Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memoirs of a Lost Kingdom - SS6.4 (SSHIP) AAR

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Memoirs of a Lost Kingdom - SS6.4 (SSHIP) AAR

Very good AAR - +rep . I've just discovered it and now, I'm just waiting for the next chapter, like for GoT

To continue after the death of one of the three might be to introduce new characters when you think they reach the end of their life, f.e. like an young apprentice for the assassin who can replace him when he dies. Making a chapter every 5 years (game time) should help you to do it. But that's just an idea/suggestion.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; September 30, 2014 at 02:33 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hey, I really like your AAR, are you going to continue with it? or is it done?
    I really like your 3 person short message way of telling the story

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Very good AAR - +rep . I've just discovered it and now, I'm just waiting for the next chapter, like for GoT

To continue after the death of one of the three might be to introduce new characters when you think they reach the end of their life, f.e. like an young apprentice for the assassin who can replace him when he dies. Making a chapter every 5 years (game time) should help you to do it. But that's just an idea/suggestion.
    Thank you Lifthrasir! I'm a big fan of your team's work on this mod, and I'll try not to disappoint you and keep you well entertained with this AAR

Quote Originally Posted by JoonKaboon View Post
    Hey, I really like your AAR, are you going to continue with it? or is it done?
    I really like your 3 person short message way of telling the story
    Thanks! I've been on a short hiatus but I'm back temporarily and I'm working on an update but I have to brush up on my "Total War Skills" as it has been a long while since I've played. Chapter Four should be out in the upcoming week... hopefully

Caesar of Rome's Avatar Laetus

This must go on!! Great style you've got!!

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SanyuXV View Post
    Chapter Four should be out in the upcoming week... hopefully
    Good, good

this AAR inspire me not to always autosave

Decanus

I'm actually liking it, I'm curious about how the story will develop next.
    My only concern is about where are you actually heading. I've got a feeling that this petty kingdom of Georgia isn't heading anywhere. Maybe it's due to the fact that it seems Georgia hasn't got a mortal enemy, a nemesis. You know, England has France, HRE has the Italians, Iberians have the Moors and each other, ERE has the Seljuqs...who's Georgia's fiercest enemy? Perhaps, after consolidation, things will get more interesting.

Btw, I'm really liking your style. It's quite peculiar, and it gives you a nice chance to reveal your characters' personalities and the plot in small bits. + rep

IV. Mar

March 3rd, 1145
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I have returned home after years of diplomatic ventures into the vast lands and kingdoms around our humble land of Georgia. It was a solemn trip home as the news that brought me back caused grievous wounds within my heart. Perhaps she was right, I should have never left home. I could’ve been there for her final days, to see her depart into the land of the old gods.

Every day I walk the lonely path down to the cemetery, to make up for all the years I had been gone. She is now in the presence of King Bagrat III, the first king of Georgia and all those after him who sheltered the sweeping plains, and piercing mountains that we call home. I feel so empty inside, a great void has been left in my heart.

Father rarely leaves the castle these days, let alone visit the cemetery when I ask him to accompany me. He has retreated within himself, and occupied himself with the well-being of the kingdom. I know he mourns at night, I can hear him weeping and it kills me to see a man so strong, so noble be reduced to tears. Lately, he no longer has the strength to leave his chambers; the grief has finally taken its toll.

The council does its best to govern with the absence of my father however without the decisive nature of their king, they are left bickering with one another like children. Mother always said “that women were born to care and nature the world. A queen is mother to all and that she must love all and protect her children.” I will protect Georgia, I will nurture and care for all under my wing, that is after all a Queen’s job.

-Rusudan
    ~*Princess of Georgia

June 18th, 1145
    I can no longer distinguish the hunt from my life. I am a walking corpse that haunts the living and executes the proclaimed wicked from walking the mortal lands. I no longer hunt under the gaze of the sun, I reckon it is judging me with malicious conviction. I sleep during the day and hunt under the protection of darkness and by the guidance of moon’s limelight.

My recent prey was a merchant from the Zengid Emirate in northern Syria and a former priest of Georgia turned Heretic. The old gods favoured the hunt when the two had resigned to the same inn within a small town. I recruited a gang of boys to stir trouble outside the inn to empty out potential witnesses to my art. When I had entered the inn the two were conspiring in a room with ale in hand and naked gold in the other. My memory breaks and I remember the heretic dead on the ground, with a scarlet cut to the throat and the merchant howling in terror from behind the table. He shouts at me, I do not understand his language but he repeats a phrase over and over again “Mar”.

My tally now reaches fifty seven, fifty seven to the old gods. These past years are reflective of a predator, to hunt, to eat, and to rest. Recently I hunt for foreign merchants from distant lands, here to steal away the riches of Georgia. You cannot steal without a hand, an eye or rather without life itself. Yes, the blade of my knife will find your throat, the poison of my alchemy will find your drink, and the snakes of the forest will find your bed.

-Zak’aria Gurkleli
    ~*Georgian Assassin

November 23rd, 1145
    I have trouble finding what normal men call sleep. Every time I close my eyes I can see them, all the men that lay dead who tasted my cold blade, and felt the sting of my arrows. War is not glorious, war is not honourable, it is an abomination that has claimed the mortal lives of all those caught in its unstoppable hurricane. I understand why father retreated into the bottle, into the depths of darkness to find any piece of forgiveness no matter how small. The war never ends once you have feasted in its great halls. It follows you home, into your dreams, and no matter how far you run it will find you once more.

For me though, the war has just begun.

We have just finished building a fort along a narrow mountain pass that is a crucial point of entrance into Georgian Lands. On the opposite side of the mountain pass were two armies about to collide in the name of religion, in the name of their suggested true god. There was great fear that this conflict would spill into the Armenian highlands.

It took us many moons to finish the construction of the fort but with the strength and vitality of the men I walk amongst it was a task all too easy. Prince Giorgi was present alongside us with the construction of the fort sharing in song and ale. Even he was not immune to the symptoms of war, his eyes a bit dimmer, and his expression apparent with fatigue. He is a great man, but I fear there is a darkness growing in his heart. He is not the same prince that left the capital all those years ago with innocence in his eyes, and kindness in his heart. There is a burning hunger that is growing within him.

-Valeri
    ~*Flag Bearer of Prince Giorgi

Side Note I will update character index ASAP, trying to figure out a new way to make it more organized
    Last edited by SanyuXV; March 03, 2015 at 02:28 PM.

Great to see this updated again. The Assassin is definitely my favourite character but the other two are good as well, the Princess looks especially promising. Interesting cast you have, yet again I praise your writing style. It is short and sweet, like I'm reading the diaries of long dead Georgians.

Caesar of Rome's Avatar Laetus

Zakaria is developing like a George R.R.Martinesque character! Love it!!

It is with great sadness that I must end this AAR because of corrupt save files. I was unable to recover the game and will be unable to continue this adventure. I thank you all for reading my very first attempt at an AAR at TWC. I'm currently working on a creative piece so I won't be completely gone I'll be around more often with the conclusion of the winter semester, so maybe another attempt at an AAR in the near future.

Kind Regards.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess it will be ok if you're going to be posting a CW piece and an AAR possibly in the future. Hope to see you writing again even if it will be something different although it is shame to see such an interesting idea having to have been given up.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

That's a very bad news It was really promising. I look forward for your next AAR.

@ Roman Heritage, for info in SSHIP, Georgia has to deal with 2 major ennemies: Seljuks and/or Zengids. Then depending on how the campaign goes, CS can also become a treat
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12