Thread: Jeff van Dyck Music Suggestion

dalapto's Avatar Libertus

Icon3 Jeff van Dyck Music Suggestion

I know music at this stage of development is not as important as other features but I think you should use some music from Emperor Rise of the Middle Kingdom, done by Jeff van Dyck (known for excellence) as most of it fits perfectly with the mod's setting, particularly in battles. I just feel that some of the orchestral songs fit in more in Empire/Napoleon rather than in c.100-200AD China.

E.g. Sunset Ceremony & Himalaylan Echoes are perfect for the march stage in battle.

http://jeffvandyck.com/games/emperor...iddle-kingdom/

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Jeff van Dyck Music Suggestion

Loved that game - did some play testing for Gweilo's mods (as Um Lei Tung at heavengames.com) and generally had fun, but then I've been a sucker for city planning games anyhow. I trust Seether will know if the tracks can be used for our mod. Thanks for the suggestion.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

There are a few song there that we could possible add or use to replace in the mod. Thanks for the link and suggestions!
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

is it copyright ok?

dalapto's Avatar Libertus

Copyright shouldn't be a problem, look at Third Age Total War and all of the Lord of the Rings Music used.
    Also, I believe the studio that made Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom no longer exists sadly, so I don't think anyone will mind too much.

SamueleD's Avatar Campidoctor

I would recommend it too: some of the tracks remind me of Medieval I, but with an eastern take. It would be great if it could be included in the next patch/release!

Edit: the soundtrack from Guild Wars Factions also has some appropriate music, though I don't know if it's use for the mod would be legal.
    Last edited by SamueleD; August 12, 2014 at 01:14 PM.