Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED] New Roman Roster Overhaul

Icon4 [RELEASED] New Roman Roster Overhaul

Roman Roster Overhaul - Released

Thanks to the hard work and diligent perseverance of Ahiga, I present to you many of the new units that will be a part of our Roman Recruitment overhaul.
    Now Released - Download Page

General Information
    - 35 completely new and unique units with custom textures and models that accurately represent the Roman army during this time period.
    - Some of these units will be based in specific regions, like the Foederati in German lands, and can be recruited as auxiliaries by Roman factions.
    - Roman starting armies will be revamped to include these new unit types.
    - This update will also contain a battle system update based on the Lines of Battle mod by 'Gunny and Ahiga.
    - Larger unit sizes for most units.
    - Custom unit cards based on Bullgod's style.
    - This update will be presented in a separate version from the basic Constantine mod. If you get it on Steam, it will be in 2 parts (basic mod + new mod)

Unit Previews
    -The following units are from Constantinus' army. Each Roman army has their own look in terms of shields.
    -Not all new units are shown, many more to be found in game.

Foederati Franci Armati (Frankish Axe Throwers)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Domestici Equites

Equites Cataphractii
    Equites Clibanarii

Equites Sagitarii

Equites Mauri

Equit
    es Auxiliares

Equites Illyricani

Equites Foederati

Auxilium Milites

Auxilium Hastati

Legio Milites

Cohors Aquila

Cohors Palatina

Foederati Auxilium Milites

Foederati Milites

Leg
    io Comitatus Hastati

Legio Comitatus Milites

Legio Hastati

Last edited by Dresden; August 13, 2014 at 09:13 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [PREVIEW] New Roman Roster Overhaul

Good god this looks amazing! Ahiga you've outdone yourself with this, I'm very impressed!

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Outstanding!!
    Can't wait to play with these beautiful and historically accurate units!

You guys have basically done 'Barbarian Invasion II'

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

Been looking forward for this mod! +rep to Ahiga and Dresden for a job well done .

PS. You guys should request for a front page ad..

Excellent work and dedication by Ahiga, is this the definitive roman roster? or you will continue to update it even though your focus will no longer be necessarily on the romans?. Is there a planned released date for this update?

Well, given the size and amount of work done...I am fairly certain this will be the set Roman roster for the foreseeable future. I am currently working on changing many elements of the startpos and the basic mod so I do not have a timetable. Hopefully within the next week or so.

Planned Roman Roster:

Core Units (recruitable in owned Roman regions at campaign start)
    Equites Auxiliares
    Auxilium Hastati
    Equites Cataphractii
    Equites Sagitarii
    Equites Clibanarii
    Sagitarii
    Lanciarii
    Funditores
    Equites Illyricani
    Legio Comitatus Milites
    Auxilium Milites
    Domestici Equites (General unit only)
    Equites Promoti
    Legio Comitatus Hastati
    Civitas Armati
    Equites Palatina
    Cohors Palatina
    Auxilium Palatina
    Legio Milites
    Legio Hastati
    Cohors Aquila (not recruitable, exist in each starting legion)

Regional Recruitment (recruitable from various locations depending on culture)
    Equites Mauri
    Exculatores Mauri
    Foederati Equites
    Foederati Equites Auxiliares
    Foederati Milites
    Foederati Auxilium Milites
    Sagitarii Indigenae
    Equites Satarii Indigenae
    Foederati Sagitarii
    Foederati Funditores
    Foederati Hastati
    Foederati Exculatores
    Foederati Franci Amati

Appreciate the kind words everyone and appreciate Dresden's hard work putting it together. I'd want to stress of course that my own work, beyond compiling the models together, was part of a greater composite of so many great contributors - Imperator of Rome, M&B's Song of Taleisin, my friend Kuauik of 1257/Shadows in the Desert fame for teaching me so much of texturing, Razor of Fall of Rome for all those helmets and Dracos, Dejawolf's spears (and I think a few helmets), Counterpoint's Helmets, CA's original artists. Not to mention the inspirations of Invasio Barbarorum and the help in research from quite a number of you. And if I am forgetting anyone I do apologize.

Regarding more units for the Romans, I am working on both Lines of battle and Constantine: Rise of Christianity so it's pretty taxing. Unless there's some exceptional concept for the Romans I come across I can't see myself returning to work on them too much. They will probably be able to benefit indirectly when we start to deal with mercenaries or the creation of mercenaries/AOR troops from other cultures (Sarmatians, Huns, Iranians, ect.).

