Thread: Rome TW on steam won't start

Default Rome TW on steam won't start

I have a disk version of RTW and BI. I activated them on steam so I could take advantage of the multiplayer being reactivated and I'm sure many of you are already aware that the patches to remove gamespy and turn online into steam has caused many bugs, issues and lag to the game which I do hope that someone at CA will fix it.

Anyway this morning a new update was released for it, I was hoping that this would fix some of the worst problems but neither RTW or BI even starts, I click play in steam, the round loading icon next to the mouse on windows 8 appears for a few seconds and then nothing happens. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Last edited by JRR; August 04, 2014 at 11:15 AM.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Rome TW on steam won't start

Tried verifying the game cache?

I tried that it found 1 file which wasn't authorised but then fixed it. The file was the descr_strat that I edited in the correct way to play as the non-playable factions. I did this before the latest hotfix and I could still play it but now after the patch it wont let me start even though all files are now validated and unmodded.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Then edit your post here to reflect this with the pertinent info.
    And here.
    CA will never read it in the Tech forum and they won't know unless you tell them.

Ok I have done what you have suggested, thanks for your help