• Kai

10 83.33%
  • Shinano

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: "Tenka Musō" (Proposal and OOC)

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: "Tenka Musō" (Proposal and OOC)

It's also a matter of taste, like a faction in a video game.

Toyotomi's almost kind of amusing as a character, considering his service under Oda and background.
    Oda called him a 'monkey' because he scaled the steeper parts of Mount Inaba (like a monkey) to sneak attack the castle there;
    He supposedly constructed a fortress overnight to scare the Saito.
    He was always bribing and politicking (like a sneaky monkey, again) for Oda.
    Time and time again, he's shown to be clever.
    Oh yeah, and he was born a peasant.

I probably dislike Tokugawa because he seems like a 'hard-ass' in comparison.
    I mean, the guy's grandson shuts off Japan 30 years after he wins.
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; August 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM.

Yes, it heavily depends on personal tastes as the three unifier had both flaws and strong points.

I think I prefer Oda Nobunaga over the rest.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    What a lovely post you wrote, CAJD, it is truly well-written.

I'm excited about what will others post, and when we'll receive the sad news about Hideaki's father and Tokugawa's demise at Sekigahara.
    Thank you kindly Oznerol! Back at you. Really gives me the impression of a sad [is there any other] death poem, capturing the autumn to winter and the past generations watching over Hideaki (so to speak).

Good and bad news always finds a way. Can't wait to see the story unfold.

Oh, for the record, Oda-fanboy here too, but got to say - even though Tokugawa had the benefit of "right place, right time" he was also a man capable of backing it up. Would be interesting find speculations on what may have happened had Nobuyasu never been forced to kill himself, if he was to become Shogun rather than Hidetada, or if Tokugawa would ever go for the Shogunate in the first place if that was the case.

Ganbarenippon's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi guys.

Reeeeeeally sorry but I'm buried under dissertation until my hand-in date (September 1st) which is why I've been so stop-start with a lot of my RP in recent months. I really wanted to get into this but it suddenly hit me last week that I only had 21 days to write all 25,000 words of original research and had done oh....5,000? I think we can all imagine what happened to my head after that! Once I get it submitted I'll climb back on that horse, until then I'll read up on chapter 1 (on my coffee breaks) and perhaps enter chapter 2 with a new character depending where you guys take the story. If you see me lingering on here for more than a half hour feel free to tear into me for being lazy!

Love and hugs,

Ganb

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

I will do my RP post tomorow
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Alright, then I guess this means that Gan's original character is dead? Or something else?

Regardless, I suppose that Jokern's character will have to stagger into Takao by himself with the news of Sekigahara.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Feudalism View Post
    Alright, then I guess this means that Gan's original character is dead? Or something else?

Regardless, I suppose that Jokern's character will have to stagger into Takao by himself with the news of Sekigahara.
    I'll get to that tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganbarenippon View Post
    Hi guys.

Reeeeeeally sorry but I'm buried under dissertation until my hand-in date (September 1st) which is why I've been so stop-start with a lot of my RP in recent months. I really wanted to get into this but it suddenly hit me last week that I only had 21 days to write all 25,000 words of original research and had done oh....5,000? I think we can all imagine what happened to my head after that! Once I get it submitted I'll climb back on that horse, until then I'll read up on chapter 1 (on my coffee breaks) and perhaps enter chapter 2 with a new character depending where you guys take the story. If you see me lingering on here for more than a half hour feel free to tear into me for being lazy!

Love and hugs,

Ganb
    Hope everything works out for you. I'm sure your dissertation will turn out great. Is it rude to ask what's it on?

Hmm great thing about narratives and RP - can always resurface when you can as a "long presumed dead" or some such.

Interesting direction we're going in.

Just dropping my lil' guy off further up on the road to Takao. Maybe he'll meet a shifty mountain-man on a similar path (sorry for the philosophical rambling! Hey, we've all go to make sense of chaos and confusion right? heh - they'll get shorter too haha, grown up with the philosophy of big blocky openers and haven't been able to lose it).

Got to say, Jokern - feel bad for that guardsman, pretty sure his career's gone downhill now, unless Yazumoto's a forgiving soul.

Can't wait to see Hideaki get the news. (if that's not too morbid)

Okay, so why has everyone but Scottish, CAJ, Barry, and me, stopped posting?
    Please tell me it's just the life transitioning at the end of summer..

I'm waiting for a reply from one of the other players involved in the damiyo's quarters scene..unless Oz meant my character instead of Aspasia's for being dismissed, in which case I'll reply right away.

Only Aspasia's character is dismissed.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

I've been busy with the first weeks back in school, I'm gonna post now.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011