Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Warman's Preview Thread

calgacus_1314's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Warman's Preview Thread

You have us to ransome sir, bonus or not catapult or not I'd just be happy to look at the models in game! You have done amazing work and no doubt your mod will end up being the 1st step towards like game of thrones/ lord of the rings mods. Cant wait for the 18th and that isnt just cause im scottish

LewisVee's Avatar Semisalis

Those Scottish models are wonderful!!

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

Lovely idea, but I would suggest to be more clean and neutral background. This will be more recognizable ... with little processing in Photoshop. This is my suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    Okay guys, tell me what you think about these unit cards? I'm took excerpts from various medieval manuscripts to make them what you see now.

Lovely idea, but I would suggest to be more clean and neutral background. This will be more recognizable ... with little processing in Photoshop. This is my suggestion

calgacus_1314's Avatar Foederatus

Does multiplayer work with this mod?

Love the mod and the Scottish Units are indeed beautiful... but you realize the first two are wearing 17th and 18th century clothing right?

Yep, I'm aware, the inaccuracy is intentional in order to expand Scotland's roster, I'll try adding in some more non highland units in the second release. Yes it should work in multiplayer.

Speaking of the second release, I've been brainstorming ideas on what factions to add on to the current amount for the second release. My mindset is have a faction added on to the current regions or cultures, unfortunately to add all the remaining factions would just be too much. So I decided on 8-9 factions being added on with the remaining 9-10 added in the third release. Here's what I had in mind:

Republic of Genoa
    Kingdom of Aragon
    Kingdom of Denmark
    High Kingdom of Ireland
    Empire of Trebizond
    Almohad Caliphate
    Sultanate of Rum
    Auyybid Sultanate
    Either Second Bulgarian Tsardom or Grand Principality of Serbia

We would also add some more units to the existing factions including High Era versions of some of the existing units like the knights. I had some ideas on expanding some of the more generic Western European rosters bolstered by the addition of high era possibilities.

England:

Bill Militia
    Heavy Billmen
    Retinue Longbowmen
    Armored Sergeants/Swordsmen
    High Era Knights

France:

Voulge Militia
    Mercenary Flemish Pikemen
    Halberdiers
    Scot's Guard
    High Era Knights

HRE:

Halberdiers
    High Era Knights

Scotland

Sergeants
    Heavy Pikemen
    Pike Militia
    Scot's Guard
    High Era Knights

Venice might get a Communal Pike unit too along with Genoa. I'll also have variants of the Communal units for Genoa that'll look different from Venice. Plus just in general I'll try to add more distinctions between factions in the jerkins, etc. I don't want to get too much involved with the mod for a while because I'm trying to focus on my college work, that takes priority. However if Ltd. or Lord Giovanni wants to keep working go right ahead.

How are you going to implement Genoese Crossbowmen? Are they planned, and is there a way to do it?

hey what about a crusader state??

So just a minor update for everybody, I haven't done too mcuh largely due to me abstaining from modding for a little while to focus on my film school work. However I did manage to get a new unit in the pipeline, the first of a few units I'm working on to expand the Western European rosters to give them more unique units. The bill militia, basically a lighter bill unit than the current billmen. A lot of these new units are essentially lighter versions of some of the current units. Here's a rough outline of that aspect of the expansion.

England:

Bill Militia
    English Archer Militia(?)

Flanders:

Pike Militia
    Goedendag Militia

France:

Voulge Militia
    Light Men At Arms(?)

Scotland:

Pike Militia

Now to go along with these additions I'm also adjusting the textures of some the leather jerkins and other medium armors to give them distinction so they look like more exclusive. I plan to also bring that over to some of the current units too. Basically I plan to do the roster expansions before I move over to the new factions planned. I was planning on doing Denmark, Genoa, Aragon and I think Serbia and Ltd will do the others, I need to double check the plans.

So I have screens showing some of the units I've added to England and France. I'm still adjusting the shields on the Light Men at Arms but this can give you an idea.

England:

Bill Militia

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

English Archer Militia

France:

Voulge Militia

Light Men at Arms(WIP)

That's what I got so far. I'm could seriously use some input on what to do with the Middle Eastern rosters. I want a base to work with. Also things are starting to get busy at my college so the amount of progress will be slowing for a while. I'll keep you posted.

doing very well, but too many colors and too prominent, unlike in real life soldiers

So my apologies for the slow down of updates on my end. It's a combination of my more important film work I'm doing which will lead into next month somewhat and the fact of me trying to figure out how I'm going to go about with the Western European rosters. It's tricky to say the least but after some considerable thought I think I know what I'm going to do:

For starters I realized that the current rosters actually have more units that are cheating the starting year than I thought. Units like the Pavisiers, the normal Billmen and Yeomen Archers are technically not on par with the starting year. I mean more so than intended. So instead of adding strictly later units I'm going to expand the rosters both ways. I'm going to add units more related to the starting year and more units to the later era. I'll also be changing the equipment of some of the units so the armor is heavier to make things more distinct. An example would be the Zweihander, I'm going to change the armor on them so they will probably look closer to the Medieval 2 unit. The scope of this mod is certainly going to get greater. What I think I'm going to do in regards to release plans is instead of posting a release a release with expanded rosters and more factions I think it will just be the expanded rosters for the existing factions and the Middle Eastern factions that Ltd. has been working on. Nothing is let in stone but considering the nature of adding the later era knights involves a crap load of texture work and I've already done hundreds of textures over the course of this year I don't want to burn myself out.

Some other things to note that i forgot to mention yesterday. I have been importing various partial plate armor sets and various bascinet, later great and sugarloaf helm. Fortunately a good amount of hundred years war era soldier helmets are already in my ever growing library of medieval armor. I'm really gambling on the fact the Attila will be using the same format for the models as Rome 2, because if they aren't we're in big trouble in terms of progress but only time will tell. Back to the point many of the helmets I have on most of the soldier units are actually from all over the Medieval period so I'm going to be adjusting equipment big time. This way there is a clear difference between the earlier units and later ones. Speaking of later I have been able to carry over some of the English Knight armor textures from the first version of my mini rosters mod so at least for England I only have to make 5 new variants instead of 15. So that's a big boost right there.

The other thing I wanted to brainstorm with you guys about is adjusting some of the mercenary units. If you were following the first release thread of this mod I got into a discussion regarding how rosters related to the starting year of this mod could be like. While I won't take every suggestion that was brought up I am considering some of what he brought up. My idea was at least for the Western European factions instead of having the generic mercenary units like Mercenary Infantry, Archers, etc adapt some of them to make them more faction specific and more starting year appropriate. Like for HRE instead of giving them the current mercenary spearmen unit as it's early/light spear unit given them a Sergeant Spearmen unit instead. I would base what units to give based on what was discussed in the other thread. So yeah a lot of stuff going on.

Warman sounds great.

I was wondering if there will be islamic mercenaries. Because having European mercenaries in the middle east might be weird. I don't know if this has been mentioned so sorry if it has.

Yeah probably although specifics are certainly up in the air right now since I'm working on the later era English Knights and Heavy Billmen right now. The side effect of that by the way is I have almost all the base assets for high and later era armors are ported over now. I just have one more armor type to port and a couple more helms. At least for now. Expect some screens later.

Okay I got some screens of the high era knights. Before I show them I got give credits to Narf, Dejawolf, and Thick1988 for the armor models featured in this unit. This will no doubt look similar to the English Knight unit way back to my Medieval Mini Rosters mod. I did use some of the texture variants from that but I feel that this came out much better than the old one. I lowered the saturation of the older textures for instance. You'll also notice that some of the knights have two variants for the bascinets, one with the visor lifted and one with it closed. Anyways here we go:

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Really amazing. Very well done ! And the colours are also way better like this. 100 years war, here we come ! Can´t wait to play as them, although I´m more into eastern factions generally

Indeed! Very well done Warman

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Wonderfull !