Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crysis 2007 the crappiest game of all time

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Icon1 Crysis 2007 the crappiest game of all time

Im playing this game for the first time. And after two hours and more from the start of the campaign (playing at delta difficulty), i can clearly and easily say that Crysis 2007 is the and most overrated game i ever played after Rome 2, Enter The Matrix and few others.

Graphically, at the time, looked like it was the best graphics of this millennium but it's all just overrated. Some low res textures all over the map, items and landscapes rendered like crap mostly, flowers full of glitches (they bright like a comet), and so forth. Is this Cry Engine or Nintendo Nes?!? Dont see any difference. (my settings are on ultra high for the record)

Audio stuttering since forever. A guy is talking to me and then grgrggrrggrrgrgrrgrgrgr (not a walky talkie chit chat), then the mission begins again and grggrgrgrgrggrrggrgrr. I'm into the wild, enjoying the beauty of squirrels in heat and then bfbrbgfgdggbbgebgfbgsdbfgbfs. Had to decrease manually the quality of audio on my soundcard to have few benefits

Gamepad not optimised. I cannot choose my buttons at all and they are set by default like shite. One assumes being this a fps the controls are the same for this genre of games but its not. LT instead of being the aiming is the suit menu. To aim i have to press LT!!!!! And it gets complicated when shooting button is RT!!! Crouch button becomes the analogic lever held down but analogic lever is also forward movement and if i have to walk forward and crouch and aim and fire at the same time, you need to be an octopus to be able to do this. Apart all this the Xbox 360 controller works fine, if it wasnt for that little thing that sometimes the gamepad enters in conflict with the mouse and the visual starts lagging and shaking like it was hit by an earthquake.

Cool i have a nanotech whatever suit but cannot be upgrated through perks or skill points of any type. Camoflauge lasts 2 seconds while moving, shield the same. strength ability is useless. Yes i can jump higher one may say, but is just futile considering you can bypass the height of a rock simply walking around

The missions are all the same and freaking boring.

Mission 1: You start from point A and you have to reach point B on the far side of the island. In the middle you always find villages with items that cannot be looted apart ammos so totally pointless, respawned enemies patrolling trails or the shores and one cannot do a ing two minutes walk alone withouth being intercepted by the same retards in the same spots.

Mission 2: You start from point A and you have to reach point B on the far side of the island. In the middle you always find villages with items that cannot be looted apart ammos so totally pointless, respawned enemies patrolling trails or the shores and one cannot do a ing two minutes walk alone withouth being intercepted by the same retards in the same spots.

Mission 23: You start from point A and you have to reach point B on the far side of the island. In the middle you always find villages with items that cannot be looted apart ammos so totally pointless, respawned enemies patrolling trails or the shores and once cannot do a ing two minutes walk alone withouth being intercepted by the same retards in the same spots.

Freedom to complete the missions as you like. WOWOWOWO super cool, i can take a longer and safer route through the forest but hey... trees treees trees, stream, waterfall, treees treees treees trees trees, oh a mountain.. trees trees trees trees trees trees, i can see a beach.. pointless village with respawned enemies, trees trees trees trees. There is no purpose of visiting the island because THERE IS NOTHING TO LOOK AT. In FC 3 at least there were bunkers, ruins, hidden shrines, underwater ruins, towns, villages, secret areas, temples, secret passages, shipwrecks.

Playing at Delta difficulty i can understand the game has to be harder than the easy one.. but now it is just ridiculous and absurd simply out of reality. Im walking and sneaking behind trees to reach point Z in a cliff, the first two guys patrolling the area are like 900 yards farthest from me and guess what?!?!? THEY CAN SEE ME!!!!! (infact they start firing) Probably they are equipped with nasa telescopes!!!

Then a guy fires at me and hits me despite the fact that i was hiding behind 4 reinforced concrete walls, 4 metal walls, 14 sandbags 5 tires and a woodpile 12 feet large. Robocop cant do any better

Default Re: Crysis 2007 the crapest game of all time

Well that's nice. I for one loved the part of Crysis that involves fighting the formidable Korean AI. Once the Aliens get in....not so much.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The crappiest game of all time? I can think of far more deserving games.

One of the prerogative of playing Delta is that enemies will speak Korean. But what is the difference between the koreans speaking korean and koreans speaking english? NONE. Because in easier levels they just say... aaaaaammmeerricannn... playing Delta i imagine they will say american but in korean right?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Occhi Di Davide View Post
    One of the prerogative of playing Delta is that enemies will speak Korean. But what is the difference between the koreans speaking korean and koreans speaking english? NONE. Because in easier levels they just say... aaaaaammmeerricannn... playing Delta i imagine they will say american but in korean right?

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Okay.

Firstly, i should put a attractive headline so people read my crap.
    Secondly, i will write a bit longer so people see i'm the real deal.
    Thirdly, i write cleverly so it would conceal my imcompetence.

Man there are many crappy games in gaming history and Crysis 1 is FAR FAR FAR away from that.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

People tend to be over dramatic.. trust me, the worst games are NOT the mainstream stuff... its all kinds of obscure stuff that practicly no one ever heard of for good reason.

For me, Metal Dungeon scores very high though there's probably even worse out there.

Edelfred's Avatar Semisalis

Don't know I remember being a great fan of RTW played 50 mods and 300 campaigns .
    But now I think how primitive the battles mechanics were and despair for time wasted
    I guess it was more due to excitment to play such long gone nations like Carthage or Dacia has made me so excited .
    Same goes for Crysis people liked visuals or something else at that time 2007 .
    Har du inte levt mitt liv
    Vet du ingenting
    Laglöst Land

I had lots of fun with Crysis Warhead, your energy is more forgiving, and there is more Korean solders, so I constantly went all predator on them (without guns).

About the OP.

1. Why are you using an Xbox Controller for a FPS game on pc? That makes no bloody sense to me. Usually controllers are used for action-adventure, hack/slash, fighting and sports games.
    2. Why play on highest difficulty if you don't like it? You could you know lower it?

But I agree with the Graphics, I remember when the game came out it was like a year or two after CoD Modern Warfare, Oblivion, Mediveal Total War 2 etc... I found it incredibly average. However it's not the graphics as much as the engine, with it's advanced physics that was impressive. How you can punch down a entire house and how the objects reacted was well ahead of it's time.
    But now I think how primitive the battles mechanics were and despair for time wasted
    Funny you should say that, because those same battle mechanics are still unsurpassed, not even by mtw2.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; August 11, 2014 at 04:10 AM.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

I thought the first Crysis was a fantastic fps, especially with mods to compliment it. Because the graphics were far far ahead of it's time, somehow people thought that same standard should be held to it's gameplay, even though the gameplay is richer and more enjoyable than the likes of most other FPS's even today.

1. With Far Cry, COD and other FPS. it's easy to play with a gampad. Thought Crysis wasnt an exception. But i was mistaken
    2. I always play games at highest difficulty. Beating a 70 euro game at lowest difficulty in 5 hours is a waste of money and you do not enjoy what you bought

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Okay.

Firstly, i should put a attractive headline so people read my crap.
    Secondly, i will write a bit longer so people see i'm the real deal.
    Thirdly, i write cleverly so it would conceal my imcompetence.

Man there are many crappy games in gaming history and Crysis 1 is FAR FAR FAR away from that.

No. The ratings magazines gave to Crysis 1 at the time were just because game was a graphics festival for past standards, or at least it's what they thought after years of PHOTOSHOPPED screenshots released to the audience, with reviewers looking at pictures and saying oohhh look at that how real does this palm look like. But in reality, exactly as the other user said before, graphics was average even at the time of release in 2007. Like Rome 2, from beta previews the game looked magnificent and once released graphics was . The extreme lacking of decent rendering of Crytech Engine here can be seen with modern gpus playing at ultra details. Being this game extremely expensive in hardware for a 2007 configuration, very few people at the time could play it at full detail and notice the defects of this engine like i do now. Flowers are rendered like , rocks are rendered like , leaves are rendered like . Trees are rendered like . Water or streams or sea are not even that wow i read about in the reviews. Seen far better water surfaces around.

Yeee innovative physics my ass, you can take down a slum for sure with a panzerfaust, but at the same time i've seen two tanks firing with their cannons at an house or wooden and metal items/things nearby and did NO DAMAGE at all. Like if their bullets were made of plastic. And there is no great physics even when you fire at the vegetation. For instance i've been firing to trees and plants till i ran out of ammos and result was i took down a single trees out of 30.000 ones i fired to. ONE!!!!
    Last edited by DAVIDE; August 11, 2014 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneckie View Post
    I thought the first Crysis was a fantastic fps, especially with mods to compliment it. Because the graphics were far far ahead of it's time, somehow people thought that same standard should be held to it's gameplay, even though the gameplay is richer and more enjoyable than the likes of most other FPS's even today.

Well not many competition in that regard. It gave you a lot of freedom to around with the Koreans.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; August 11, 2014 at 06:13 AM.

"..Ameeerican!!!" lol. Perhaps it's better i play directly Crysis 3. Maybe this one is decent at least. This franchise is disappointing me alot

2. I always play games at highest difficulty. Beating a 70 euro game at lowest difficulty in 5 hours is a waste of money and you do not enjoy what you bought
    But you don't enjoy it specifically because of the unreasonable difficulty. Have you tried lowering it?

Also what are you saying, that because a game is expensive you should forcefully play it longer? Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Funny you should say that, because those same battle mechanics are still unsurpassed, not even by mtw2.
    No they're not. RTW was basically hammer and anvil all the way through with unbeatable phalanxes. All those siege battles deploying phalanx units in triangles behind the walls *shudders*

But whatever, it's not a thread about RTW

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    But you don't enjoy it specifically because of the unreasonable difficulty. Have you tried lowering it?

Also what are you saying, that because a game is expensive you should forcefully play it longer? Or something like that.
    For now i keep playing Delta. Initially i was dyeing like 50 times per mission but now can handle it.. of course once you find out the way to survive. Mine is an extreme stealth approach like if i were Predator the alien. Never leave the woods until koreans are all dead and i camoflauge myself remaining immobile as much as i can (moving consumes camoflauge effect as you know).

If things will get nasty later on in the game then i can decrease a little bit the difficulty.

Yes it's what i said, i always play at highest difficulty. Because it's challenging and because the game lasts longer.

Going off topic, suggest you to play THE DARK EYE: CHAINS OF SATINAV. It's an old school point and click adventure game. Released like two years ago but magazines gave it a 8.5 rating and playing it i found myself to agree with them. Gets me completely and the plot is excellent

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

The current version of the engine is nice, no one cares about the game since its a 7 year old shooter. Other than TF2 is there anything from 2007 worth playing?
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

There are more games from 2007 worth playing than those being released this and the past year
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

hehehe looks like you dived headfirst into highest difficulty, became frustrated, and then raged about it here.

Playing on the normal difficulty I found Crysis to be an extremely solid shooter with a lot of variety. I could stealth, run&gun or hit&run quite effectively. Some mission I'd kill everyone and others I'd sneak in for the objective and kill sparingly using the stealth to great effect. Sometimes I'd decide something wasn't worth the trouble halfway through an steal walk past everyone, carefully sticking to cover which worked on normal.
    Game was pretty enough for me at the time. Then again I wasn't judging it retrospectively the better part of a decade later. And I used a damn mouse and keyboard for Talos sake.

Bang Bang Mission 1: You start from point A and you have to reach point B on the far side of the island. In the middle you always find villages places with items that cannot be looted apart ammos so totally pointless, respawned enemies patrolling trails or the shores and one cannot do a ing two minutes walk alone withouth being intercepted by the same retards in the same spots.
    Every. Shooter. Ever.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast