Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fix for RSII following steam update.

Default Re: Fix for RSII following steam update.

Hi guys! I have a steam copy of Rome, got RSII and it doesn't work. I tried to replace the rtw and the bi exe with older ones but nothing, ctd on campaign start. What am i doing wrong?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncebag View Post
    If it is legal to I can share copies of the exe for RTW 1.5, BI (1.6) and Alexander (all CD Retail versions), I don't think it is legal to share share "NO-CD" patched versions I have access to those too, if it is ok to share.
    Neither is legal - so please don't offer and others please don't ask.

This post might help.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 12, 2015 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Neither is legal - so please don't offer and others please don't ask.

This post might help.
    Thank you for clearing it up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceWalker View Post
    Okay guys, so I don't know how many of you will see this. But I figured it out. So my old computer where I had RSII installed with the steam version of RTW died. Like the motherboard straight up fried itself to death. So having got a new computer, I got the pang to slay some Gallic heathens and spread the glory of Rome across the uncivilized world (I mean how many of us have been there?). I did the installation and everything and ran into the problem. I start a campaign, loading screen comes up, and bam! CTD. Even that little error message about Rome Total War Alexander not working. I knew that I had encountered this problem before and I knew I got around it since I was playing RSII as early as January of 2015. I tried everything, even a new install. And then I remembered, I think one of the comments here reminded me. Its the .exe files. The Steam version's RTW .exe files, for whatever reason aren't compatible with RSII. I don't know the the tech aspect behind it but I remembered, that I had to change the .exe to the old CD version. Then, in a stroke of brilliance for which I thank my earlier self, I had had the foresight to keep a copy of the old CD .exe for Alexander in my files which I moved over to my new computer. I put it in into my RSII directory, and... it works. Campaign loads up perfectly.

TL;DR

You don't need the whole CD. You just need the .exe files for RTW, RTW:BI, or RTW:ALX depending on which one you're using to launch RSII. They should be easy enough to find online. If not, is there some way to upload files up here, I'll upload my RTW:ALX .exe that I'm using.
    Searching for fixes for your old mods to fill in that feeling of nostalgic emptiness is such a hard quest

you deserve a medal m8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12