Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Patch News for version 1.0

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Patch News for version 1.0

Click here for the first patch

Version 1.1.020 - 11TH AUGUST 2014
    - Reworked strat banner
    * - Adjusted heights for battle field improvement (thanks Voice of Treason)
    - Added health bonus to high-end Acumen levels and levels 2 & 3 Threatres (Gardens)
    - Fixed threshold issues that prevented improving character traits in academies and learning centers
    - Reworked "Belief" trait conversion bonuses
    - Various text fixes
    * - Reworked "owners" of major barbarian regions
    - Provided new Start up file in BAT format - some Virus programs remove the original EXE files as false\positives
    - Fixed Forager trait not limiting extreme Supply loss
    - Rebalanced Shanyue unit stats
    - Corrected ancillary triggers
    - Reduced effects of Governor influence on Order
    - Balanced effects of, and corrected text for, general "religion" traits
    * - Removed a rebel army that was originally garrison in previously removed settlement
    - Updated the ZhanDou or "Disorganized" traits
    - Fixed some missing unit textures
    - Added missing unit info pics
    - Fixed elephants running amok, reduced stats to counter balance removal of that attribute
    - Disabled windowed mode
    * - Added 'Recruitment Limitation' script

* save game incompatible\no effect on save game
    * may cause problems for save games

Last edited by Gigantus; August 11, 2014 at 05:32 AM.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Patch News for version 1.0

Ooo nice, thanks for the hard work!

havuk's Avatar Foederatus

patch compatible with saves?

Blog Entries

"Partially save ineffective" will be the best description - there are campaign script, descr_strat and map changes. Neither of the first two should make a save unplayable, but if you get weird strat graphics issues then it's the map changes.

Downloaded and Installed.
    Just a quick question...I see the patch includes the first map_heights .tga.

Just curious..was there a problem with the second "98% coastline fix" one, or is someone still Geomod tweaking it ( I saw Gig's tutorial links), or did it just miss the cut-off deadline for inclusion?

Nice.

What's the recruitment limit script?

Can a script somehow be added to force a vassal to convert 'religion' to their master? I don't know how easy that would be, quite a but of copy+paste possibly (unless a script is used to generate it).

A small thing I noticed: the threshold for AI demanding I become a vassal/them accepting vassalage could use a tweak. AI demanded I become a vassal of theirs constantly when I was winning the war (granted I had little ability to advance into their territory since I needed to spend some turns garrisoning the border territory I took and waiting for new governors I bribed to arrive there, but the AI had little ability to attack me successfully) and never accepts vassalage unless they are down to the last settlement (vs human). They also accept vassalage a bit too easily to other AI factions.

Another observation I have in the Liu campaign (with missions on) is that I'm at the point where I need to defeat Jingzhou, and Jingzhou just keeps expanding outwards (west/south) while I take their territories, and their province amount is steadily holding despite me taking almost all of their provinces in the central area. (I am out of good governors, which is why I'm delaying attacking anymore until I can somehow find more unaligned to bribe, but I think that I got all of them afaik, I know where most of them are now given I've restarted the campaign so many times). I noticed the campaign requires I destroy Jingzhou, but this seems it will take quite a while. Not sure if good or bad. If I knew it would've taken me so many turns to take out Jingzhou, I would've kept Xia Pi and my other starting cities and let them rebel at the very last minute with full army stacks outside ready to immediately re-take the cities after the mission was complete.

Lastly, I've had a bug where 'man of the hour' adoptions don't work. I can click accept and they aren't adopted.
    There's an old trait system with Zugeliang where he get's 'First Visit', 'Second Visit', 'Third Visit' traits AFTER the events have already fired. I'm assuming this is left over from before the visits were events.

Lastly, *hugs* the mod team. I know I tend to give many reports that require work on, and I appreciate the quick replies.
    Last edited by limith; August 11, 2014 at 02:23 AM.

Civis

Awesome limith beat me to it,i noticed at the beginning now it tells you that you've exceeded the unit limit for your faction size and cant recruit until you expand so im assuming that's the recruitment limitation, does this work with the AI also? and what all does it do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Treason View Post
    Downloaded and Installed.
    Just a quick question...I see the patch includes the first map_heights .tga.

Just curious..was there a problem with the second "98% coastline fix" one, or is someone still Geomod tweaking it ( I saw Gig's tutorial links), or did it just miss the cut-off deadline for inclusion?
    I might have mixed up the two files. We use a bit of code when we upload fixes for inclusion to avoid sequential mistakes and I forgot to add some code to your files. Please indicate which one is the 'smooth coast' one and I will earmark it for the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by limith View Post
    AI demanding I become a vassal/them accepting vassalage
    I am not aware of any changes to the basic behavior apart from what may have been introduced by the XAI settings we are using.

Liu campaign and Jingzhou
    The vagaries of war, what else can I say?

'First Visit', 'Second Visit', 'Third Visit' traits
    Thanks for pointing that out - it is indeed a left over from the previous mission system - those traits and triggers need removal.

Quote Originally Posted by sickNsane View Post
    recruitment limitation
    Works for ALL factions - observation, suggestions are more then welcome as this hasn't been long term tested.

@ Gig
    This one here in post # 8
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14014548
    Marked as coast 7z. Highlighted difference in pic

It is only cosmetic, so it doesn't affect BETA TESTING FOR THIS CURRENT PATCH (any player read this)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gig.png  

Blog Entries

Yup, looks good - mix up on my side. Anyone wants to use it: extract in the world\maps\base folder and delete the map.rwm file

Edit: overlooked this query
    Can a script somehow be added to force a vassal to convert 'religion' to their master? I don't know how easy that would be, quite a but of copy+paste possibly (unless a script is used to generate it).
    While the conversion of faction religion is standard scripting, testing for a vassal is not possible.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 11, 2014 at 04:23 AM.

Quick question. There is a purpose

I can use GEOMOD to access to all my other Kingdoms Mods, mess around, save etc no problems.
    With ROTK, I’m having trouble. It seems I can access but...

every time I try to intentionally save..or just close down/log out without any amendments...it craps out at 99% (the descr_strat part. It even wipes elements of the descr_strat from 340KB to 263ish..the resources disappear amongst other things)

I've tried with 99% save.. then manual new descr_strat, then manual delete map.rwn then the Historic events bin jibbber jibber blah blah...tried changing comma spaces in the strat etc etc,but all to no avail.

Are any members using workarounds..(or just doing improvised editing etc), or does your GEOMOD all work fine with ROTK, especially with the save?

Blog Entries

I will have to check descr_strat - RotK was Geomod compatible before. Forgetting a comma in the resources or doing some stupid coding like forgetting 'male' in the character line (which the game ignores) will drive Geomod bananas.

Edit:
    Yup, major scramble and it's not the resources. It will boil down to do a 'validate' of all elements - characters, settlements, family trees, win conditions and factions. The whole works. Somewhere is a fault and it is most likely a silly one, seeing that the game hasn't got a problem with it.
    Note: validate rewrites the relevant entry in the way Geomod expects it. The rewrite isn't permanent until you save it. Which means if you don't know where the problem is (as in this case) you have to validate EVERYTHING before saving.

It will be a good idea to take the 'wonder' resources out first as Geomod will re-arrange them like regular resources.

If I have time and really need to do some script stuff (map stuff isn't a problem) then I will sit down and try to make it Geomod compatible.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 11, 2014 at 09:13 AM.

In descr_strat, this line
    pirate_spawn_value 80 [][][] has these box characters to the right of it, 3 boxes?
    i tried deleting them manually, but still no joy
    EDIT, maybe your "validate will fix"

The reason for asking is there are some SAFETY PRECAUTIONARY precision edits (example Han Jia valley stuff) that would take me 5 minutes to edit/test..but i cant access GEOMOD, I would have fixed it myself then uploaded, that's all i'm asking for

Blog Entries

Uh oh, let me check that - seems to be an EOL formatting issue.

Edit:
    Now you scared me, can't see anything like that in either Notepad or the ++Notepad.
    Encoding is in ANSI and EOL formatting is in windows style, so that seems fine.

There is however a missing CR (carriage return) in the line after the pirate spawn, that may explain the symbols you see. Deleting that row should fix it. Now where is that tutorial withnwar wrote about fixing this via ++ find\replace....
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 11, 2014 at 09:34 AM.

Pic of the boxes
    edit, sorry i don't know what carriage return means or coding etc..i'm lost
    but
    if it turns out that it is something you can fix could you just upload a new descr_strat in a zip so i can test?
    (I may have misunderstood all this..if so just ignore) this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails strat.png  
    Last edited by Voice of Treason; August 11, 2014 at 09:46 AM. Reason: edit

Blog Entries

Simply delete the boxes and the next line, that will fix it.

Patch 1 Update :Nanman Faction: Assassins enabled.

Just a little structured feedback...proving very positive

Superb. Very enjoyable ( I know nothing of this era beyond a copy of Sun Tzu so very refreshing) Fantastic battle model units once you get fighting.

Like Limith post #6 I have had the “man of the Hour” not accepting glitch.

Had only 1 CTD (Though I was playtesting for trouble spots) the Yue Xi to Han Jia valley can be tight especially around the combat zone of Han Jia itself against multiple armies.

Thought the Slave (rebel) grey flag was too similar to Nanman itself so I'm trying random example color for now, using in descr_sm_factions RGB 169,131,79 (ooops the pic says 16 instead of 169)

Must get on with real life for now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Patch 1 update.jpg  
    Last edited by Voice of Treason; August 11, 2014 at 12:16 PM. Reason: context

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Lastly, I've had a bug where 'man of the hour' adoptions don't work. I can click accept and they aren't adopted.
    Gig believes this is because of the ratio of generals to regions; too high of a ratio causes the adoption to not go through.

There's an old trait system with Zugeliang where he get's 'First Visit', 'Second Visit', 'Third Visit' traits AFTER the events have already fired. I'm assuming this is left over from before the visits were events.
    Those actually aren't old mission traits, those are FEATS specifically for Zhuge Liang. Dozens of character have unique FEATS, which details important events and stories relating to that character and which trigger after specific circumstances. Those "Visit" traits are actually not a part of the mission system, but do coincide with them, and need to be in as they give a necessary bonus at the end of the trait line as well as tells an interesting story.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

nanman get snow lol

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Trust me, I've complained about that forever
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast