Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ISIS total cover-up for women per decree

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

Default ISIS total cover-up for women per decree

While we had discussed at lengths how the french penalization of wearing burqua and niqab in public with a small fine supposedly constitutes fascism and a violation of human rights, in another part of the world ISIS (or better say the islamic totalitarian state in Syria and Iraq) made it illegal for women to show even their eyes.

The Al-Qaeda splinter group ISIS has imposed a strict dress code for women in eastern Syria, forbidding them from showing any part of their bodies.“Women ... are completely forbidden from showing their eyes,” said the statement, which the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based anti-regime group, said was distributed in ISIS-controlled areas of Deir al-Zor province.

Women are also forbidden from wearing “open abayas that reveal colorful clothes worn underneath,” it said. Abayas, it added, “must not be decorated with beads, sequins or anything else” and women “must not wear high heels.”

“Anyone who violates this will be penalized,” it added, without elaborating on the punishment..
    http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Mid...#ixzz39QKwVbwV

I suppose the punishment in sharia territory is lashes if not worse.
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

Default Re: ISIS total cover-up for women per decree

Mankind has allowed the women to forget where their place in society is for too long.

But Allah be praised somebody is finally addressing this issue the way it should be.

And Allah doesn't take the French infidels lightly either.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MareNostrum

By the beard of the Prophet, this is indeed good news for those supplying seeing eye dogs to guide the blinded women.

Last edited by Condottiere 40K; August 04, 2014 at 08:10 AM.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayer View Post
    While we had discussed at lengths how the french penalization of wearing burqua and niqab in public with a small fine supposedly constitutes fascism and a violation of human rights, in another part of the world ISIS (or better say the islamic totalitarian state in Syria and Iraq) made it illegal for women to show even their eyes.
    If you're comparing yourself to a totalitarian Takfiri terrorist group than you have already failed.
    Last edited by Farnan; August 04, 2014 at 08:13 AM.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Farnan View Post
    If you're comparing yourself to a totalitarian Takfiri terrorist group than you have already failed.
    No, i'm comparing the ridiculous conception of oppression in the western world with the harsh reality in the middle east (we had 2 threads with a total of 503 posts on the burqua ban). In my humble opinion, the criminalization of one particular kind of cloth or veiling is not on par with religious driven genocidal maniacs who are clearly much closer to totalitarianism.
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

No, i'm comparing the ridiculous conception of oppression in the western world with the harsh reality in the middle east (we had 2 threads with a total of 503 posts on the burqua ban). In my humble opinion, the criminalization of one particular kind of cloth or veiling is not on par with religious driven genocidal maniacs who are clearly much closer to totalitarianism.
    So your saying we should consider France on the same level of ISIS?

Because that is the only reason why our opinion of ISIS actions should have any bearing of our opinion on France's.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

If you criticize France for the money penalty on covering of the face in public, it's hypocritical to not critize ISIS for banning all clothes except one (colorless full cover) for women. From what I see, muslim women are facing much more severe discrimination in the islamist country than in secular France.

So can we please stop whining about France's evil fascism suppressing muslims?
    Last edited by Mayer; August 04, 2014 at 08:48 AM.
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

I like my women mysterious.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

What is Islam's position to cute fetish games in full body latex suits? Woman is guranteed to be completely covered and it's lots of fun. Gags and handcuffs included. Maybe a way to reconcile Islam with western Hedonism?
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

If you criticize France for the money penalty on covering of the face in public, it's hypocritical to not critize ISIS for banning all clothes except one (colorless full cover) for women. From what I see, muslim women are facing much more severe discrimination in the islamist country than in secular France.

So can we please stop whining about France's evil fascism suppressing muslims?
    Uh no because both are reprehensible restrictions on a woman's right to choose what to wear. It is not the state's place to decide what a woman wears whether its a burqa or bikini, taking that choice away is objectification of women by society.

I see no contradiction in supporting a woman's right to wear a burqa in France and supporting a woman's right to wear a bikini in the Islamic State.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

grouchy13's Avatar TW Mercenary Veteranii

agreed RANUN, does it even state in the Koran that Women should be covered in this way?
    Under the Patronage of the Venerable Jom Patron of the one true Shogun wealthmonger, Antipodean son IZob, Terrifying Sultan of the Blitz totalwar_legend & Warden of the Iron Throne Dux

Quote Originally Posted by grouchy13 View Post
    agreed RANUN, does it even state in the Koran that Women should be covered in this way?
    Depend entirely how you interpret it. Many just take it to be dress professionally, IE no plunging necklines and buttcracks showing. Others cover your hair, and a lot of open interpretation in-between. Islam isn't monolithic, its what people make of it.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Request a new user name View Post
    Uh no because both are reprehensible restrictions on a woman's right to choose what to wear. It is not the state's place to decide what a woman wears whether its a burqa or bikini, taking that choice away is objectification of women by society.
    Good, and i start supporting a woman's right to wear a iron maiden, after all we shouldn't be intolerant to the tradition of witch-hunt with statist objectification of women and we can not presume that the woman who is tortured doesn't want it.
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

Does anyone else need convincing that Assad is lesser evil compared to these "freedom fighters"?

Good, and i start supporting a woman's right to wear a iron maiden, after all we shouldn't be intolerant to the tradition of witch-hunt with statist objectification of women and we can not presume that the woman who is tortured doesn't want it.
    Consensual BDSM play is not the state's business either. Non-consensual BDSM is. No is supporting forcing women to wear a burqa or not. We are supporting a woman's right to choose.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Many just take it to be dress professionally, IE no plunging necklines and buttcracks showing
    That sort of depends on your profession.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Claudius Gothicus's Avatar Petit Burgués

The ISIS guys and their Caliphate is as grimly caricaturesque as it can get, in an admitedly twisted way I'm going to regret their eventual obliteration by Iranians or the West.

Under the Patronage of
    Maximinus Thrax

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

This fatwa was issued to cover Syria (does not yet apply in Mosul or other areas of Iraq) and is considered "wartime" fatwa to hopefully help prevent the mistreatment of women as the Nusayri Assad forces seek to destroy the Islamic State. Widespread rape of muslim women by Nusayri heretics has occurred in areas that Assad has captured. Sensible decision. Hopefully some muslim women will not "catch the eye" of heretical Nusayri Assad marauders. May the forces of Islam defend their honour. Ameen.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Does anyone else need convincing that Assad is lesser evil compared to these "freedom fighters"?

He didn't choose the dictator life. The dictator life chose him.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Quote Originally Posted by Request a new user name View Post
    Consensual BDSM play is not the state's business either. Non-consensual BDSM is. No is supporting forcing women to wear a burqa or not. We are supporting a woman's right to choose.
    Let me guess, everything is fine as long as it is (supposedly) consensual
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast