Thread: Changing unit stats without creating a new unit: possible?

Default Changing unit stats without creating a new unit: possible?

Hi there
    I used to (modestly) mod S2TW and previous TW games. Havent touched too much R2TW for now.
    I made a few stat tweaks for some units, and just like I did for S2TW, kept only the units' line I modified in unit_stat_battle for instance.
    But it doesnt work, it seems to require all the units, all the lines of all units, even the ones I dont touch.
    Odd because it worked just fine with S2TW.

I've read somewhere here that you have to make a new unit to change its stats.
    Is it, really? Any way to just edit the stats in a very small mod?

For example, if I want to edit the Triarii legionnaries' stats, any way to have in my unit_stat_battle only the Triarii legionnary line and save the file to a special format or something?
    I'm sure I've missed something Please help!
    Regards,
    Gauloisier
    Ceci est une signature

Default Re: Changing unit stats without creating a new unit: possible?

EDIT:
    I uploaded an example of what I want to do.
    It's a simple TEST_MOD with only the land_unit file in it, and the spartan hoplite line with all the rest deleted.
    (for this test I didnt even modify the spartan hoplite line)
    That kind of thing used to work with S2TW. Here it makes the game crash at startup.
    Can you help me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails test_mod.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ceci est une signature

Mackles's Avatar Roma Invicta

Default Re: Changing unit stats without creating a new unit: possible?

To make specific changes without including the whole table what you need to do is rename the table to something other than it's original name. So in this case, instead of "land_units" call it "triarii_land_units" or "GdlG_land_units" or "tattybojangles". Usually something that makes sense is best to help keep a track of your changes, but feel free to go wild. crzyrndm has a useful tutorial on this subject you can read >>here<<.
    MacklesMod - A series of mini-mods that apply tweaks, changes or fixes to Rome II & Attila
    Sigs out of date, mods ain't!

Patronized by Inarus. Constantly.