Thread: Knights of Honor 2...Does this exist?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Knights of Honor 2...Does this exist?

Someone posted this pic claiming that is from Knights of Honor 2 development.

My search though could not give me more info about this.
    Does anyone knows more?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Knights of Honor 2...Does this exist?

Haven't heard anything about but I will shower whoever makes a sequel in gold* and virgins**.

* chocolate coins
    ** cigarettes
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I seriously, seriously doubt that is KoH 2.

Yeah I doubt it. It's been a whole decade now and the only other game the studio made was some tactical rpg thingamajig. Plus they got bought out by another company after said game so there's that too.

Vlad Dracul's Avatar Tiro

Unfortunatelly, Knights of Honor II doesn't exist, not yet anyway.
    But you should check out what this guy says here.
    And spread the word brothers, KoH really deserves a well-made sequel.

Last edited by Vlad Dracul; August 15, 2014 at 01:37 PM.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Indeed. This image was posted by someone on the BSS forums many, many years ago, suggesting it might be related to a sequel to KoH. But even if there really was some work on a KoH2 project, it's obviously been abandoned (or seriously postponed) since then. Besides, since BSS managed to buy back the rights to KoH just before it got swallowed by Crytek (thus the rights belong to Crytek now, I guess), even if they do make a KoH2, I'd presume it would be of a too... hmm, different style.

P.S. Besides BSS' second game, the MMORTS Worldshift, the guys (and gals) from the studio (now called Crytek Black Sea) also recently released another game - Ryse, or something like that (a Roman-themed hack'n'slash).

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    Besides, since BSS managed to buy back the rights to KoH just before it got swallowed by Crytek (thus the rights belong to Crytek now, I guess)
    Mmmm, I'm not sure about that, if what this guy here says is true, then it's a tactical nightmare: the BSS guys are working for Crytek (and gettin' paid to design textures and eat peanuts - God forbid to work on a well-made KoH 2, which could bankrupt certain greedy companies with no respect for their paying customers), KoH source code belongs to Ubisoft (wtf indeed) while Paradox is only selling the game on Steam, nothing more.

All this shyte is to me similar with the Gordian knot, I just wish some Alexander Macedon would someday appear and finally cut it, making Knights of Honor II possible.

P.S.: It's also regretable that the Black Sea Studio forum doesn't exist/work anymore, I did read many interesting posts there - including some of yours, Nike (I couldn't register there due to the lack of admin account-validation).
    Last edited by Vlad Dracul; August 16, 2014 at 10:48 AM.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

I'm pretty sure BSS managed to get the rights back from Sunflowers shortly before Sunflowers got swallowed by Ubisoft. Or was it shortly after? In any case, I'm sure Frujin, the head of BSS, had announced they now have the rights back, though they were already working on Worldshift at that time. And right after Worldshift's release, there were some rumours they're working on KoH2 (including the pic in the OP), but then BSS themselves got taken by Crytek. And as much as I hate to say it, I think KoH2 had a better chance under Ubisoft than under Crytek.

And, yeah, it's quite unfortunate the BSS forum went down a month or two ago - there were some quite great mods there in the last 2-3 years (the Roman one, Invasio Barbarorum, and the Asian one, Tiger & Dragon, were pretty much full overhauls). It was pretty much abandoned by both the BSS crew and the users even before though, with only occasional, sporadic activity...

nomad1414's Avatar Libertus

Knights of Honor is dead, same as Age of Empires, Rise of Nations and Empire Earth.

we still have call of pewpewpewpewpew doe.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Age of Empires is getting a new expansion pack this year. It's anything but dead.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Age of Empires ain't dead. As far as I know I've been talking with the developers over new things. The problem is that total war ruled and all the smaller games have gone. Age of Empires is being supported, but its very lazy development.

There is no good medieval strategy with campaign map and real time battles, with inteligent AI, expanded and polished diplomacy, trade, politics, building etc etc.. so many years and still no good strategy. KoH was good why they doesnt make new games like KoH? Why no KoH2?

Yes , it is in development. Looking forward to it especially since there doesn't seem to be a Medieval Total War 3 coming anytime soon

Still have Boxed Edition

IN FB a new Bulgarian company named Black Sea Games , released these pictures!

Do you see any simularities with KoH?
    TW future games will have a strong opponet espesialy if CA/SEGA wont refreash its developing team and start listen to their hardcore TW games funs.
    This company made by former modders.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I'm still hoping that they will eventually release a KoH sequel in future, even if i'm kinda new to the game i found it so much fun to play!

--
    Last edited by BlackFire Forge; September 03, 2019 at 06:25 PM.

Does anyone knows how to install Knights Of Honor HD mod in my STEAM version?

Maybe some of you found out already, but to those that didn't yet lemme give you the good news: after all those years, they finally decided to make a sequel to KoH, called Knights of Honor II: Souvereign, and they intend to release it this year.
    Oh, and it's not a Paradox game anymore (I suspect it's one of the reasons it's actually happening), but that's not important.
    What's important is the final result and I really hope it'll be a good one.

Last edited by AnthoniusII; June 19, 2022 at 03:24 PM.