Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Are there places where history is heavily distorted or even suppressed?

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: Are there places where history is heavily distorted or even suppressed?

Pretty sure Paraguay wanted to intervene in Uruguay, which was the same place Brazil was looking to intervene. Argentina was just collateral.
    Definitely a diplomatic/political blunder on the part of Paraguay.
    On the other hand the Argentinians and Brazilians might have been looking towards an intervention in Paraguay for quite some time.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Default Re: Are there places where history is heavily distorted or even suppressed?

Yeah that is pretty much it, though in fact Brazil did intervene first, with the Argentines in support of the uruguayan colorados (who took power after it) against Aguirre (who Paraguay supported)
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    She backed the Boxers specifically to keep power among the Han. Getting rid of the dirty foreigners was a nice bonus.
    Her goal was "Manchurian monarchy must remain in place", not "Manchurian must remain as ruling class".
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

I read that as I must remain in power as long as I remain alive.

Train successor? Who cares.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

She wanted to stay in power, the Boxers were against Manchurians as monarchs and as a ruling class.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234