Thread: Installed it but can't even start it...

Default Installed it but can't even start it...

I installed both parts to the steam/m2tw folder, I tried running the bat file which doesn't work. I then started to resort to several launcher tools to try and get the mod running, but some of them don't even work or can't detect the mod at all.. What am I doing wrong?

After browsing through countless posts and possible fixes I was about to give up. But then I tried one final simple thing and it was to rename this mod's folder to americas and launched that through steam. I actually got into the game this time and there's a weird random crash whenever I try to choose a faction, but for the rest it seems to work fine.
    Last edited by Byakkotai; August 11, 2014 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Found a fix(hopefully)

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Installed it but can't even start it...

Hi mate, I have the same trouble as you, as far as I get is to the splash screen and then CTD, I surely hope there is another way to start the mod, apart from the old school renaming folders.
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I can't remember the post exactly but it involves editing the .bat file (or maybe the .cfg one) to change the path from kingdoms to m2tw because of the Steam update that merged Vanilla and Kingdoms into 2 separate games.

I'll try and get someone who knows what to do to drop a post here.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Quote Originally Posted by Byakkotai View Post
    After browsing through countless posts and possible fixes I was about to give up. But then I tried one final simple thing and it was to rename this mod's folder to americas and launched that through steam. I actually got into the game this time and there's a weird random crash whenever I try to choose a faction, but for the rest it seems to work fine.
    Bat files works similarly the way you select one of the four expansions from the launcher. For the bat file to work one needs to have it properly configured and make sure the folder paths and locations are correct.

As for the random crash during scrolling through the faction, then it's a common bug when several factions are added into a mod. There's a fix for that as well, contact the mod leader and inform him of this bug. The bug fix was released by uanime5.

edit:
    Check post #618. Download the attachment and modify the .bat file in notepad to the actual folder name of this mod, by just replacing DBM to the folder name of this mod. Save and launch it from desktop. Remember to use the proper version as per your windows copy.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13056907
    Last edited by Ishan; August 25, 2014 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    edit:
    Check post #618. Download the attachment and modify the .bat file in notepad to the actual folder name of this mod, by just replacing DBM to the folder name of this mod. Save and launch it from desktop. Remember to use the proper version as per your windows copy.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13056907
    I tried to do what you said and it brings me to the original game. Probably I'm doing sth wrong. I changed the downloaded file to "expanded_americas3.3" as the mod folder is named and then replaced the .bat file in the mod folder for the new .bat file. I don't understand what do you mean by .bat file in notepad.

Thank you in advanced

I tried by changing the folder name to americas and run it through steam and it worked! No crash when choosing factions. Thank you Byakkotai

I downloaded it from Gamefront and ran the installer, put it in the mods folder (steam version) realized there wasnt a expanded americas folder made one and it doesnt run at all. Tried changing the name to americas to see if it'll run that way but it just crashes. No idea what i did wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorEarl12 View Post
    I downloaded it from Gamefront and ran the installer, put it in the mods folder (steam version) realized there wasnt a expanded americas folder made one and it doesnt run at all. Tried changing the name to americas to see if it'll run that way but it just crashes. No idea what i did wrong.
    Also i looked through all the files and cant find a .bat file?