Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Kingdom of Shu Let's Play

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Kingdom of Shu Let's Play

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Yiling, west of Mai Cheng
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

If you enjoyed the episode, come over to my channel and subscribe!

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Lie Bei has always been my favorite faction as well. I have one or two of the Dynasty Warriors games but I never played them as much as the ROTK series, going all the way back to the very first one I played on SNES.

Very interesting episodes so far, though I have only skipped through the first two at this point ( I don't have time to watch every minute, but I try to get the summary).

I have restarted my game twice, third time is working much better.

On the first attempt I hung around my Eastern cities for far too long and by the time I left to head West the land was so crowded I kept getting stuck at bridges or other places because of the enemy perimeter collision boxes (the brown around a character, I don't know what they are called, but you get stuck on them when you try to walk past the person). So, I wasted lots of turns trying to find my way there and just made a mess of everything.

On the second attempt I left for Xin Ye right away, but once I took it I waited around too long before attacking any more cities and the pepole around me got too strong and crushed me.

Third time, so far, is working much better. I tried to take screenshots but it didn't work, I just got black images.

Turn 1:
    - Moved Han Volunteers around until I had two in each of my three cities and built decree offices in each one.
    - I moved all people and units immediately toward the rebel territory south of me. By leaving early and crossing through rebel turf only, I am hoping to keep my relations with the powerful guys on better terms to start off with.
    - built a spy and a scholar, sent diplomat toward Xin Ye and had him make trade agreements with cao cao, huinan, whoever else he ran into on the way. Stuck my merchant on a resource.

Turns 2-10:
    - making my way with three full stacks of guys towards Xin Ye,
    - tried to bribe Xin Ye with diplomat but Jingzhou already conquered it.
    - Bought a few mercenaries.
    - Diplomat gave Cao Cao some money and map inofrmation to improve relations from poor to so-so. Same with Nanyang. Hoping to slow their roll so I have more time.

Turn 11:
    - Sieged Xin Ye,
    - all three of my settles were attacked by Yanzhou (Pang Chang, Xiao Pei) and Huinan (Xia Pi). This meant I had to attack next turn, or risk getting all my cities killed and losing the game (I think, it's never actually happened to me before to be cityless.)

Turn 12:
    - Captured Xin Ye and made it my capital.
    - Set tax rate to low so the population will go up faster
    - Scuttled my three Eastern cities by demolishing all building in each one and this gave me a nice chunk of cash for my coffers and means those guys who capture it will have to spend resources to rebuild it, slowing them down a little bit.
    - Put tax rate on very high for each city in hopes of forcing them into full rebellion to give middle finger to Huinan and Yanzhou.

Turn 14: moved toward Jingzhou capital city of Xiang Yang with intent to attack it with two full stacks on either side of the city.

Turn 15: Sieged Xiang Yang and gave another small cash gift to Cao Cao.

Turn 16: Jingzhou attacks my Zhao Yun/Guan Yu stack, very blood battle, their approximately 2000 soldiers against my approx 1200. I lost roughly half my men, they lost somewhere around half to seventy five percent. I got Heroic Victory. I killed the Jingzhou faction leader Liu Bao in the battle, along with two of his generals. Zhao Yun and Guan Yu did a cavalry charge into their leaders unit and instantly killed him lol.

Since their attack against my unit included the 900 guys they had in the beseiged city, it fell to me and I captured their capital. Knocked a few heads and stashed a further 10 grand into my coffers.

Made Xiang Yang my capital city and I'm hoping switching my capital city from Xin Ye to Xiang Yang won't affect the missions, we shall see, if it does it's okay because I have plenty of saves and I save once every turn or more, so I can easily fix it if it does mess up the missions.

So, that is where I am at right now. I love this mod, now you guys just need to figure out the voices, it is rather distracting to have European voices, not a big deal, just mildly annoying

VERY good work Gigantus/Seether, I humbly bow before you. Much thanks for not only making this mod, but continuing to tweak it and fix bugs, that is very cool of you.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

T18: besieged rebel town Xin Cheng
    T19: Pang Tong joined (Zhuge Liang joined earlier), captured Xin Cheng
    T20: Fighting jingzhou, workin on my cities, could use some advice on what to build in generally what order
    T21: Besieged Mai Cheng, diplomat got peace with Huianan
    T22: captured Mai Cheng, Nanyang declared war by attacking me
    T23-34: been fighting Jingzhou and Nanyang all around my cities, captured a small town to the West, then lost it in a surprise attack which killed poor Chen Deng my trusted official. Lost the city, about to retake it.

In my capital I built some military buildings so now I can recruit heavy swordsmen, spearmen, bowmen/crossbow, and cavalry. My faction is ranked 6th overall for money as I have 85k, but I am ranked between 10-16th in all other categories. I know I don't have the numbers right now to compete with any of the big boys around me, so I have been gifting gold to Cao Cao and got them up to Good relations. I am also trying to get better soldiers so I can do more with less.

I also am interested in Ma Chao like COffin mentioned in his earlier video, but I assume he is with Ma Teng since it is that era when the game starts. I assume that means the only way to get him would be to bribe him with a Princess to marry and join (unless there is an event for him later? But who knows!).

Any advice?

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

If your still fighting the Nanyan, i advice to take more cities from them, since they are not very strong and also it will make you more powerfull to face Liu Biao.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Does anyone know about whether or not changing my capital city from Xin Ye to something else will mess up the missions or not?

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast