Thread: Morose & Verbose - Commentary Thread

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

Default Morose & Verbose - Commentary Thread

Should you want to comment on my ramblings, please do so here at your own convenience...

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Morose & Verbose - Commentary Thread

Glad to see you got the thread opened.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

I love seeing a new, active electronic quill on here!

Welcome, esaciar!

It's funny how people think that teachers get it easy. They really don't (even as a student I can see that). Especially with some of the kids out there, especially in high school. Can I ask what made you want to become a primary school teacher?

And thanks for reducing the world'a stupidity a bit everyday,

Merchant of Venice

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

Thank you for the support - and for reading my ramblings!

Various things came together to inspire me to become a primary teacher. My aunt, uncle and grandmother all worked in education and I spoke in detail to them before making the decision. They all said the same thing - it's going to be hard, but everyday is different and rewarding. Before that, I'd considered being a paramedic, working on cargo ships like my father had done early on in his career, even lorry driving! I wanted my job to be an adventure - not necessarily physically, but mentally. I wanted to be challenged and to have an 'experience' within my role - not just clock in and clock out. It sounded like it ticked all the boxes and so, admittedly with a great deal of hesitation, I took the plunge. I wasn't sure if I had made the right choice for a long time.

I was 22 when I began my degree studies in teaching. Most of it was 'on the job' training, case studies and evidence gathering. I qualified in one year and felt completely out of my depth for a good while. I was largely self-taught because the theory was really lacking during the course of my studies and so much of it was practical experience. The theory was something I had to study on my own and get my head around. I can see why something like 55% of teachers leave the profession within 5 years now...

But I stuck it out and now I have carved out a career I am proud of and I am doing well for myself and my family.

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

Excellent blog, sir. I'm looking into becoming a Primary School teacher myself, though I've not gotten there yet. Anyroad, keep up the writing!