Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [UPD 07 DEC 16] Preview: Easterlings

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Development] Preview Thread: Easterlings

Holy you guys are too good at this! This is incredibly amazing, reall appreciating the detail in this guys, cant wait to see it textured!

Wow it's just awesome !

Dam, that dude has some swagger.

Hands down my favorite faction yay

While creating the Eastlings, what sort of feeling are you trying to give them as a faction, if I may ask? What, in general, will the Easterlings be like ?

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Balchoth - film armour design, Variags - mix of Samurai, Huns and Mongols armour style and Wainriders ofc film concept arts + Baclhoth parts.
    Each faction will have some uniqueness: Balchoth will be well armoured, Wainriders will have wagons and chariots, variags will have nice mount units (missle, melee, heavy missle, heavy melee etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    Wainriders will have wagons and chariots, variags will have nice mount units (missle, melee, heavy missle, heavy melee etc.)
    Model the variags/khandish units on something like this? Heavy Axes, no swords, archers, samurai/mongol-esque

Will Khand include chariots in their regiment? Or is that just a Easterling thing?

And since Harad doesn't have a page yet, maybe I could throw in a quick suggestion. How about these guys as the General's body guard? Harad could have General's mounted on Mumaks or protected by these badass looking berserkers

Harad Abrakhân Guard

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/...h%C3%A2n-Guard

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Revan The Great View Post
    I wanted to point out that the work on the Easterling helm looks great, but I strongly caution you to avoid the temptation of making the unit's armor appear 'Gold'. For one, this rarely translates well into TW - it usually just looks yellow. But besides, as we can see from the OP's avatar the Easterling armor is in fact grey, or off-white, and very much appears to be steel. Dusty, battle-tested, while still being ornate. One of my big complaints from the TA:TW mod for Medieval 2 was that the Easterling armor was far too 'yellow' and I hope you guys avoid this pitfall.

Although, the shield that Mr.J posted looks -superb- and I could very much get on board with a burnished brown coloring as well.
    Well, according to the lore, the Men of the East were largely in the Bronze Age, and had scale armor of overlapping brazen plates (like the Mongols).

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Laetus

Default Re: [UPD 19/03/15] Preview Thread: Easterlings

Any progress with the Easterlings?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric92 View Post
    Any progress with the Easterlings?
    I've recently taken over this faction. I'm supplied with proper mesh for the Balchoth soldier, but it still needs some tweaking before I can move onto the highpoly version and create textures. Unfortunately, as I soon as took over I got busy with other things, mostly school, so I haven't made any progress so far.

YAyayayay i was really hoping this faction would get some of your loving Enpremi, they really need some loving, cant wait to see progress soon! No rush

I really hope to see some golden kataphract Armour you talented er <3

P.s. I think i need mental help. All the models you and Mr J do get me hard.
    Last edited by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf; November 24, 2015 at 06:18 PM.
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

Berem's Avatar Libertus
    ...Brasil, Santa Catarina, Florianópolis...

Quote Originally Posted by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf View Post
    YAyayayay i was really hoping this faction would get some of your loving Enpremi, they really need some loving, cant wait to see progress soon! No rush

I really hope to see some golden kataphract Armour you talented er <3

P.s. I think i need mental help. All the models you and Mr J do get me hard.
    You know, you need no ing help, it is "just" that you are from Tenerife and I from Brasil, you must have in you <<I presume>> Spanish ascendency, so you have "El Fuego" in your blood, entrails and your body, so it is easier to get stiffy ; I myself have Italian ascendency, it is almost the same or better yet!

P.S.: But if you get hard so easily just with that, that can be a practical problem! But it is true that shining pre-alpha swag is awesome!
    P.P.S.: Imagine the effect the more high poly or more polished stuff will cause!!! Há há há
    Last edited by Berem; November 25, 2015 at 08:42 PM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You see, my friend, or should I say foe: the truth has died so long ago, that I shall not find her headstone!

Yeah man I'm just a special snowflake when it comes down to Mods for Total war.
    I'm actually British but my dad is Portuguese, so i think so aha.

I just really like voicing my appreciation for the modders because its beautiful work and they're not getting much out of it!
    (Also Enpremi is tempted to make a Windlance for Dale and i love siege equipment so hard it hurts.)
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

The Sun rises in the East
    -erlings!

Havelock Vetinari's Avatar Libertus

They look incredible !
    but that pun ...
    Modding tools for Attila! https://www.change.org/p/total-war-a...ign-map-editor
    Common sense is not so common.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Enpremi View Post
    -erlings!

Both the modelers for the Easterlings have done an excellent job, plus rep to you guys!

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

The scale of the pieces of Armour in relation to each-other is integrated perfectly. Loving the variation of the two reds also!

Cant wait to execute Dwarves with these awesome ers, i remember their banners being bad-ass in the films too.

<you know these would be quite cool with a flame throwing siege weapon type unit if it was possible, not sure why but it feels right>
    Last edited by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf; December 05, 2015 at 10:21 PM.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Enpremi View Post
    -erlings!

great work
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

The Sun has risen!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast