Thread: Modding tutorial threads and how to tag them....

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Modding tutorial threads and how to tag them....

First off, are we tagging them even if they are indexed? (which as far as I know) a lot of the tutorial forums are.

EDIT: I think the tags are here to help non-members to find things via site searches and stuff, in which case the threads would need to be tagged - or we could go down the route of just tagging the index threads to link people to them where they can find what they want.

If we are, how do we want to do it? There have been a few suggestions thrown around here and there, and I think the main idea is something like this:

[GAME tutorial] ; [MODDING AREA]

Does it need to go more specific than that though? I'm not a modder so I don't really know how niche things can get, so like if there was a tutorial on "modding m2tw horse to look different" could that be covered sufficiently with just [m2tw tutorial] ; [unit modelling]?
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; August 11, 2014 at 12:20 PM.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Modding tutorial threads and how to tag them....

That's slightly similar to what we use for the titles in the script, it works very well.

Types of tutorials I've come across thus far: Modelling, Animation, Skinning, Database Editing, Sound (music maybe?), Map Making, and general jack of all trades tutorials.
    We still need a modder to give us some extra info because I'm fairly certain I missed a couple of areas.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!