Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED] New Roman Roster Overhaul

Default Re: [RELEASED] New Roman Roster Overhaul

I would love to see Franks throwing Franciscas.. I saw some guys that changed the models of javelins thrown into rocks or heads, so maybe axes are possible.
    Last edited by andrew881thebest; August 13, 2014 at 09:07 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrew881thebest youtube channel dedicated to rome 2 machinimas and movie battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOCm5MJJ14 battle in Germany from "Gladiator" movie remade

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I think that you may add Equites Clibanarii Sagitarii as well! Their development (in the east side of the empire) was created as counter measure to Sassanids.
    EDIT: The diference between them and Sassind "clibanarii archers" must be in their archery tactics:
    According to the descriptions of Belisarius was Roman horsearchers (in your timeframe only the ones i mention) used their bows in slow rate of fire , not on the move to achieve maximum accuracy.
    Sassanids used their bows in longer distance , with greater rate of fire to disheart enemies and force them brake their formations.
    So Sassinds must have better rate of fire, longer range, less accuracy and greater charge points!!!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

and we need Huns... then Gothic cavalry could have some kind of stirrups.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrew881thebest youtube channel dedicated to rome 2 machinimas and movie battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOCm5MJJ14 battle in Germany from "Gladiator" movie remade

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

Quote Originally Posted by andrew881thebest View Post
    now I hope Creative Assembly will read this: how is it possible that private people do better and more accurate models and overhauls for free than professional guys very well payed?
    The reason why they should stop with their non-sense unit packs and mini-campaigns, but work on that real redesign and fixing of those streamlined and generic game features.

I think Ahiga does have something in the works with throwing axes.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Hetairos View Post
    The reason why they should stop with their non-sense unit packs and mini-campaigns, but work on that real redesign and fixing of those streamlined and generic game features.
    if their stupid unit packs done mixing same models and armors already in vanilla game are worth 4/5 Euro I guess this overhaul should be worth 60 or 70.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew881thebest View Post
    I would love to see Franks throwing Franciscas.. I saw some guys that changed the models of javelins thrown into rocks or heads, so maybe axes are possible.
    There should be a unit ingame of Frankish Foederati. I had them replace a gallic mercenary unit. As time goes on we'll see to the Franks (and Alamanni and other West Germans) having them in their own rosters. And if it's not available right now we'll see to that soon too. Though at the moment I am not sure if the francisca projectile has different stats than a javelin - one of the many things we will be attending to.

AnthoniusII: I was waiting till I get to the Sassanids, as I want to see if my theory of having a cavalry unit charge with the lance, melee with swords/maces/ect., and shoot the bow but not as skirmishers who run away, is viable. When I can do that, I'll re-add in a bow/lance Sassanian style cataphract to the Romans (presumably limited to the Danube and East AOR).
    Last edited by Ahiga; August 13, 2014 at 01:41 PM.

I will add back in the Mer_ unit you are referring to. I wasn't sure if it was completed yet or not in terms of the throwing axes.

Edit: I also added in their correct description and the unit card you made. Their unit variant was set strangely so that is why I wasn't sure they were done. So, next update we will have Frankish axe throwing maniacs.
    Last edited by Dresden; August 13, 2014 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    There should be a unit ingame of Frankish Foederati. I had them replace a gallic mercenary unit. As time goes on we'll see to the Franks (and Alamanni and other West Germans) having them in their own rosters. And if it's not available right now we'll see to that soon too. Though at the moment I am not sure if the francisca projectile has different stats than a javelin - one of the many things we will be attending to.

AnthoniusII: I was waiting till I get to the Sassanids, as I want to see if my theory of having a cavalry unit charge with the lance, melee with swords/maces/ect., and shoot the bow but not as skirmishers who run away, is viable. When I can do that, I'll re-add in a bow/lance Sassanian style cataphract to the Romans (presumably limited to the Danube and East AOR).
    I have used that unit (I tried every unit in the game) but I did not notice throwing axes ability. Do axes rotate and maybe bounce in Shields? (peculiar effect of Franciscas was to bounce on Shields of back rows into the heads of front rows).

They rotate, they may bounce, not sure if they properly appear when they hit a shield or if there isn't a visual of it sticking in the shield.

Thanks Dresden.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Played the mod today with the new Roman Roster, wow! Just Wow!! This is so awesome, a HUGE thanks to everybody who worked on it.
    You guys have pretty much created a mod similar to the Invasio Barbarorum series for Rome 1, which basically was and still is my favourite mod-series for Rome 1.

Constantine Rise of Christianity has taken Rome 2 to a whole new level for me, loving it and I'll spend many hours playing it

Update August 13
    - Fixed many missing textures and added texture variation.
    - Fixed pants clipping legs and Roman skin variants.
    - Fixed Foederati units missing hair/beards.
    - Added Frankish unit with throwing axes (while charging) to Roman auxiliaries.
    - Various German units now have throwing axes rather than javelins when charging.

New axe throwers:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Nice, does this mean the use of plumbata is also possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Update August 13
    - Fixed many missing textures and added texture variation.
    - Fixed pants clipping legs and Roman skin variants.
    - Fixed Foederati units missing hair/beards.
    - Added Frankish unit with throwing axes (while charging) to Roman auxiliaries.
    - Various German units now have throwing axes rather than javelins when charging.

New axe throwers:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    wow you guys made my ideal game become reality.

Simply awesome, thank you very much for your effort guys. BRAVOĦ

Updated today - should work with the latest CA "DLC"

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

Very nicely done, I'll make the Arab rosters soon, Ghassanid, Lakhmid, Kindah and Hijazi bedouin respectively using these new helmets.

It will probably be a while though since I'm officially helping Magnar Mod and Age of Bronze.

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Brivime View Post
    Very nicely done, I'll make the Arab rosters soon, Ghassanid, Lakhmid, Kindah and Hijazi bedouin respectively using these new helmets.

It will probably be a while though since I'm officially helping Magnar Mod and Age of Bronze.
    You're a machine though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    They rotate, they may bounce, not sure if they properly appear when they hit a shield or if there isn't a visual of it sticking in the shield.

Thanks Dresden.
    I noticed that axes get stuck in my guys, more than one usually, from the shafts, which is a bit strange to see, like a guy with 3 axes coming out of his head. Maybe you can fix it.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Great work gentlemen...
    In fact this mod is the only mod worth someone to wait for!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast