Thread: Forum Announcement

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default Forum Announcement

Hey all, sorry I missed this, thought I'd sent a PM with it but it wasn't in my Sent so I decided to post it here for feedback. I suggested we make a forum announcement about this initiative so that our users aren't caught unaware of the changes to current functionality, and GED asked me to write it up, so here's what I have. Let me know if you feel there should be any changes made.

Title: Upcoming Changes to Thread Tags
    Upcoming Changes to Thread Tags

The way that the thread tagging feature works will be undergoing changes soon. Currently, all users may tag threads with whatever they like, which has made tag sorting either unhelpful or outright detrimental. We will be purging most current tags and restricting thread tagging access to a small group of users tasked with coming up with helpful, functional tags for each forum. If you're a Citizen and would like to help out, apply to the Taggers Anonymous group in your permission group area. Anyone interested can view what's happening in the Thread Tagging Consortium.

We understand that some users are currently using tags in a useful way to group their threads together, such as a group of tutorials authored by them. This usage may be allowed on an approved basis, but it's possible that tags used in this way will be purged along with the rest, on purpose or on accident. Therefore, we recommend that users using tag clouds in this way create a thread subscriptions folder and add all of their tagged threads to it so that they aren't lost in the shuffle.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause and hope the new tagging system will be more useful for everyone.
    Last edited by Augustus Lucifer; August 03, 2014 at 06:51 AM.

Default Re: Forum Announcement

It works

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Fine by me.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Ferpect.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Gutten TAG!
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

No mentioning of cake or Quebec

Nicely put Captain Curator

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.