Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The ToolBox - The Universal Mod Launcher v1.204 (Latest Steam Update Compatible)

Default Re: The ToolBox - The Universal Mod Launcher v1.204 (Latest Steam Update Compatible)

That Problem is solved now, it has however leadto new ones which I'llin a new post.

Im kinda new with this modding but i want to play the sundering mod. With this launcher do you have to enter administrator password everytime you launcher it or is there a way to just do it once. And what If the mod doesnt have a folder and it is like a few parts of a mod. Do you just create a folder. And does it need a specific name
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 20, 2015 at 09:43 PM. Reason: multiple posts merged

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: The ToolBox - The Universal Mod Launcher v1.204 (Latest Steam Update Compatible)

I m not aware that you need to enter an administrator password when starting this launcher.

It is unlikely that you will find a mod that does not have it's own folder, but if you do then you will have to create a folder fr it and copy it there and create a BAT\CFG file combo to start it liea regular mod.

Ok, im really not good with computer operations, where do I extract the binary distribution program (my medieval II is on steam). I've tried in to extract it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War and it says that medieval II or kingdom wasn't detected.

Oh! And im trying to install the last kingdom mod!

Blog Entries

First install the mod, then extract the binary program into it's folder (...\mods\Last_Kingdom), then run the binary to start the game.

Easier: install Last Kingdom, edit the Executive.bat (right click, choose 'edit') in the Last_Kingdoms folder to look like this:
    Code:
    cd ..\..
    start medieval2.exe @mods\Last_Kingdom\Configuration.cfg
    Then start the mod with it's desktop shortcut.

Ok i might have ed up somewhere else because it still doesn't work (it still says that it doesn't detect medieval II), (do you know by any chance where do i have to install the mod, i think it's there i missed my shot) sorry for the mediocre english

Blog Entries

Going by post #164 your complete path to the installed mod should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Last_Kingdoms

If I remember correctly it was me who wrote the installer - which means the path in the installer (when you run the installer) should be this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War

Ok i've tried and retried. The launcher doesn't detect kingdom or medieval 2 installation (now it's here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\mods\Last_Kingdom\Binary Distribution - Guan Ziyang's Universal Mod Launcher )Did i messed up something ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrissQc View Post
    Ok i've tried and retried. The launcher doesn't detect kingdom or medieval 2 installation (now it's here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\mods\Last_Kingdom\Binary Distribution - Guan Ziyang's Universal Mod Launcher )Did i messed up something ?
    You installed into the mods folder instead of the Medieval II Total War as instructed. Move (Cut\Paste) the 'Last_Kingdoms' folder into the first 'mods' folder and adjust your desktop shortcuts accordingly (or create new ones) - then try again.

I tried using this to install Hyrule Total War, it launched the Vanilla game.

and yes I made a copy of the Medieval 2 launcher and re-named it to "Kingdoms.exe"

Default Re: The ToolBox - The 'Universal' Batch File v1.0 (Steam-Compatible)

How did you do this? just want to know as mine will not work atm. Here is a copy of the log, I just have no idea how to redirect the targeting...
    Universal Launcher Log ~ Please refer to this log if you experience any problems running the launcher.
    Submit a copy of this log when requesting for support at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?661279

[Universal Mod Launcher by Guan Ziyang - Copyright 2014] started on Fri 08/07/2015 13:10:14.42]
    [13:10:14.42] ERROR - Medieval II installation (Medieval2.exe or Kingdoms.exe) was not detected in C:\Users\Matt Bailey...
    [13:10:14.43] ENDING LOG...

[Universal Mod Launcher by Guan Ziyang - Copyright 2014] started on Fri 08/07/2015 13:10:39.84]
    [13:10:39.85] ERROR - Medieval II installation (Medieval2.exe or Kingdoms.exe) was not detected in C:\Users\Matt Bailey...
    [13:10:39.85] ENDING LOG...

Blog Entries

Your installation is in the wrong folder. The path should be ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\my mod
    And the toolbox should be installed in the 'my mod' folder

Default Re: The ToolBox - The 'Universal' Batch File v1.0 (Steam-Compatible)

hi, im hoping to install this batch to my medevil 2 game on stream.
    where should i install this batch?

Blog Entries

You need to install it into the root of your mod, eg ...\mods\ my mod

I've been trying to get Rage of the Dark Gods working forever and this is what I'm trying now...When I put the Launcher in the Call of Warhammer directory it goes through all the stuff then closes out with a blank error titled "CA_LIBS"

Quote Originally Posted by BigTaterHead View Post
    I've been trying to get Rage of the Dark Gods working forever and this is what I'm trying now...When I put the Launcher in the Call of Warhammer directory it goes through all the stuff then closes out with a blank error titled "CA_LIBS"
    I used your quick and easy installation method for the mod aswell.

Blog Entries

Rage of dark Gods is steam compatible if you have installed the patch and the quick fix - simply start it with the desktop short cut.
    You have parts 1, 2 and 3 of the main installation plus the patch and the quick fix - while installing them the path has to point to the Medieval II Total War folder - nowhere else!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Rage of dark Gods is steam compatible if you have installed the patch and the quick fix - simply start it with the desktop short cut.
    You have parts 1, 2 and 3 of the main installation plus the patch and the quick fix - while installing them the path has to point to the Medieval II Total War folder - nowhere else!
    Launching from the desktop shortcut doesn't work, it says "Windows cannot find 'medieval2.exe' please make sure you blah blah blah"

Quote Originally Posted by BigTaterHead View Post
    Launching from the desktop shortcut doesn't work, it says "Windows cannot find 'medieval2.exe' please make sure you blah blah blah"
    I actually reinstalled and it works up until the game goes to launch and a message about chaos taking over pops up