Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: v1.0 Discussion Thread

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: v1.0 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeBG View Post
    So i installed the mod following the instructions and when i try to run it from the regular shortcut it searches for the item "rise of three kingdoms.exe ". I searched for the file in the whole Medieval folder and it can't be found anywhere . I tried reinstalling but the problem remains. Do you have a solution ?
    Did you check out this thread yet?
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Civis

Just want to give a big thank you to the team for all your hard work after browsing the thread for the last few days iv noticed how quick Gigantus and Seether are to respond to questions, bug reports, suggestions etc quickly and effectively . This whole community is very helpful and supportive thanks guys!

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by sickNsane View Post
    Just want to give a big thank you to the team for all your hard work after browsing the thread for the last few days iv noticed how quick Gigantus and Seether are to respond to questions, bug reports, suggestions etc quickly and effectively . This whole community is very helpful and supportive thanks guys!
    I second that.

Thank you, it means a lot to read these types of comments. I know both Gig and myself appreciate it very much.

havuk's Avatar Foederatus

im just wondering but did you guys take out the ability to bribe cities?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Nope, but a few of the characters are pretty much immune to bribery - if they are present then no money is going to get you that city.

good mod, great potential. I know its still in early stage but I really like the mod...question: are you guys planning to increase unit size?

Nope, not planning on it. In this thread on unit size, I state that:
    ...numbers are simply representative in this game. No ones computer can handle 100,000 soldiers on the battlefield anyways, so being "historically accurate" really doesn't have any bearing on unit sizes. Plus, the actual numbers of soldiers that fought in the largest battles during the RTK era is still widely debated... certainly no more than 150,000 ever saw the field at a single time.
    So while the novel gives figures of hundreds of thousands to millions of soldiers, such figures are embellishments and not at all historically accurate. Besides, with the rapid and expansive depopulation of China during this time period, and destruction of cultivated lands in Hebei and Zhongyuan due to famine, warfare, and natural distasters, no warlord would have had the logistic capabilities to support a standing army anywhere close to 100,000 men.

Amazing mod. Could somebody please tell me the minor factions? I wish to include them in a hotseat. (descr_strat) I know this is a repost from another thread, but the truth is I can't really tell where this question belongs to. Thank you!

For a hotseat, adequate minor factions would be:

moors (Youzhou)
    turks (Heishan)
    milan (Qingzhou)
    byzantium (Nanyang)
    venice (Yanzhou)
    mongols (Wudoumi Sect)
    timurids (Southern Tribes)
    denmark (Liang)
    egypt (Xiliang)
    hungary (Yangzhou)
    poland (Jingnan)
    scotland (Huainan)
    hre (Sun Clan) *might be a bit too strong
    aragon (Liaodong) *might be a bit weak; in NE corner of map

BTW, we will be having a new patch coming out in the next 48 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    For a hotseat, adequate minor factions would be:

moors (Youzhou)
    turks (Heishan)
    milan (Qingzhou)
    byzantium (Nanyang)
    venice (Yanzhou)
    mongols (Wudoumi Sect)
    timurids (Southern Tribes)
    denmark (Liang)
    egypt (Xiliang)
    hungary (Yangzhou)
    poland (Jingnan)
    scotland (Huainan)
    hre (Sun Clan) *might be a bit too strong
    aragon (Liaodong) *might be a bit weak; in NE corner of map

BTW, we will be having a new patch coming out in the next 48 hours.
    I appreciate your answer, tho in descr_strat, where you can unlock unplayable factions, all factions mentioned by you, are already unlocked. The thing is, I can't seem to find them on my faction-selection screen. I am talking about all these minor-factions you are not supposed to be playing. Like in TATW(Divide and Conquer)you could unlock the ents in descr_strat for instance. I can't see any "locked" factions beneath - only slaves and this one unlocks the Han emperor or something.

I've just installed the mod and applyed the patch and now i have on my desktop 3 shortcuts of the mod - Regular/Steam and Start.

I am using a non-steam version of the game (i have a Gold Edition of Medieval II + path 1.5) so i suppose that i have to use the shortcut with "Start" or the one with "Regular" , but idk if there is any difference :-?.Can some1 enlight me on this "matter" ?

Quote Originally Posted by QiDrucil View Post
    I appreciate your answer, tho in descr_strat, where you can unlock unplayable factions, all factions mentioned by you, are already unlocked. The thing is, I can't seem to find them on my faction-selection screen. I am talking about all these minor-factions you are not supposed to be playing. Like in TATW(Divide and Conquer)you could unlock the ents in descr_strat for instance. I can't see any "locked" factions beneath - only slaves and this one unlocks the Han emperor or something.
    I'm sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. The only factions that are locked are the Han Emperor (sicily), Unaligned Forces (spain), and Rebels (slave). As a warning, sicily and spain are in the same vein as "Sauron" in TATW: they are isolated on the map from all other factions and cannot expand or do anything else. They are unplayable for a reason. And its obvious why slave is unplayable. We don't have any minor factions similar to TATW: DaC.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshomaru View Post
    I've just installed the mod and applyed the patch and now i have on my desktop 3 shortcuts of the mod - Regular/Steam and Start.

I am using a non-steam version of the game (i have a Gold Edition of Medieval II + path 1.5) so i suppose that i have to use the shortcut with "Start" or the one with "Regular" , but idk if there is any difference :-?.Can some1 enlight me on this "matter" ?
    Regular and Steam were from the base v1.0 install (you can get rid of these), and you are correct that you should use "Start." This all has to do with CA screwing up mods with their recent M2 patch.

Regular and Steam were from the base v1.0 install (you can get rid of these), and you are correct that you should use "Start." This all has to do with CA screwing up mods with their recent M2 patch.
    Thank you sir!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Apart from CA's part in this (the 'steam' and 'regular' short cut) overzealous AV programs deleting these two shortcuts were the reason for the third one (start) issued via patch 01.

'Start' is an updated 'Universal batch file' and will work for Steam and the regular (CD\DVD) version.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Thank's for this amazing Mod. I have a question, Why the faction lider Liu clan haven't special hability?. (sorry if my inglish aren't good).

Mostly because we only gave out a small amount of Hero Abilities and only allotted 2 per faction. Guan Yu and Zhang Fei got Hero Abilities over Liu Bei, especially since they were vastly superior military leaders.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Mostly because we only gave out a small amount of Hero Abilities and only allotted 2 per faction. Guan Yu and Zhang Fei got Hero Abilities over Liu Bei, especially since they were vastly superior military leaders.

Thanks for the answer, and I have another question, what for example do the Hero hability from Guan Yu and Zhang Fei?.

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo View Post
    Thanks for the answer, and I have another question, what for example do the Hero hability from Guan Yu and Zhang Fei?.
    zhang fei got beacon of valor, where his men fight to the bitter end while the effect is still active.
    guan yu, maybe its just me, its still blank atm.

the admin are still adding in the details, so look forward toward future patch of awesomeness

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader View Post
    zhang fei got beacon of valor, where his men fight to the bitter end while the effect is still active.
    guan yu, maybe its just me, its still blank atm.

the admin are still adding in the details, so look forward toward future patch of awesomeness
    Ok, thanks.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast