Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The ToolBox - The Universal Mod Launcher v1.204 (Latest Steam Update Compatible)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: The ToolBox - The Universal Mod Launcher v1.204 (Latest Steam Update Compatible)

Quote Originally Posted by Total Roach View Post
    Hello, I just heard about this tool and was hoping for some help, I have 2 small mods, just Retrofit1.0 and GUAMv6, normal installation is 1st retrofit, then Guam, but I don't understand the install instructions, feel really dumb, but both mods are .exe files for installs, really confused any help greatly appreciated
    Install your mods as usual (browse to your medieval ii total war folder if the installation doesn't do it for you). Then place the launcher from the first page into the mods root folder. Make a shortcut and play.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfang View Post
    i have a problem. its not the biggest problem in the game but

when i use your launcher, the game works fine. like after all the time i spent gettign it to work the drums of warhammer banging in my hears sounded heavenly.

the only problem is, its not fullscreen. how do i change this?
    Check your mod's CFG file (opens with Notepad). In the [video] section you should have a line this:
    windowed=yes
    What is missing is another line like this:
    borderless_window = 1

Simply add the line below the [video] line, save and play.

Default Re: The ToolBox - The Universal Mod Launcher v1.204 (Latest Steam Update Compatible)

Im on windows 8.1 with steam and med 2 is installed in c: users/my name/steam

I copied medieval2.exe and renamed to kingdoms.exe, installed a mod, then created a shortcut of the batch file on the desktop and it ran fine; no problems.

The batch and config files where created along time ago.

So, am I missing something? What is this for?

Blog Entries

It's a 'mod start for steam dummies' thingy.

Most people that download a 'kingdoms' mod and use it on steam have no idea how to get it going. Nor the know how...

Ah ok, so this adds the kingdoms.exe for them. To be fair though, the official thread from total war was confusing/wrong and not really any use iirc.

Blog Entries

It doesn't add it - the 'program' determines whether you have steam or retail and then either uses the medieval2.exe (steam) or kingdoms.exe (retail). To make it easier for the application it also renames the CFG file (configuration.cfg)

All you have to do is to drop this application into the mod folder and create a desktop link to the application.

Guan Ziyang's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by danny X View Post
    Ah ok, so this adds the kingdoms.exe for them. To be fair though, the official thread from total war was confusing/wrong and not really any use iirc.
    Actually it doesn't do that. It's just a updated copy of the old modStarter (now obsolete), instead written in DOS, and uses the same methods; upon starting the .exe, it checks for the existence of kingdoms.exe & medieval2.exe. If both are present, it means that a CD copy is in use -> proceed to start mod via Kingdoms.exe. If only medieval2.exe is present, steam is in use -> proceed to start via Medieval2.exe.

Like modStarter, it's also compatible with any mod without alternations to the code itself. The only 'new' feature that I implemented is error logs (failed to start due to missing .cfg (Did I mention I even included a link to a tutorial if it is indeed missing? ), wrong placement of the app, etc.). Have been planning on adding an addition feature of auto .cfg creation should it not exist.

So yes, it is a 'easy mod start for dummies' (in general, no discrimination towards traditional CD users).

@Gig: Thanks for being unofficial support while I was a bit forum absent +Rep!

CLICK ME - New Updated Steam Batch File (Universal for All Mods Edition)

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks good!
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

i am trying to launch teutonic with a bugfix with this launcher but it only open vanilla medieval
    any help?

Blog Entries

You need a proper CFG file in the teutonic sub folder together with this tool. Proceed as follows:

• Right click in an empty space in the teutonic sub folder and choose 'new\text document'
    • Copy the lines below into the open document

Code:
    [features]
    editor = true
    mod = mods/teutonic

[log] 
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt 
    level = * trace

[misc]
    show_hud_date = true

[io]
    file_first = true
    disable_file_cache = true

[game]
    allusers = 1
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1

[multiplayer]
    playable = true
    factions = 1

[hotseat]
    turns = 0
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 1
    disable_papal_elections = 1
    save_prefs = 1
    save_config = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1
    • Now save the document by using 'save as', name the file configuration.cfg and choose the 'all files' setting.
    • Copy the universal batch file into the same directory and then start the game through the batch file (make a desktop short cut for convenience)

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

thank you so much

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

Default Re: The ToolBox - The 'Universal' Batch File v1.0 (Steam-Compatible)

Okay so I just installed Warhammer Rage of the Dark Gods on a system running Windows 7 64 bit. I followed all the instruction guidelines for install on the mod page. I am using the steam version of Medieval II kingdoms for this. I downloaded the universal toolbox/mod launcher in order to use the app but get hte following error message:

[ 0:39:31.28] ERROR - Medieval II installation (Medieval2.exe or Kingdoms.exe) was not detected in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps...

It is certainly installed so I don't understand why it is happening. I saw someone had a similar problem but fixed it by changing the targeting of batch file. Is that correct? How I do this? I am no good at programming! Thanks to anyone that answers!

Blog Entries

1. Is RodG installed in the correct folder? (...\medieval ii total war\mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods)
    2. Is the 'universal batch file' in the Rage_of_dark_Gods folder?

Having either of these two points wrong will create the error message you received.

Thanks so much for developing this tool, I've been trying to get TATW working for the longest time and this has made it very easy. Now to get the submods worked out ... :p but yes, thanks!

Laetus

This is where I'm at, and this is basically a foreign concept to me. I have done the previous steps, but do I need to download this bat thing to find my medieval2.exe? What is the medieval2.exe look like? and where do I find where to change it? Sorry, I am basically helpless and have been trying to figure this out for 2 full days.
    After installing ALL Third Age files, do not rename Third_Age_3 folder located in your ...\steam\steamapps\common\ Medieval 2 Total War\ modsfolder, use either one of these methods:

Make copy of medieval2.exe located in your main .\steam\steamapps\common\ Medieval 2 Total War folder

Rename to kingdoms.exe

Start your mod through regular BAT file ( the one present on your desktop as a Shortcut, or, the one present in your Third_Age_ 3 folder)

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Change Third Age.BAT file present in your Third_Age_ 3 folder (right click on file, choose 'edit'): replace kingdoms.exe entry part with medieval2.exe:

cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age_3\TATW.cfg

to

cd ..\..
    start medieval2.exe @mods\Third_Age_3\TATW.cfg

Save the file, and Exit.

Start your mod through regular BAT file ( the one present on your desktop as a Shortcut, or, the one present in your Third_Age_ 3 folder)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Use Universal Batch File: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?661279

Laetus

if i do need the bat file, what program do I need to get it? Once again, sorry for being a noob

Laetus

I've got it to launch the vanilla m2 game. I am trying to play the third age total war mod. (Will add submod at some point). I am too afraid to change anything. I have the BAT in my medieval II folder with the files (americas, britissh_isles, Third_Age_3....) I cant seem to find the medieval.exe or kingdoms.exe file anywhere. Where do I go from there?

Laetus

Sorry for the multiple messages, but I figured it out!!!!!!! Literally had to get away from my computer because I was so excited... Now on to mods!

Laetus

once again, I figured it out, sorry for the thousand questions I've been posting.

Blog Entries

I think your confusion came from trying to follow the TATW instructions AND the instructions here. I am guessing just installing the binary download into the TATW folder and double clicking the new file from it got you started?