Thread: Version 3.5 Released

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Default Version 3.5 Released

-----Version 3.5 Has Been Released!!-----

This release is fully compatible with CA Patch Live14, and I see no reason it shouldn't be save-game compatible if you are upgrading from Version 3.42.

-Updated To Work Perfectly With CA Patch Live14.
    This is pretty much all this update does. Thankfully, it would seem most of the updates provided by CA in this patch were all hardcoded changes. So there wasn't too much that needed to be done in the DB or with scripts. There were a couple bugfixes that CA implemented, but in classic CA fashion, some of their "fixes" inadvertently broke other stuff without them realizing it, I'm sure.
    Just one example: They corrected a couple cases of being able to recruit a certain unit from tier 2 and 4 buildings, but not tier 3 buildings. But in fixing one unit, they forgot to give them new freakin keys, and gave the same problem to a different unit. Stuff like this only occurred a few times, but not to worry, I went ahead and fixed it.
    -Copied Over A Few Minor Unit Balance Changes Made By Patch14.
    All this stuff really was minor. Just copied the changes over for consistency.
    -Reduced Cavalry Ability To Disengage A Unit Without Suffering Casualties.
    Patch 14 makes it so you're guaranteed to get slaughtered if you even think about disengaging. STIM 3.42 was really forgiving.
    So STIM 3.5 is now somewhere in the middle.
    -Reduced New Buffs to Balkan Sword/Falx/Rhomphaia Introduced By Patch14.
    Apparently CA thought these weapons weren't already overpowered enough, and gave them insane bonuses Vs. Cav and Elephants.
    STIM 3.5 reduces these buffs to more reasonable numbers.
    -Reimported The New Startpos For Redundancy.

Enjoy!

Default Re: Version 3.5 Released

Great work silven, good to have you back

Thank you Silven.

I really like STIM. Its not obtrusive at all and for my taste, you have really got the battle speed spot on . CAI is much better also and for me to date, it has been the most stable of the comprehensive Overhauls.

First post here, to thank you, Silven, for your great mod. It'a a pleasure to play a Rome II boosted by your creation.

French inside, so forgive my poor english. Anyway : good job, mister Silven !

Silven! The master of overhauls has returned! I've longed to play one of your mods again, but I wanted to wait until you updated this one! Downloading right away, trying out a Rome (Julia) grand campaign straight away, and will post some feedback once I've completed that! Good to see you back mate! Hope you stick around

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Hi there - I've been away from RTW2 for a long time now ( 9 months ? ) and came back to see if it's improved. Very pleased to see your Mod is going strong as it was all I really used before.

However, I'm not sure I'm getting it to run - my tax rate only goes to -15 and I'm definitely not seeing 4tpy. My Rome install is totally fresh.
    Now the whole Mod Manager thing is a bit new to me, so I've probably screwed something up, but I'm hoping you or one of the other good people here can help.

I ticked the little box in the top left of the mod - next to the name, but then when I click upload it wants me to tag it - I assume it's an "Overhaul" not a "Compilation" ?
    Then it balked, wanting a picture ? Is that normal ? I downloaded a few other mods I used to use ( eg. Bullgod's Icons ) and none of them seem to have a picture that it's asking for.
    Does everyone just make any old picture to satisfy this requirement ?

I did that ( arbitrary picture ), then Steam gave me a page saying something really bizarre like "the user has removed this mod" or something like that - that was weird, since the pack is in my data file...
    But then it doesn't seem to be working.
    If anyone could tell me which of my assumptions or actions is wrong or if I missed a step, I would be most grateful.
    Thanks.

PS: apologies if this is all really obvious - I didn't get much joy with a forum search for "mod picture requirement" and variations of that.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

What method of downloading the mod are you using? Manual or Steam Workshop?

Sounds like you keep trying to press the upload button, which you don't need to.

Bento's Avatar Tiro

I'm using the manual mod ( didn't want to get involved in steam workshop as it is something else I know nothing about ).

Apologies for bothering you, I seem to have gotten it to work now by deleting everything and starting from scratch with just your mod - was also trying to add Bullgod's icons.

Although I'm still puzzled about the picture thing. Do all mods need some arbitrary picture to make them run ? Seems a very odd requirement.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

No need to apologize friend.

Again, the only reason the mod would ask for a picture and a category (overhaul, units, etc) is if you were trying to upload the mod to the steam workshop. You must have accidentally clicked the upload button instead of just "ticking the mod on" and launching the game.

Glad you got it working though.

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    ...Again, the only reason the mod would ask for a picture and a category (overhaul, units, etc) is if you were trying to upload the mod to the steam workshop. You must have accidentally clicked the upload button instead of just "ticking the mod on" and launching the game.

Ahhhhh, understanding at last - I didn't realise that the tick was all that was required. I thought I had to "upload" it to whatever directory the Mod Manager would then use ie. sort of "activate" it.
    Doh !

Many thanks for clearing up my confusion. And your mod is looking good. It seems that taking 9 months off has given the game time to move towards being a decent game.