Thread: Campaign map not loading correctly

GaussSoldier's Avatar Tiro

Default Campaign map not loading correctly

I've encountered this problem in modded and vanilla Napoleon.

Whether loading a save or starting a new campaign, the loading screen will begin normally and then freeze at around 75%. However, campaign sounds can be heard and I can still hear the menu come up.

Anyone have any suggestions?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Campaign map not loading correctly

Have you tried verifying the game cache?

I went ahead and did so a few times and found that every time I did it, I was redownloading a new file. I've resorted to reinstalling again and seeing if I can get a download that doesn't corrupt.

I've got the exact same issue. I verified and it did the same thing, then re-installed it and it's still doing this weird glitch. Like Gauss said, it loads 75% of the way then the loading bar glitches and flashes for about 5% of it, and you can hear the campaign adviser talking in the background. You can press escape and hotkeys and hear the game respond to them as well....you just can't see the campaign map. When you alt-tab it shows the game running perfectly fine, no errors.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserJoe View Post
    I've got the exact same issue. I verified and it did the same thing, then re-installed it and it's still doing this weird glitch. Like Gauss said, it loads 75% of the way then the loading bar glitches and flashes for about 5% of it, and you can hear the campaign adviser talking in the background. You can press escape and hotkeys and hear the game respond to them as well....you just can't see the campaign map. When you alt-tab it shows the game running perfectly fine, no errors.
    Have aeither of ever got the campaign map to load?
    Are either of you using mods?

I'm so sorry, I've forgotten about this thread in my anger.

To answer you Irishron, I've since not been able to play the game at all due to this. Like I said in my first post, it happens in vanilla and modded Napoleon. The only mod I've been using is Napoleonic Total War 3.

It's as I've said before, I verify the cache and I download a new file everytime yet it doesn't seem to fix the problem. I've been getting the Nappy itch so I may try again sometime soon.

Have you deleted both Napoleon folders and then reinstall? It could be a rogue pack file still installed, too.

After checking for those folders, I reinstalled Nappy and NTW3, trying a campaign for both. It worked both times.

It seems to be a random bug as my previous install was fresh on a new hard drive and didn't happen till weeks after NTW3 was installed.

I may have to just settle for reinstalling both when it happens again. I'll have to backup my saves then.