Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Warman's Preview Thread

Default Re: Warman's Preview Thread

That actually is possible, that might be a sound solution actually. It's a clever loophole to everything. Decals can have unlimited variants so all I would have to do if have duplicates of the yellow and black ones so the appear more than the other ones. Note taken.

In regards to Flanders I have the whole roster done actually! I just need to do the texture work for both the Spanish and Flemish officers/banner carriers and then we're all set! This is good because starting later on today until around Sunday I'm going to be more busy and unable to do much. I'm moving back into my college dorms for the semester and the transition shouldn't take too long but it will compensate for the large progress I just made yesterday. If I'm lucky I'll try to start moving on to Scotland but that's probably the last big thing on my end for the first release and it'll take more work than Flanders has.

Okay, I got another preview, basically all the Flanders exclusive units. I also have a screen showing the new faction emblems too.

Flemish Knights

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Flemish Squires

Burgher Infantry

Goedendagers

Flemish Pikemen

Flemish Castellans

Burgher Cavalry

You'll also see the Flemish Officer and Banner Carrier in the mix too if you look carefully.

Finally here's a screen showing the faction emblems on the custom battle menu.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Very nice. I especially like the Goedendag unit and also great that you already created faction symbols as well. would great if you could combine the 2h animation with the 2h spear / stabbing animation to make them authentic
    Last edited by Ltd.; August 28, 2014 at 12:20 PM.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

The more I look them, the more I fear for the Kingdom of France

Great as always, warman !

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Excellent units as always . Love that units are making good use of the mace, goedendag, and pike!
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Okay guys, tell me what you think about these unit cards? I'm took excerpts from various medieval manuscripts to make them what you see now.

Well, that's a good idea, but I realy don't see the units they depict

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

It is an excellent idea, honestly I always wanted to see such representations in medieval 2 as well. I used to make similar unit cards for my own mod, though not from manuscripts, but modern "reenactors" in armour.
    It may require some more fine-tuning to make it easier to distinguish them, and though not entirely clear at first sight what they represent, after a while it would help a lot for immersion, I believe.

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

It's a cool idea. I would say the first unit under Melee Infantry, the two middle units under Spear Infantry, and the third Missile Infantry are all very well depicted. The others are much harder to identify.
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

I preferred the other cards you were using unless all units could be brought to the standard of the first melee and last missile units.
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

I think it's a good idea. It needs better images of course, maybe even split the card and make half of it "real picture" (like these on your screenshot), and the second half add picture of the unit in the game. Example below (with better pictures, of course), or maybe split it from top left to bottom right, dunno what's better.

Laetus

Just a quick suggestion for you Warman

-----

For the pikemen without the shields how they have their hand as if they are holding a shield, but are indeed not, have you thought about using the Elite Persian archer model? They have the 2 handed spear and hold it fine without any dodgy animation? Perhaps you could edit them to pikemen formation, stance, unit etc..

-----

Thought I'd share.

I am loving the units though, absolutely stunning!

So warman, now you did Flander and Iberic kingdom, what's your next faction/group ?

Scotland, then expanding a little on Ltd's rosters. Intermixed with making/adjusting UI elements, balancing and weapon sizes.

Alright, good luck then !

totalingend's Avatar Civis

Love those manusript/stained glass window unit cards! Very excited for this

As nice as the manuscript unit cards are, you can't tell if you selected the unit, so I'm trying to think of something else, maybe some Medieval 2 cards at least for now. In regards to Scotland, I'm trying to get the hardest parts of the roster done first and it's been a pain in the ass. I'm importing highlander outfits for SOME of the units and there's been two setbacks. First is clipping issues and the second is the arms. OH GOD, the arms. I guess you could say that I'm a CA defender or apologist or fanboy or some label like that, but even I can't figure out why CA has their base pose not in the standard "t pose" opting to have the arms bent in just the right way to piss me off. There are four highlander model types, and I have only got one done so far. However it'll be worth it. Also don't forget that not all the units will be highlander-esque, there will be more accurate units like pikemen, knights/squires/castellans, and a couple of others.

I know what you mean lol. Having to move all models to fit the damn skeleton is so annoying. Its not a simple case of just reskinning them like you would for every other game in existence as they all use the same T-pose.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Oh boy, how much time I have spent in trying to do it right, and still there are and probably always will be issues with the arms.... so, where possible, I´m trying to reskin existing models.
    The thing is, in R2 the models, most of them, their armour is only the torso, yet no arms so there are no tearings etc. and that is probably for a reason...

Okay so I've played catch up a little and managed to get the second model done. Also I should note that I got three highlander shields done intermixed with another shield already imported. PLUS the two models have two variants so there are a total of four body variants. Combine it all together with some vanilla hair and beards, and here is the result!