Thread: export_descr_buildings

Vegas_Bear's Avatar Biarchus

Default export_descr_buildings

Hello All, I had a quick question about the export_descr_buildings.txt. I was wondering if anyone had tried to put a specific building behind the recruitment of a single unit like -

recruit "greek elephant cataphract" 0 requires factions { seleucid, macedon, greek_cities, } and resource elephants and building_present_min_level smith foundry

So that you would need the resource of elephants, circus_maximus, and a foundry. This could make a significant impact on the recruitment of units. I was going to try this out, but I currently don't have the time. Thanks for any input, Vegas_Bear.

Thanks for the reply and the link, very helpful.
    Last edited by Vegas_Bear; October 30, 2006 at 04:31 PM.

Default Re: export_descr_buildings

I think it was possible on older versions but is very buggy on 1.5 / 1.6. The example you cited I think would CTD as in those versions you can't have a building conditional on a unit within a building that also has another 'bonus' which I think includes 'stages races' - there are other problems as well - including the fact that it displays the building required after the unit name in info screens - so you'd get something like:
    greek elephant cataphract foundry
    (can't remember if the requires bit shows up as well) anyway, generally its not recommended...
    There is some discussion about it in this thread:
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...t=50039&page=6

Alternative method could be to make building the circus maximus dependent on having the foundry, or add a new building which is dependent on both and then allows recruitment of the elephants.