Thread: Advice about buying a mobile phone

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Advice about buying a mobile phone

I was thinking of changing by 4 year old phone and I don`t know what to chose.

I don`t want to waste money on a phone so I was thinking of buying one around 150 Euros.

I was thinking of buying Nokia or Samsung.

Any advices? Should I wait for the beginning of next year? Anything good appearing then?

Default Re: Advice about buying a mobile phone

If you are going to purchase a Samsung phone then you will have an Andriod Phone, OS like Jelly Bean 4.2 etc.
    In Nokia, which got bought by Microsoft, you will get a Windows 8 phone.

Performance of Windows phone (same price and hardware specs) is superior to that of Android phone, more like Lagroid. But Android phones on the high end are also pretty cool, more they have more apps and such while the windows one hasn't given a serious competition in that area. So as per your requirements you need to see which one you like better.

With 150 Euros these are the things\features that you should have in a smartphone:
    1. -Good HD display screen with support of 720p resolution and around 4½ inch screen.
    2. -Minimum 1GB of RAM (512 GB will also do if you're not going to use it for gaming and heavy app use)
    3. -Internal memory upto 8GB
    4. -Extendable memory via micro SD slot; upto 16-32 GB
    5. -Quad Core Processor like Snapdragon 400 (must)
    6. -At least 5.1 megapixel of rear camera with LED Flash
    7. -Li-Ion battery for more than 2000 mAh charge power
    8. -OS: Android OS 4.2 or Windows 8.1
    9. -3G HSDPA 21 Mbps
    10. -Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
    11. -GPS

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

I have a Samsung 4s for work and it is pretty good - no idea of price of course given it is work and paid for. Previously I had an HTC which was also good. The older Jellybean versions were vulnerable to the heartbleed bug but I got my 4s just about the time that came out so not sure if it has been fixed. The newest jellybean doesn't have it.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

the new moto E comes to mind, I have the X and I like it, despite the screw ups from google with android the 4.4.2 update comes to mind

the new moto E has 4G LTE support, the older model doesn't have it

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

I've been happy with my Samsung, the S5 is a option to you

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

I just upgraded from the Galaxy 3 to the Galaxy 5 with Verizon.

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the 5, considering how much I dislike the 3.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

From my experience, I'll recommend you the Samsung, and this one is very impressed to take photos, if you want a good camera phone, you can look it http://thedigitalcamera.net/samsung-...k-zoom-review/

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thanks guys.

I was also thinking of getting a phone cover, the problem I have fallen in love with a German Empire cover but the problem is that I can`t find one for Nokia, it seems that it`s only for iPhones and pricy Samsungs.

regarding the op here, I have a friend that has a samsung and it gets really HOT...like so hot he claims sometimes he has to switch ears while using it....