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Looks excellent, I love the realistic tone the soldiers have, not overly bright colours etc.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

I have Rome II on my PC and I don't play it that much, but you are forcing me not to uninstall it until I give your mod a shot.

Cheers

So happy I'm gonna cancel my holidays D

Stat rosa pristina nomine nomina nuda tenemus

Truly amazing work guys! :O

Amazing work

Yup I came. Amazing job guys, can't wait till this mod is fully finished with all the units. The late empire is a lot more interesting than the rise I think!

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Absolutely fantastic - I can't wait!

TWC Version has been released - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pdate-July-27)

The Steam version is also now available.
    Last edited by Dresden; August 12, 2014 at 08:55 PM.

Default Re: [RELEASED] New Roman Roster Overhaul

Guys, this is really amazing. I waited for this for so long. Now it is here and everything is perfect, exactly as I imagined. I could not think of something better. Thanks a lot for your efforts. This will be probably the best mod ever made for rome 2.
    Don't be angry but I have Only one very small thing to notice... the names. Hastati? cohors? I would have chosen names like "legio comitatenses"+the name of the legion. I don't think there was a difference between legio comitatenses and normal legions. With the exception of scholae and domestici, all battle army, either infantry legions or Vexillationes cavalry, was "comitatenses" or Palatina in some cases. But there was between comitatenses and riparii/Limitanei. So maybe you could add "limitanei" with no armor and worse equipment, like it was.
    In brief synthesis late Roman army was divided into Scholae, Domestici, Vexillationes, Legiones, auxilia. These last 3 are divided into palatinae or comitatenses. Palatinae were the elite counterpart for comitatenses, with the best equipment available (even golden plates and inserts, and those crested helms you have put a bit everywhere). Legiones et auxilia for infantry, Vexillationes for cavalry. Legiones were heavy infantry, auxilia light units. An example of Auxilia were the "auxilia comitatenses lanciarii" who were basically javelin throwers and stayed behind first ranks. Usually lanciarii had round Shields, front melee ranks oval Shields. Scholae and Domestici were elite, guard unit, all cavalry with the exception of Domestici pedites. They were the counterpart of Pretorian guard who was abandoned.
    So as I said correct name would be "legio/auxilia comitatenses+name of legion, eventually" or "legio/auxilia palatina+name". All units (small like ancient cohorts) were legions, with the exception of riparii/limitanei/castellani.
    Saying "auxilia equites" has not much sense. Same for "federate auxiliary equites", even less, either they were federati or auxiliaries. We should forget the first empire idea of "auxiliary infantry" which could be cavalry, infantry, light or heavy. Late empire auxilia was made by light infantry mobile units, smaller than legions.
    Source, http://soldatiromanideltardoimpero.b...lo-ad.html?m=1

Anyway I have just played it and... holy , it is awesome. I have spent more time in watching armors and shiny helms than playing.
    Last edited by andrew881thebest; August 13, 2014 at 04:34 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrew881thebest youtube channel dedicated to rome 2 machinimas and movie battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOCm5MJJ14 battle in Germany from "Gladiator" movie remade

My God, this is amazing. Will download the new version tonight, can't wait to see more faction overhaul.

Very good work, Ahiga and Dresden.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

❋ Flavius Belisarius ❋'s Avatar Semisalis

This is what I'm looking for since M2TW !!!!
    + Rep
    The description Last of the Romans (Ultimus Romanorum) has historically been given to any man thought to embody the values of Ancient Roman civilization —values which, by implication, became extinct on his death. It has been used to describe a number of individuals.
    Flavius Belisarius (505?–565), one of the greatest generals of the Byzantine Empire and one of the most acclaimed generals in history. He was also the only Byzantine general to be granted a Roman Triumph.

now I hope Creative Assembly will read this: how is it possible that private people do better and more accurate models and overhauls for free than professional guys very well payed?
    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrew881thebest youtube channel dedicated to rome 2 machinimas and movie battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOCm5MJJ14 battle in Germany from "Gladiator" movie remade

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I think that you may add Equites Clibanarii Sagitarii as well! Their development (in the east side of the empire) was created as counter measure to Sassanids.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast