Thread: AI still starves - 3.42

Default AI still starves - 3.42

Hey Silven good to see you back! I must admit I shelved R2 for the longest time and whenever I had the mood to play it - the first thing I checked was whether the mod is updated or not lol (and you can imagine how I gave up after months of not seeing anything )

BUT, you're back and I just gave Rome 2 another whirl! Everything's great except I noticed on your change list that the AI should no longer starve itself to death, and Rome should no longer be confined to the Italian peninsula. However, in my current playthrough (as Sparta - since I haven't played R2 in ages) Rome is still confined (most likely because Carthage is putting up a serious fight), and though I've noticed that the major factions are no longer wiped out so easily (having fought with Egypt against the Seleucids who managed to annex all their former satrapies along with their ally Baktria)...

My two military allies - Pergamon and Egypt, are still having serious food problems. After a few turns I noticed it stops for some reason (for one turn) but then it happens again, currently I decided to abandon Egypt as they are proving useless allies having rebellions and food shortages (I can't replenish my troops in their starved territories!), but now on my war against Pontus, Pergamon are now having problems too! Tempted to just let these allies go and annex their territories if they prove themselves even more incompetent.

I'm starting to think that the free farms aren't very useful for the AI as it only delays the inevitable.

But yeah, just a heads up, great work though and once again great to see you back!
    Last edited by Jackal2233; August 06, 2014 at 01:54 PM.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: AI still starves - 3.42

Hmmm.... I'd be interested to hear if anyone else is experiencing similar problems too. It should still be possible for a nation to starve and suffer problems if it is currently in a tough situation or suffering supply problems like blockaded ports/sieged cities that produce a large portion of the nations food/etc. But the idea is that it should be situational, not occuring across multiple large nations all the time. If others are experiencing similar outcomes then I might have to look into further increasing the AI food bonus.

Also, you should update to 3.5 so you have full Patch14 compatibility.