Thread: Strangest bug for ever!

Default Strangest bug for ever!

Is there anybody who can explain this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0000.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	766.7 KB 
ID:	311568

It is in Magyar mod, not vanilla, but I post it here too, for the mod page is not too busy...

In the first 50 turns or so, everything is all right. Then, mostly upon opening the family tree, or a unit description, a button is messed up, becomes for example a character portrait. Then, more and more image changes, as I am trying to play, buttons, the experience chocks on unit cards, etc. After a while, I get a CTD. But when I restart the game, and continue my campaign, everything is fine again. But it becames more and more frequent, with more and more image messed up. Around turn 600, the game becomes unplayable, upon the 2nd or 3rd opened page in-game, the screen becomes as you can see on the picture, then, after a few clicks, CTD.

I have reinstalled the mod more times, but always got the bug. I have never got it though in any other mods.

Is there anybody who knows a fix for it, or even experienced anything similar?

Thanks for all help!

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Strangest bug for ever!

The recruitment scroll is the problem, CA did not allocate enough memory for it. I get this on End Turn when trying to replenish my units after the Black Death regularly.

I don't bother trying access the family/agent/etc. scrolls after about the 12th region taken because of it.

So, there's no possible fix for it just the 'do not open anything'?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

The only one I ever found.

When I first ran into it long before the 1.2 patch was released, I had thread going at www.totalwar.org. Long buried after 7+ years. One of the members did say they were going to "fix" it.

Remember the recruitment scroll includes, family members, all agents including the ones the player can't recruit easily, units, unit upgrades, unit replenishments, mercs, and maybe a couple of more I'm forgetting. The old unpatched count was ~200 entries. Their fix only git it close to ~300 entries. 100 regions, not unheard of if you like conquering the world, times each of the three slots I have available in mod per region for city+ levels with a total of 300 too easy. Vanilla map has over a 100 regions itself.

i have this in a mod too but already in turn 1,sometimes it comes early,sometimes it comes later,after i click on unit and building cards,the only thing i found that helps with this is delete the shared and strategy files(if you do make a backup of them) in your ui folder,but then you lose some faction symbols if your factions our not the same as vanilla, when you click on end turn and see the factions do their turns,so it can be the interface that is wrong?
    our some pictures have not the correct size,of units and buildings,even other million things that i can not figure out yet,lol
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; August 05, 2014 at 01:12 PM.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

From turn 1 in Magyar mod I got stuff like this by looking around the building tech tree scrolls, unit scrolls, etc. I had the same thing going on in SS 6.2 I think years ago. Also in Faerum Aeternum (or whatever the name was). Not based on actual testing or anything really I generally assume it's because of a corrupted download because the files are so big and I'd recommend multiple tries of redownloading and reinstalling. But hearing that Magyar mod is bugged in general for many people I assume it may as well have corrupted files in the mod/files themselves so redownloading might be useless.