Thread: whar daughter do? and how to get rid my daughter?

Default whar daughter do? and how to get rid my daughter?

i have 2 daughter and 3 son, i think daughter cant do anything, no trait given so what'd they really do in game?
    also i want to get rid daughters so i cant adopt my general become my son.
    how to do that? i cant offer her to marry with another clan son. i cant offer her as hostage either, so i cant betray the approriate clan then they'll kill the hostage.

Default Re: whar daughter do? and how to get rid my daughter?

What kind of Father are you?
    Getting rid of your daughter... shame on you.

You can either marry them to one of your Generals or if another Clan has a heir in the right age you can offer her for marriage this guy.

Marry your daughter to the general you want to adopt. That is actually better than adopting because it wont upset your sons who are of age. Or if you really want to adopt the general instead (perhaps your daughter has a bad trait) than marry her off to a clan you want better relations with.

Daughters are useful in securing the loyalty of another clan in the final turn before the Realm Divide. Just before you trigger it, marry a daughter into every clan you wish to remain allied to you. It gives you an immediate relationship bonus with that clan of +100 which should ensure that they don't declare war on you immediately. However, be aware that this bonus degrades over time as the husband get tired of his new wife. So, it will only delay the impact of the RD penalty.

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

I remember reading in the wiki that marring off your daughter to someone from another clan, could give you claim to their lands if your daughter has a son. I've never see it happen though.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Just marry your daughter (if she is of age) to one of your generals and they become part of your family.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō