modeling soldiers regardless of faction do you also have to model a neck without a head or how does that work? Pure curiosity.

LordInvictus's Avatar Semisalis
    In California in the USA on Earth in the Solar System in the Milky Way

Quote Originally Posted by Member of the Maiar View Post
    I'm curious about the modeling when it comes to death animations. In Attila a soldier can have his head decapitated in battle, when you're modeling soldiers regardless of faction do you also have to model a neck without a head or how does that work? Pure curiosity.
    As far as I can tell, the game uses the decapitated model of the soldier (with bloodied neck) but sticks a head on top of it. When the decapitation animation plays, the head separates and the neck that was previously hidden by the head can now be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Member of the Maiar View Post
    It isn't proven for 100% at the time that the Blood and Burning expansion will be fully supported by our mod.
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

Behold the mighty warrior of Balchoth!

Berem's Avatar Libertus
    ...Brasil, Santa Catarina, Florianópolis...

The terrible sight of the bright swords of the easterlings shine as the sun goes by on the field of battle! They shall be a mighty foe, but the free-folk will prevail!
    It will be awesome to see them in action! By any chance, can we see them in action, or it is close to the time that we shall see them on the next videos? Are they close to their final versions?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You see, my friend, or should I say foe: the truth has died so long ago, that I shall not find her headstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Berem View Post
    The terrible sight of the bright swords of the easterlings shine as the sun goes by on the field of battle! They shall be a mighty foe, but the free-folk will prevail!
    It will be awesome to see them in action! By any chance, can we see them in action, or it is close to the time that we shall see them on the next videos? Are they close to their final versions?
    Well this is mostly its final version and they are ready to be put ingame, and you can be sure that they will appear in the next video

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

great work I cannot wait to see them killed upon the battlefield by thousands killed by elven arrows spears and sword haha
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Enpremi... Fabulous work, well done well done.... I dont have the correct words for this, it would be soemthing in the tongues of mordor but OWWOWOWWWWOOOOWW Well ing done!

Is that eye shadow too!!! OMG You even did that tiny detail aha ha ing love you!

Any plans for the design of Easterling captains similar to the way you do Dale captains?
    Last edited by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf; December 21, 2015 at 07:51 AM.

Looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf View Post

Any plans for the design of Easterling captains similar to the way you do Dale captains?
    I do have a few designs on my mind, but I haven't tried to bring them into 3D yet. I'm lacking free time at the moment and since I upgraded to Windows 10 I'm constantly having some issues....

Pure perfection Enpremi...no words.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast